Group chats can be a blast, whether on WhatsApp, Instagram, or Snapchat. But sometimes, things become too messy or overwhelming, and you might instead prefer to leave. However, the tricky part is to not make a big fuss and announce your departure with a loud notification. So, want to know how? We will show you how to leave a Snapchat group without notification. Let’s get started.
How to Leave Snapchat Group without Notification
Although having a group of friends or family to talk together in one place is both interesting and convenient you may reach a point where you’re irritated by the spam, and no longer want to be a part of it. But, a sense of hesitation comes along when you want to leave the group as Snapchat does notify other members with a message in the chat saying – [username] has left the group.
Unfortunately, there is no polite way to avoid it. But you can try out some of the workarounds mentioned below.
Method 1: Block Snapchat Group
Now for this, you’ll first have to block every member of the group on Snapchat. Doing so, they’ll not get any notification when you leave the group. Once left, you can unblock them.
1. Open Snapchat and navigate to the profile of the group member whom you wish to block.
2. Tap the three dots icon in the top right corner, select Manage Friendship from the menu, and then tap on Block.
3. Tap on Block again to confirm the action.
4. Repeat the same steps for all other members of the group and once everyone is blocked, you can leave the group.
Method 2: Leave Group When Everyone is Interacting
Even though this might not seem too feasible, it might work for you. Suppose the group is flooding with messages right now. You have the perfect chance to leave it as other members might miss the notification.
1. Open Snapchat and in the Chat section, long press on the group you want to leave.
2. Tap on More from the options and select Leave Group.
3. Tap on Leave again to confirm the action.
Now the other way out is to leave the group when it is completely inactive. Just in case, if its been quite a long since no one has been talking on the group, you might exit then as no one might notice it at that time.
Also Read: How to Find Groups on Snapchat
Method 3: Clear Chats
You can clear out the conversations from the group. Doing so will remove all messages from your device, except for the saved messages. If you delete all saved messages, the group will no longer be visible in the Chats section.
1. Open Snapchat and long press on the targeted group name.
2. Tap on More and select Clear Conversation from the menu.
Do note that the group will again be visible in your chats when someone sends a message on it. In such cases, you will have to repeatedly clear the messages.
Method 4: Change Username Before Leaving
Now this should work. You can change your Snapchat username before leaving the group, which can divert the attention of other members.
Note: You can only change your username once per year and your former username cannot be used, neither by others nor by you again.
1. Open Snapchat and tap on your Bitmoji at the top left corner.
2. Now tap the gear (Settings) icon at the top right corner, and then on Username.
3. Tap on Change Username, followed by Continue.
4. Enter a different username and save it.
Now you can leave the group without any worries.
How to Avoid Snapchat Notifications without Leaving the Group
In case you do not want to leave the group chat, but are tired of the constant buzz of notifications, there are multiple ways you can avoid them. Let’s take a look.
Method 1: Mute Group
You can mute all message notifications from the Snapchat group. Follow the steps:
1. In Snapchat, long press on the targeted group and tap on the More option.
2. Tap on Message Notifications and select Silent from the options.
Method 2: Turn off Snapchat Notifications from Settings
You can even disable all notifications from Snapchat directly from your phone’s settings. Here’s how:
1. Follow the path: Settings > Apps > Snapchat.
2. Tap on Notifications and toggle off the slider next to Allow notifications.
What Happens When You Leave a Snapchat Group?
When you leave a Snapchat group:
- All the messages and snaps sent by you will be removed.
- You’ll no longer be able to send or receive messages.
- You cannot view the past messages on the group.
- You’ll have to ask another group member to add you again if you want to be added.
Also Read: How to See Secret Groups on Facebook
What is Snapchat Group Etiquette?
The Snapchat group etiquettes are important to maintain a pleasant and positive environment like:
- One should take care of what he is posting and it is impacting the sentiments of others.
- The tone should be calm and straightforward so that no one misinterprets your meaning.
- Nothing should be done disrespectfully.
- The privacy of all the users should be the major thing in consideration above anything else.
We hope our guide helped you leave your Snapchat group without notification. If you have any queries or suggestions for us, do let us know in the comments section. Stay tuned to TechCult for more app-related guides.