Facebook is the number one social networking application today, with over 2.6 billion users worldwide. Twitter is an engaging tool to send and/or receive short posts known as tweets. There are 145 million people who use Twitter every day. Posting entertaining or informative content on Facebook and Twitter enables you to expand your fan base and promote your business.
What if you wish to repost the same content on Twitter that you already shared on Facebook? If you want to learn the answer to this question, read till the end. Through this guide, we have shared various tricks that will help you link your Facebook account to Twitter.
How to Link Your Facebook Account to Twitter
WARNING: Facebook has disabled this feature, the below steps are no longer valid. We didn’t remove the steps as we are keeping them for archival purposes. The only way to link your Facebook account to Twitter is by using third-party apps such as Hootsuite.
1. Navigate to your Twitter account and note down your Twitter username.
2. Now open Facebook and go to your profile.
3. Click on the Edit Profile option.
4. Scroll down and at the bottom click on Edit Your About Info button.
5. From the left-hand side section click on Contact and basic info.
6. Under Websites and social links, click on Add a social link. Again click on Add a social link button.
7. From the right-hand side drop-down select Twitter and then type your Twitter username in the Social link field.
8. Once done, click on Save.
Also Read: How to Use Bookmarks on Twitter
Method 1: Check Facebook Settings
The first step is to ensure that your app platform is enabled on Facebook, thus, allowing other applications to establish a connection. Here’s how to check this:
1. Log in to your Facebook account and tap the three-dash menu icon displayed in the top right corner.
2. Now, tap on Settings.
3. Here, the Account settings menu will pop up. Tap Apps and websites as shown.
4. When you click on Apps and websites, you can manage the information you share with apps and websites you have logged into via Facebook.
5. Next, tap Apps, websites, and games as shown below.
Note: This setting controls your ability to interact with apps, websites, and games about which you can request information on Facebook.
5. Finally, to interact and share content with other applications, Turn On the setting as depicted in the given picture.
Hereon, the posts you share on Facebook can also be shared on Twitter.
Note: To utilize this feature, you have to change the post set to the public from private.
Also Read: How to Delete a Retweet from Twitter
Method 2: Link your Facebook Account with your Twitter Account
1. Click on this link to link Facebook to Twitter.
2. Select Link My Profile to Twitter displayed in the green tab. Just enter your username and password and proceed.
Note: Several Facebook accounts can be linked to your Twitter account.
3. Now, tap Authorize app.
4. Now, you will be redirected to your Facebook page. You will also receive a confirmation prompt: Your Facebook Page is now linked to Twitter.
5. Check/uncheck the following boxes as per your preferences to cross-post on Twitter when you share these on Facebook.
- Status Updates
Now, any time you post content on Facebook, it will be cross-posted on your Twitter account.
Note 1: When you post a media file like a picture or video on Facebook, a link will be posted for that corresponding original picture or video on your Twitter feed. And all the hashtags posted on Facebook will be posted as it is on Twitter.
Also Read: How to Fix Pictures in Twitter not Loading
How to Turn OFF Cross-Posting
You can turn OFF cross-posting either from Facebook or from Twitter. It does not matter whether you are deactivating the cross-posting feature using Facebook or Twitter. Both methods work effectively, and it is not necessary to implement both at the same time.
Option 1: How to Turn OFF Cross-Posting via Twitter
1. Log in to your Twitter account and launch Settings.
2. Go to the Apps section.
3. Now, all the apps that are enabled with the cross-posting feature will be displayed on the screen. Toggle OFF the applications that you no longer wish to cross-post content on.
Note: If you want to turn ON the cross-posting feature for specific applications, repeat the same steps and toggle ON the access for cross-posting.
Option 2: How to Turn OFF Cross-Posting via Facebook
1. Use the link given here and change the settings to disable the cross-posting feature.
2. You can enable the cross-posting feature again by using the same link.
- Fix Problems with Facebook not loading properly
- How to Do an Advanced Search on Facebook
- How to Extract RAR files on PC or Mobile
- Fix No Video with Supported Format and MIME type found
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to link your Facebook account to Twitter. If you have any queries/comments regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.