Disappearing messages and snaps on Snapchat is its well-known nature. However, did you notice a sudden disappearance of a friend or contact from your friend list on the app? You used to send snaps to each other and suddenly you no longer find their ID in the chat section. So, what happened? Have they deleted their account or just deactivated it temporarily? In today’s article, we will discuss how to know if someone deleted their Snapchat.
Table of Contents
How to Know If Someone Deleted Their Snapchat
Snapchat does not send a direct notification or offer a particular feature to confirm that a user might have deleted their account. There could be multiple reasons why you do not find your friend’s ID on the chat list and similarly, there are a few indicators you can look for to decipher if someone has said goodbye to their account.
Method 1: Search for Their Username
If you remember the username of your friend, search for it. You can follow these steps:
1. Open Snapchat and slide to the Chat section.
2. Tap on the Magnifying Glass (Search) icon at the top left corner.
3. Type the username in the search bar. Alternatively, you can also type their display name to search.
- If you do not find the profile on searching, there could be two possible outcomes: either they have blocked you or have deleted their account.
- If you find a +Add next to their username, it means they have removed you as a friend.
Also Read: How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories
Method 2: Search Their Profile from a Different Account
If you’re not seeing any stories or are not able to interact with someone, then there may be a case that they have blocked you. And if you’re unsure whether they have deleted their account or blocked you, you can follow these steps:
1. Login with a new Snapchat account.
2. Search for the username of the person.
If you can see their profile in your new Snapchat account, that means they have not deleted their account but rather blocked your previous account.
Recommended: Does Snapchat Delete Inactive Accounts?
Sometimes, it becomes unclear to tell if someone has deleted their Snapchat account or blocked you. However, we hope by following the steps outlined above, you can be sure of it. If you have any queries or suggestions, please let us know in the comments section.