Grammarly is one of the most renowned applications that people use to get grammatically correct content. It has become a useful tool that helps to avoid mistakes professionally or simply converse the right way. If you are wondering how to use Grammarly for iPhone and iPad, then this article is going to be extremely helpful for you. Let’s get started!
How to Get Grammarly for iPhone and iPad
Getting Grammarly on the iPhone is as easy as downloading and using any other application available on the App Store. Fortunately, even to get Grammarly for iPad, you can follow the same methods. Just follow the steps that we have mentioned below:
Note: Since not all versions of iOS offer the same features, some features mentioned in the article might not work. The following methods were tried on iOS 17.0.3. However, it is important to keep your Wi-Fi or cellular data for the methods to work properly.
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Click on the search icon on the bottom right-hand side.
3. In the search bar that is now visible. On the top of the screen, you can type Grammarly.
4. Tap on the download icon that is present towards the right side of the Grammarly app option in the list.
5. Once the download is complete, tap on Open.
You have now successfully downloaded the Grammarly app for your iPhone. You can use it as per your preference.
Also Read: 32 Best Plagiarism Checkers for Chatbots
How Do I enable Grammarly on My iPhone Keyboard
There are various methods that you can utilize to enable the Grammarly app on your iPhone. Below we have provided the top three methods that you can utilize to enable Grammarly at any time on your iPhone.
Note: To use any of the below methods successfully, you need to have downloaded the Grammarly application on your iPhone beforehand.
Method 1: Using Keyboard Settings
You can enable Grammarly on the iPhone keyboard directly through the Keyboard settings.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Go to the General option.
3. Tap on the Keyboard option.
4. Furthermore, tap on Keyboards at the top of the list.
5. Choose Grammarly to enable it.
6. Turn on the toggle for Allow Full Access.
7. Tap on Allow in the pop-up.
That is it. You have now successfully enabled Grammarly for daily use on your keyboard.
Method 2: During Grammarly App Setup
The following steps are to be taken directly after the download. In case you have simply downloaded the application previously, once you open the application it will prompt you for the setup.
1. Open the Grammarly app.
2. Tap on Next a few times to setup the app.
3. Tap on Turn on notifications option.
4. Choose your Apple ID or your Google ID to create an account on Grammarly or to log into an existing account.
5. Next, tap on the Allow full access option that appears on your screen.
6. After being directed to the Grammarly settings on your iPhone, tap on Keyboards.
7. Now, turn on the toggle for Allow Full Access and tap on Allow in the prompt.
With granting the permission, you are now successfully set up and have enabled grammar for your keyboards.
Also Read: 15 Best AI Productivity Tools
How to Use Grammarly on iPhone
Since Grammarly is a versatile application, you can use it as one of the three methods that we have stated below.
Method 1: Via App
This method is most suitable for checking the overall structure and grammar of any document or text.
1. Open the Grammarly application on your iPhone.
2. Now tap on the write option.
You will now be able to see a blank screen. You can either start writing the text manually or you can copy and paste. Your grammar will be checked and corrected. Suggestions will be given in real-time. You can select the right suggestion from the prompts below.
Method 2: Using Keyboard Shortcut
You can also enable Grammarly on my iPhone keyboard by simply using a keyboard shortcut. Here’s how:
1. Open any document or contact messages to use grammar while you are typing a text.
2. When the keyboard shows up, tap on the globe icon that is available in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen
By doing this, you will enable the grammar keyboard. With a Grammarly keyboard, you will get suggestions as well as corrections for the text that you type.
Method 3: Enabling Extension On Safari
Also, you can enable the Grammarly extension on Safari on iPhone.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Swipe down and choose Safari.
3. Swipe down and then tap on the Extensions option.
4. Tap on Grammarly for Safari.
5. Now, turn on the toggle for the Allow Extensions option.
Now you have successfully enabled Grammarly for your Safari use. If you type anything on Safari or any other document or mail that you craft on Safari, you will get suggestions from Grammarly.
Is Grammarly Free for iPhones?
Not entirely. Although there is a free version of Grammarly, you can use it if you are new to this application. You should, however, note that the free version of Grammarly will not have all the premium features. If you are looking to use all the existing features of the Grammarly app, you can simply choose a package that fits your needs and requirements. You can also cancel your Grammarly subscription anytime you want.
Also Read: Top 26 Best Grammarly Alternatives
Is Grammarly For iPhone Good?
Yes. Whether you are in a hurry or you are prone to make mistakes while crafting a document or an email, Grammarly has got your back. As Grammarly provides real-time suggestions, it becomes even easier to correct your grammar on the go. Plus, the grammar editor option helps you to edit and enhance the grammar of any document that you have on your device.
We all often make mistakes, especially when it comes to grammar. However, there is always a solution to every problem. We have explained all the methods in this guide on how to get Grammarly on your iPhone so that you can use it effectively on your iOS devices and improve your writing style!