Instagram is a well-known social networking application for photo and video sharing. Instagram allows you to create groups and talk to people every day. But are you unaware of how to add someone in a group chat on Instagram? Then, you’re at the right place. We’ll explain how to add and remove users from the Instagram group chat. Keep reading to find out!
How to Add and Remove Someone from Instagram Group Chat
When you add a user to the group chat, the previous messages will be visible to new participants when you invite them, except for images and videos that have gone. You must first send a message in advance for the group to be created. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to add someone to a group chat on Instagram and remove them in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Follow the below steps to add and remove members from Instagram group:
1. Open the desired Instagram group.
2. Tap the group name.
3. Swipe down and tap on Add people.
4. Search and tap on the desired member’s username and tap on Next to add them.
5. Tap on Add from the popup.
6. To remove, tap on the three-dotted icon beside the username.
7. Then, tap on Remove from Group.
Can Anyone Add People to a Group Chat on Instagram?
Yes. Anyone who is a member of the group can add the people they like to the group. On Instagram, most group conversations can have up to 250 members. Read further to know how to add someone to a group chat on Instagram.
How to Add Someone on Instagram Group Chat
After starting a group chat on Instagram Direct, you can add more people if you want to. Let’s check how to add someone in a group chat on Instagram;
Note: Make sure you are logged into your IG account.
2. Tap on the Messenger or DM icon from the top right corner.
3. Open the desired group.
4. Tap the group name from the top of the group chat.
5. Swipe down and tap on Add people.
6. To find the desired user, tap the search bar.
7. Search and tap on the desired member’s username and tap on Next to add them.
8. Tap on Add from the popup stating that the user can view all of the group chat’s earlier messages.
Also Read: How to Add Members in Telegram Group
Can You See Previous Messages when Added to a Group Chat Instagram?
Yes. They can see the previous messages. The previous messages in a group conversation will be visible to new participants when you invite them, with the exception of images and videos that have disappeared. This is possible when you choose to show them the previous conversations while adding them.
Can Anyone Remove Someone from a Group Chat?
No. There are a variety of circumstances in which you could need to kick someone out of the group, though. Only admins can remove users from group chats on Instagram.
Can You Remove an Admin from Instagram Group Chat?
Yes and no. You can only remove an admin from the group chat if you are also an admin of that group. Normal users cannot remove an admin from the IG group chat.
How to Remove Someone on Instagram Group Chat
To remove someone from the IG group chat:
Note: This is only achievable if you are the group’s admin.
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Tap on the DM icon > desired group.
3. Tap on the group name from the top of the screen.
4. Tap on the three-dotted icon next to the desired user you want to remove.
5. Then, tap on Remove from Group.
What Happens When You Remove Someone from Instagram Group Chat?
The person who has been removed will see the notification stating: admin _ removed _ in the chat. The deleted user will be unable to communicate in the conversation any longer. The individual who was kicked out of the chat can still visit it and see all of the earlier exchanges and modifications.
Does Instagram Notify Someone When You Remove Them from a Group?
Yes. The person who is being removed will see the notification in the chat.
- What are the Games to Play on IG Live?
- How to Remove Fake Followers from Instagram
- How Do I Remove Myself from a Dropbox Group
- How to Add Someone into a Picture without Photoshop
We hope that you learned about how to add someone to a group chat on Instagram and also remove them. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.