Tinder is an online dating and geosocial networking application which was founded by Sean Rad in 2012 at a hackathon that was held in West Hollywood. Tinder’s swipe feature has attracted users to the app, where the user either swipes left to dislike a profile or swipes right to like a profile. If both the users like each other’s profiles, they can start messaging each other and connect through this platform easily. Most users found their love on Tinder, while others enjoyed meeting new people through Tinder. Also, some users have bad experiences, and some have good ones, but the overall result can come out to be beneficial for the users. To create a Tinder account, you need to be at least 18 years old or above. Otherwise, you won’t be able to sign up. If you are new to Tinder and finding a solution or guide which can help you with the age restriction, this article will help you with that. It will help you understand how to fix Tinder age restriction and how to verify your age on Tinder. You will also get to learn why do you get age restricted on Tinder and why did Tinder ban you for no reason.
How to Fix Tinder Age Restriction
You will get to know how to fix Tinder age restriction and verify your age on Tinder further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
How can you verify your age on Tinder?
You can verify your Tinder account to easily and quickly verify your age as well. Let’s see how you can do it with the help of the steps mentioned below.
Note: Make sure you are logged in to your Tinder account in the Tinder app.
1. Open the Tinder app on your smartphone.
2. Tap on the profile icon from the top-left corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the check mark icon next to your profile name.
4. Tap on NEXT from the ensuing popup.
5. Tap on VERIFY ME.
6. Pose like the 2 example pictures shown on your screen and tap on 1ST POSE > 2ND POSE to submit your pictures.
7. Tap on OKAY.
After completing the verification process, you will see the green clock icon beside your profile name which means that your age restriction is under review and you will get the confirmation within three business days. This is how you can verify your age on Tinder app.
Also Read: How Long does Tinder Shadowban Last?
How Can You Use Tinder If You are Under 18?
You can’t use Tinder if you are under 18 because it’s the minimum age requirement set by Tinder for users to create an account. If you are under 18 and you sign up for an account, you will be asked to enter your date of birth. And as you’ll enter your date of birth, Tinder will automatically identify your age and will age restrict you. You will only be able to access that account only after you turn 18. Some users enter the wrong date of birth to create an account, but when it comes to age verification, their account gets banned. So, there’s no meaning in creating a Tinder account if you are under 18.
Why Can’t You Verify Tinder?
Here are some reasons why you won’t be able to verify Tinder:
- Tinder might be having some trouble verifying your email or phone number.
- The photos you’ve posted for age verification might not be as it was shown on the screen.
- There can be some server issue, Tinder app bug, or your network connection issue which is causing the error.
- Even if you successfully create an account for being under 18, you won’t be able to verify yourself on Tinder.
- Maybe your email or your phone number is not receiving the verification code.
Why Do You Get Age Restricted on Tinder?
The only reason to get age restricted on Tinder is your age. If you’ve entered a date of birth that is not 18 or above, you will be age restricted on Tinder. If you are under 18, Tinder is not for you because that’s the minimum age any user needs to have to create a Tinder account. Most users sometimes enter the wrong date of birth and submit it. In that case, their age calculates to be below 18 and they get age restricted. The date of birth you’ve once entered can’t be changed until you verify yourself with a valid id.
How to Fix Tinder Age Restriction?
To fix the Tinder age restriction, just follow these steps:
1. Open the Tinder app on your phone.
2. Tap on Upload Your ID to Verify Your Age below the Age Restricted message.
3. Tap on any of the following options:
- Driver’s license
- Identity card
4. Tap on Start.
5. Place your ID in the camera frame and tap on the camera icon.
6. Tap on Complete to submit the ID or tap on Try again to take a new picture.
You’ll receive a confirmation email that the age restriction on your account is completely removed and your date of birth is updated. This is the process of how to fix Tinder age restriction.
Also Read: How to Cancel My Tinder Gold Subscription
How Can You Reset Your Tinder?
To reset your Tinder account, follow these upcoming steps:
1. Open the Tinder app and tap on the profile icon.
2. Tap on SETTINGS.
3. Swipe down to the bottom and tap on Delete Account.
4. Tap on the Delete My Account > option.
5. Tap on any of the desired reasons for your account deletion.
6. Tap on Delete My Account to confirm your account deletion process.
7. Now, open the Tinder app again and Sign up for a new account.
What Happens If You Lie about Your Age on Tinder?
Lying on social media is a common thing, but if you lie about your age on Tinder, it might affect your Tinder profile. If you’ve lied about your age on Tinder and if someone reported your profile, you might face a permanent account ban or permanent device ban, which means you won’t be able to create a new account or any Tinder account on that device. Now, let’s see why did Tinder ban you for no reason in the next section.
Why Did Tinder Ban You for No Reason?
Tinder doesn’t ban any account without any reason. If some users have found your interactions offensive and reported your account, your account may get banned. Any user can report you if they found out that your profile is not real, your age is not real, you’ve gone way too wrong or offensive, or any other reason.
Will Tinder Ever Unban You?
Yes, Tinder can unban you only if you’ve submitted the unban appeal and are found innocent. If someone reported your account, you have the right to submit an appeal explaining that you did not do any offense.
How Can You Get Unbanned from Tinder?
To get unbanned from Tinder, follow these upcoming steps:
1. Visit the Tinder help submit request page.
2. Select Trouble with account login under What can we help you with? field.
3. Select Can’t login, my account was banned under What’s going on?
4. Enter your email address and phone number linked to your Tinder account.
5. Write the issue in detail under Description.
6. Add attachments, If any.
7. Click on Submit to submit your unban appeal.
Is Bumble Better than Tinder?
It depends. In some cases, Bumble is better and, in other ones, Tinder is more reasonable. On both apps, users found their love and some even found their life partners to whom they are happily married. It is only about the preference of the respective app users that provides them with more reasonable choices and the comfortability they desire.
- Is There a JCPenney Mastercard?
- Are Grindr Bans Permanent?
- 21 Best Free Hookup Websites
- How to Change Your Name Or Gender On Tinder?
We hope that you learned about how to fix Tinder age restriction and why did Tinder ban you for no reason. Feel free to contact us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.