Your Twitter handle can be overwhelming sometimes when you go through hundreds of interesting tweets daily. Twitter is famous among users because you have the option of retweeting a tweet that you find interesting or you think is good. However, there are times when you retweet a tweet by mistake, or you might not want your followers to see that retweet? Well, in this situation, you look for a delete button to remove the retweet from your account. Unfortunately, you do not have a delete button, but there is another way to delete a retweet. To help you out, we have a guide on how to delete a retweet from Twitter that you can follow.
How to Remove a Retweet from Twitter
You can easily follow this step-by-step guide to remove a retweet that you posted on your Twitter account:
1. Open the Twitter app on your device, or you can also use the web version.
2. Log into your account by using your username and password.
3. Click on the hamburger icon or three horizontal lines on the top-left corner of the screen.
4. Go to your profile.
5. Once in your profile, scroll down and locate the retweet that you wish to delete.
6. Under the retweet, you have to click on the retweet arrow icon. This arrow icon will show up in green color below the retweet.
7. Finally, select undo retweet to remove the retweet.
That’s it; when you click on undo retweet, your retweet will be removed from your account, and your followers will no longer see it on your profile.
Also Read: How to Fix Pictures in Twitter not Loading
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I delete a retweeted tweet on Twitter?
To delete a retweeted tweet on Twitter, open your Twitter app and locate the retweet you wish to remove. Finally, you can click on the green retweet arrow icon below the retweet and select undo retweet.
Q2. Why can’t I delete retweets?
If you accidentally retweeted something and want to remove it from your timeline, then you may be looking for a delete button. However, there is no specific delete button for removing the retweets. All you have to do is click on the green retweet arrow icon below the retweet and select the option ‘undo retweet’ to remove the retweet from your timeline.
Q3. How do you undo a retweet of all your tweets?
It is not possible to undo a retweet of all your tweets. However, when you delete your tweet, then all the retweets of your tweet will also be removed from Twitter. Moreover, if you wish to delete all your retweets, you can use third-party tools like Circleboom or tweet deleter.
- How to Sync Google Calendar with Outlook
- How to Drop a Pin on Google Maps
- How to Convert Word to JPEG
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to delete a retweet from Twitter. If you still have any queries regarding this article, then feel free to ask them in the comments section.