Screen mirroring comes in handy when you want to wirelessly display your phone or tablet’s screen on a larger external display, such as a TV or computer monitor. It is quite useful for presentations or streaming media content. However, there might be instances where to protect your privacy, prevent unwanted mirroring, or conserve battery life, you might want to disable it. Therefore, we will guide you on how to turn off screen mirroring on your Android device.
Table of Contents
How To Turn Off Screen Mirroring Android
If you do not want to mirror your smartphone to another display, you can switch back to your regular display mode. Let’s take a look at the methods.
To turn off Screen Mirroring on the Android device:
1. Swipe down the screen to access the Quick Settings Panel.
2. Tap on the Screen Mirroring or Screencast icon to disable it.
Method 1: For Google Home users
If you use Google Home to connect and cast your smartphone on an external display, follow these steps:
1. Launch the Google Home app on your Android device.
2. Tap on the device on which your screen mirroring is turned on.
3. Tap on the Stop mirroring option at the bottom to stop screen mirroring.
Method 2: For Native Screen Cast Users
If you use the built-in screen mirroring or casting feature on your Android device, follow the steps below to turn it off.
Note: Smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device. These steps were performed on Realme Narzo 10 (Android 10), as shown in the illustrations below.
1. Open the Settings app on your Android device.
2. From Settings tap on the Connection & sharing option.
3. Tap on the Screencast option under WIRESLESS TRANSPORT.
4. Toggle off the Screencast option.
Recommended: 10 Best Screen Mirroring Apps for Android to Roku
We hope this article has helped you learn how to turn off screen mirroring Android. Please share your valuable experience reading this article. In case of any queries or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.