Microsoft owns the mobile group messaging application GroupMe. The private business GroupMe introduced it in May 2010. By June 2012, GroupMe was sending 550 million messages monthly as opposed to over 100 million in August 2011. Over 12 million members were registered on GroupMe in 2013. An app for group chatting is available for free called GroupMe. It’s an easy way to remain in touch with friends and family. Even your pals without cell phones are welcome to participate. If you are someone looking for tips about the same, we are bringing you a helpful guide that will teach you how to hide messages on GroupMe and see hidden messages on GroupMe. You will also learn how to unhide messages on GroupMe and delete messages on GroupMe.
Table of Contents
- How to Hide Messages on GroupMe
- Can You Private Message on GroupMe?
- How Do You Check Private Messages on GroupMe?
- Can New GroupMe Members See Old Messages?
- Can You Hide Messages on GroupMe?
- Can You See Hidden Messages on GroupMe?
- Does Hiding a Message on Groupme Hide It from Everyone?
- If You Hide a Message on GroupMe, Can Others Still See It?
- What Happens If You Hide a Chat on GroupMe?
- How to Hide Messages on GroupMe?
- How to Unhide Message in GroupMe?
- How to Unhide Messages on GroupMe iPhone?
- Does Clearing a Chat on GroupMe Clear It for Everyone?
- Can You Delete GroupMe Messages?
- Can the Owner of a GroupMe Delete Messages?
- Why Can’t I Delete Messages on GroupMe?
- How to Delete a GroupMe Message after 60 Minutes?
- How Do I Retrieve Deleted Messages on GroupMe?
How to Hide Messages on GroupMe
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to hide messages on GroupMe in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Can You Private Message on GroupMe?
Yes, you can send a private message on GroupMe. You can transmit a private message to another GroupMe user by sending a Direct Message (DM).
How Do You Check Private Messages on GroupMe?
Here are the steps to check private messages on GroupMe:
1. Open the GroupMe app on your Android or iOS mobile phone.
Note: Make sure you are logged in to your account.
2. Tap on the Chats tab from the bottom panel.
3A. Tap the Search icon to find the specific chats and tap on the results.
3B. Or swipe down and tap on the desired chat to access it.
Also Read: How to Listen to Instagram Voice Message
Can New GroupMe Members See Old Messages?
No, new GroupMe members cannot see old messages in the group.
Can You Hide Messages on GroupMe?
Yes, a message or image you sent in a GroupMe conversation can be deleted or hidden.
Can You See Hidden Messages on GroupMe?
Yes, you can see and unhide hidden messages on GroupMe.
Does Hiding a Message on Groupme Hide It from Everyone?
No, hiding a message on GroupMe does not hide it from everyone. The ability to hide GroupMe discussions is only available on your own device.
If You Hide a Message on GroupMe, Can Others Still See It?
Yes, if you hide a message on GroupMe, others can still see it.
What Happens If You Hide a Chat on GroupMe?
You can hide your copy of a chat on GroupMe, but the chat of the other participants is not obscured by it. Your chat history is restored if you conceal a discussion and then re-talk with the same individual or group.
How to Hide Messages on GroupMe?
GroupMe’s hide message option enables you to hide a chat from a chat history and make it unreadable only on your device. Here are the steps to hide a chat:
1. Open the GroupMe app on your phone.
2. Tap and hold the desired chat to select it.
3. Tap on the three-dotted icon from the top right corner of the screen.
4. Tap on the Hide option.
The chat will be hidden on your device.
Also Read: How to Hide Messages on Instagram
How to Unhide Message in GroupMe?
Here are the steps to unhide GroupMe chat on Android:
1. Open the GroupMe app on your phone.
2. Tap on the desired chat or group on which you want to unhide messages.
3. Tap on the chat or group profile picture from the top right of the screen.
4. Tap on the Settings option.
5. In Settings, swipe down to the bottom and tap on Unhide hidden messages.
6. Tap on UNHIDE from the popup to unhide all the hidden messages in the group.
Also Read: How Can You Leave a GroupMe Chat
How to Unhide Messages on GroupMe iPhone?
You can read and follow the steps mentioned above to unhide all the messages on the GroupMe iPhone app.
Does Clearing a Chat on GroupMe Clear It for Everyone?
No, clearing a chat on GroupMe does not clear it for everyone. For both individual and group chats, the conversation history can be cleared. Doing this lets you delete the chat history from your device, but the other participants can still view the chat.
Can You Delete GroupMe Messages?
Yes, you can delete GroupMe messages.
Can the Owner of a GroupMe Delete Messages?
Yes, if you are the group owner, you may choose to end the group and erase all of the conversations within it.
Why Can’t I Delete Messages on GroupMe?
You cannot delete messages on GroupMe after an hour. After sending a message in a GroupMe conversation, you have 60 minutes to remove it.
How to Delete a GroupMe Message after 60 Minutes?
You won’t be able to erase any texts after 60 minutes of the grace period have passed. GroupMe messages can still be hidden on your end, though, so they won’t appear in your chat history. But keep in mind that this technique only hides messages on your device; the recipient can still view the delivered message.
How Do I Retrieve Deleted Messages on GroupMe?
You cannot retrieve your chat history once you have deleted it from your device.
- 16 Ways to Fix iPhone Not Ringing Problem
- How Do I See Siri History on iPhone
- Why GroupMe Won’t Let You Log In?
- How to Hide Your WhatsApp Status from Specific Contacts
So, we hope you have understood how to hide messages on GroupMe with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.