Is your PS5 controller acting up? Are you experiencing issues with the reset button not working? Don’t worry. In this guide, we’ll show you how to fix it. Moreover, we’ll give you a workaround to reset your PS5 controller without the console. Say goodbye to frustration and hello to seamless gaming! You just have to follow the steps given below.
Fix PS5 Controller Reset Button Not Working
Resetting the PS5 controller helps in fixing the issues with the reset button. Moreover, it also resolves other problems related to battery life, syncing, and even input lag. Major problems like the controller not turning on or failing to connect to your PS5 console will be resolved.
Method 1: Soft Reset
If you’re encountering connectivity issues with your PS5 controller, a soft reset might do the trick. Here you need a second PS5 controller to reset the first one directly from the console. Follow the steps given below to the address problem.
1. Disconnect the PS5 controller you wish to reset.
2. Connect another controller and press the PS button twice and you will be able to access the Control Center menu.
3. Select the Accessories option.
4. Now choose the Faulty PS5 controller you are planning to Reset.
5. Choose the Turn-Off option that will turn the controller the LED light off.
6. Finally relink the controller by clicking on the PS button.
Also Read: Fix PS5 Controller Update Not Working
Method 2: Hard Reset
When casual troubleshooting with the PS5 console doesn’t solve the issue, a hard reset of your PS5 controller might be the last resort. It brings the controller back to its original settings, erasing any downloaded updates and resetting all configurations to default. Here’s how you can hard reset your PS5 controller without an extra controller.
1. Disconnect and Switch off the PS5 controller you want to reset.
2. Locate the small hole at the back of the controller near the SONY logo. Gently insert a thin pin-like object in the hole for 5 seconds.
3. After 5 seconds wait for the controller’s light to flash and go off.
4. With the help of a USB-C cable connect the controller to the PS5.
5. Finally, resync the controller by hitting the PS button.
Method 3: Contacting the Support team of PlayStation
1. Visit the PlayStation website for further assistance. The website will fetch the details of your controller and then it will assist you in fixing the controller.
Also Read: Fix PS5 Blinking White Light Error
What can you do if resetting doesn’t fix the controller?
You can try out the solutions mentioned below if resetting doesn’t fix the controller:
1. Try a different USB-C cable: Sometimes the cable you get with the controller only charges it but fails to transfer the information.
2. Check the devices connected via Bluetooth: Some devices interrupt the connection between the Bluetooth controller and the console.
3. Try updating the system Firmware: Running an outdated version of the device can cause additional problems as well.
So if you’re experiencing issues with your PS5 controller’s reset button or any other related problems, resetting the controller is a simple and effective solution. Follow the steps outlined in this article, and you’ll have your PS5 controller working like new in no time.
We hope this guide was helpful to you and you were able to fix the PS5 controller reset button not working issue. Let us know which method worked for you. If you have any suggestions or queries for us, please let us know in the comment section.