When it comes to streaming, Roku TV is a top choice, offering more than you might expect. You may imagine having web browsing capabilities on your TV screen and other perks it provides. Opera is one such browser that provides you with unique features, allowing access to websites, web apps, and more. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to install the Opera Browser on your Roku TV, creating a unique blend of streaming and web-based experiences.
How to Install Opera Browser on Roku TV
Roku TV, being a popular streaming platform, does have some good web browsers you can use. But with staggering advancements in the evolution of web browsers of the likes of Opera, its customers expect some development. Unfortunately, Roku doesn’t provide native support for downloading browsers. In the Roku channel store, you’ll only find two web browsers:
- Web Browser X
- Poprism Web Browser
However, many users have reported issues with these browsers, including clunky user interfaces and problematic page formatting. It is where the Opera browser comes into the picture.
Opera One browser stands out because it’s lightweight and fast. It’s designed to consume minimal CPU and RAM resources while offering speed-boosting features like a battery saver. Plus, it boasts integrated security features such as a VPN and an ad-blocker, ensuring a secure and uninterrupted browsing experience. It will indeed be an amazing experience for you to enjoy this browser on a large screen using your Roku device.
So, how can you work around the limitation of getting the Opera browser on Roku and using it for browsing? To learn more about that, let’s explore the following methods.
You can use the Opera browser on Roku by casting the phone screen to the Roku device.
1. Enable Screen mirroring on Roku TV.
2. Open Android Settings and go to the Connection preferences menu.
3. Select Cast.
4. Tap on the three-dotted icon and select Enable wireless display.
5. Tap on your Roku device from the device list.
6. Launch the Opera One app on your phone for browsing on Roku TV.
Method 1: Cast from Android Smartphone
If you have an Android smartphone, you can cast Opera One directly on your Roku TV. The steps to do so are listed below:
Note 1: Make sure that your mobile device is connected to the same network as your Roku TV for a seamless connection. Also, ensure screen mirroring is enabled on your Roku TV.
Note 2: Since Android smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device.
1. Launch the Settings app on your Android phone.
2. Go to the Connection preferences menu.
3. Then, tap on Cast.
4. Tap on the three-dotted icon from the top right corner of the screen.
5. Mark the checkbox for the Enable wireless display option.
6. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
7. Open the Opera One app on your phone and start browsing.
Method 2: Cast from Opera One on PC
Another way to use the Opera One browser on your Roku TV is by casting its screen from your PC.
1. Go to the Opera One website on your PC and click on DOWNLOAD NOW to download the latest version of the app.
2. Launch the Opera One app on your PC and go to the desired webpage.
3. Right-click anywhere on the screen and select Cast…
4. From the devices shown, choose your Roku device.
This method allows you to control the browser from your PC while displaying it on the big screen. It’s quick and easy, provided you have a laptop or PC available.
Method 3: Mirror PC Screen
You can use screen mirroring to show everything present on your PC screen, like Opera browser, on a target device like Roku without having to install the app itself.
Note 1: Make sure screen mirroring is enabled on your Roku TV.
Note 2: You have to make sure that both your PC and Roku device are connected to the same network for a seamless experience.
1. On your PC, click on the Start option > Settings gear icon.
2. Click on System and scroll down to the Display section.
3. Under Scale & layout, select Multiple displays.
4. Then, select the Connect to a wireless display option.
5. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
6. Open the Opera One app and start browsing.
Also Read: How To Turn Off Screen Mirroring Android
This way, you have learned how to install the Opera browser on Roku TV with the help of this guide. The workarounds mentioned above can help you use the Opera browser on your Roku device. Share your queries or suggestions in the comments box below, and continue exploring our website for more informative articles. Happy browsing!