Discord is one of the most popular social media platforms that is raising in popularity among young users. Discord has a large community of young people such as students and teenagers with contrasting interests and insights. To avoid the misuse of the platform many schools and educational institutions block Discord from their premises. However, if you want to know how to get Discord unblocked at school without anyone knowing you have come to the right place. In this guide, we will discuss why is Discord blocked at school and possible reasons for the same. We will also discuss and give you methods for how do you unblock Discord on school Chromebook. So stick along with us and carefully follow this guide to know how to unblock Discord at school.
Table of Contents
How to Get Discord Unblocked at School
Many students wonder why their schools have blocked Discord from their networks. Well, in simple terms it is to avoid the misuse of the platform on the school premises. The block can also be to prevent students from sharing sensitive information and content on the Discord platform.
Method 1: Use VPN Service to Access Discord
VPNs are important tools that can help you hide your IP address to access websites, applications, or online tools that are blocked for you. Therefore, if you can’t figure out why is Discord blocked at school it is probably because the school has blocked the Discord app and websites for your system’s IP address. To know how do you unblock Discord on school Chromebook you can use a VPN service. There are many VPN providers that are available online which can help you with how to unblock discord at school queries. Most of these services are often not free and you will have to purchase a subscription. However, there are a few VPN extensions available for you to use.
Method 2: Use Discord on Browser
A different method to unblock Discord or Minecraft in school is to use Discord on the browser instead of the App. Often, schools and other such institutions do not block apps rather they prevent you from downloading the executable file which further prevents you from installing the application. You can easily avoid this by using the Discord browser app instead. The Discord browser app is almost like the Discord app, however, you will have to log in to your Discord account from the web browser.
1. Go to Discord webpage.
2. Here, click on the Login button.
3. Enter your login credentials and click on Log In.
Also Read: How to Undisable Discord Account
Method 3: Copy IP Address
Often, schools and other educational institutions use content blockers that are developed to block keyword-specific content. Therefore, if you search for keywords that are blocked by these tools you may not be able to access certain websites. However, there is a way to avoid these content blocker tools if you are using a Windows computer by copying the IP address of the official website to figure out why is Discord blocked at school, how do you unblock Discord on a school Chromebook, and how to unblock discord at school.
1. Press Windows key, type Command Prompt, then click on Open.
2. Type the given command and press the Enter key.
3. You will now see the IP address of the website.
4. Copy the IP address and search for it on the Google browser.
This is an effective method and you will probably be able to get Discord unblocked at school.
Method 4: Install Discord from External Storage
Many schools and institutions block certain websites which can prevent you from downloading specific applications. If this is also the case with your school you can avoid this by trying to install Discord from external storage. You can later move this downloaded Discord software to your school computer via a USB or Pen Drive.
Method 5: Use Discord from Another Device
If your school has blocked some specific IP addresses to avoid downloads of certain apps and websites. However, you should still be able to use these apps and websites from a different device. Therefore, to unblock Discord in your school you should try to use Discord from external storage to get Discord unblocked at school.
Method 6: Use Web Proxy to Unblock Discord
Another method to unblock Discord in school is to use a web proxy. Web proxy opens the blocked website on a different network which allows you to use and install Discord. There are many free online platforms and tools that can provide you with a free web proxy which you can use to figure out how do you unblock Discord on school Chromebook and how to unblock discord at school.
Method 7: Use Chrome Remote Desktop
If you still can’t figure out why is Discord blocked at school and how to unblock it this method can help you get around this. If you have a desktop at home you can use Chrome Remote Desktop to access Discord in school. Chrome Remote Desktop tool provides you to remotely access your home computer. You can use this tool to control and use Discord from school.
1. On your school computer open Google Chrome and go to Chrome Remote Desktop.
2. Here, click on Access my computer.
3. From the left-side menu, click on Remote Support.
4. Now, locate Connect to another computer and enter the Access code.
5. Finally, click Connect button to connect your home computer.
Note: For this method to work you will have to ask someone to access the Chrome Remote Desktop tool on your home computer.
Method 8: Use Google Translate to Use Discord
An unusual method to access Discord on a school computer is to use the Google translate tool to get Discord unblocked at school.
1. Visit the Google Translate page.
2. In the translation box, type www.discord.com.
3. A link will appear on the translated box.
4. Click this link and a broken Discord website will appear.
Also Read: How to Fix Discord Keeps Freezing
The following are some of the additional methods that you can use to unblock Discord at school.
Method 1: Use Alpha Testing Version of Discord
Often schools and institutions do not block the frontrunner versions of programs when they block a specific website for students to use and students may wonder how to unblock discord at school. If this is also the case with your school you can still use the Alpha Testing Version of Discord to figure out why is Discord blocked at school and how do you unblock Discord on school Chromebook.
You can access the Alpha Testing Version of Discord by following two methods
Option I: Through Google Chrome
You can directly access the Alpha Testing version from Google Chrome by following these simple steps to get Discord unblocked at school.
1. Open Google Chrome from the Start menu.
2. In the search bar type canary.discordapp and press enter and click on the first search result to download and install Discord.
Option II: Through Command Prompt
You can also access it by copying the IP address from the Command Prompt to access Discord.
1. Launch the Command Prompt.
2. Type ping canary.discordapp.com and press the Enter key.
3. You will now see the IP address of the website.
Also Read: Fix Error 1105 Discord in Windows 10
Method 2: Use Discord Unblocked Extension
Extensions can be very useful tools when it comes to surfing the internet. If your school has blocked some specific websites and apps such as Discord for students to use. You can use Discord Unblocked Extension to get access to the site. You can add this extension to your Google Chrome browser by following these simple steps to figure out how to unblock discord at school and to get Discord unblocked at school.
1. Open Google Chrome from the Start menu and visit Discord Unblocked Extension.
2. Now, click on Add to Chrome button.
3. Click on Add app to confirm the action.
4. Wait for the extension to be added to Chrome.
Method 3: Use TOR Mirror
If none of the previously mentioned methods work and you still don’t know why is Discord blocked at school and How do you unblock Discord on school Chromebook. You can try to use a TOR mirror to access Discord. TOR mirrors can help you get access to a blocked website. However, the effectiveness of this method will depend on the network’s firewall and web security.
Also Read: How to Play Roblox on School Chromebook
How Do You Unblock Discord on School Chromebook
You can follow the following simple steps to unblock Discord on school Chromebook and to get Discord unblocked at school.
1. Firstly, sign in to your Chromebook and open the Quick Settings panel from the bottom right corner of the screen.
2. Now, click on the Settings gear icon
3. Next, select the Apps option from the left side panel.
4. Now, enable Google Play Store by clicking on Turn on button.
5. Then, open Google Play Store and search Discord in it.
6. Here, click on the green Install button.
7. Wait for the installation to finish.
8. Once the installation is done, open your Chromebook Launcher.
9. The App will be visible in Play Store Apps
10. Finally, Open Discord, and sign in with your account.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is Discord?
Ans. Discord is a social media and content-sharing platform. It is one of the fastest-growing content-sharing platforms with millions of users worldwide.
Q2. Why can’t I use Discord from my school?
Ans. Often schools and educational institutions block Discord and other content-sharing platforms to prevent students from sharing sensitive content.
Q3. Can I unblock Discord from school?
Ans. Yes, there are various methods that can be used to unblock Discord from your schools. Methods such as using a VPN are one of the most effective methods to unblock Discord from school.
- How to Get Robux Easily for Free
- 19 Best Free Discord Voice Changer
- 6 Ways to Get Free Discord Nitro
- Fix Discord an Unknown Network Error in Windows 10
We hope this guide was helpful to you and you were able to get Discord unblocked at school. Let us know which method worked for you the best. If you have any suggestions or queries for us please let us know in the comment section.