An Instagram story is kind of like a short description of your day, which vanishes when its duration is over. An Instagram story can be anything a picture, a video, or a text. It can either be a post of yours or a post belonging to someone else. A story can be watched multiple times until it’s up there, and the user who posted it has complete control over it. If they want, they can edit, view who viewed their story, delete it, add a story to highlight, or share it with others. As you might know, stories are not like posts. Posts, once uploaded, stay forever on Instagram, but the stories vanish after 24 hours of their upload time, and after that, no one can view them until you’ve added the story to your highlights. As Instagram is built out of software and is a software thing, there might be some errors or bugs in it at some point. These bugs can be fixed. If you’re here to know why your Instagram story views not showing and how to fix it, this article will help you with that. It will also guide you with steps to see who viewed your Instagram story.
How to Fix Instagram Story Views Not Showing
Read this article till the end to learn the steps demonstrating how to fix Instagram Story views not showing in a detailed manner using the pictures for better understanding.
Can I See Who Looks at My Instagram Story?
Yes, you can see who looks at your Instagram story. You need to go to your story and see how many users have watched your stories there. You have control over your stories. You can also restrict some users from watching your story. Also, you can manage from story settings who can watch your story.
- If your IG account is public, anyone on Instagram can view your story.
- If it’s private, only your followers can view your story.
- If the story uploaded by you is only for your close friends, then only the close friends can view it.
Can You See Who Views Your Instagram Story If Not Friends?
Yes, you can see who views your Instagram story if not friends. Only the followers can view their stories for private Instagram accounts, but in the case of public accounts, anyone on Instagram can view the story. If you have kept your Instagram account public and allowed everyone to view it in the story settings, you can see how many people have watched your stories, and their profiles will be shown as a list. You can see the below heading to know how to see who viewed your Instagram story.
How to See Who Viewed Your Instagram Story?
To know how to see who viewed your Instagram story, follow these steps:
2. From the home screen, tap on the Your story tab.
3. Tap on the Activity option from the bottom left corner.
4. You will see the number of views on your story and the list of people who have viewed it.
This is how you can see who viewed your IG story.
What does Top Viewers on Instagram Story Mean?
The viewers on top of your Instagram story are those who have recently viewed your story. The top viewers can be anyone. It can be someone who has watched your story previously but has watched it again or the user who has watched your story for the first time.
Instagram story viewers get counted, but only once for a single user. It will be counted as one no matter how many times they have watched your story. People on top of the viewer’s list is the person who has recently watched your Insta story or is watching your story and this is what top viewers on IG story mean.
Why is Instagram Not Showing Me Who Viewed My Story? Why can’t I see who’s viewed my story?
Here are some reasons why can’t I see who viewed my Story on Insta:
- It is some kind of bug in the Instagram story where not all but some users cannot see their stories.
- It might happen that you are not using the updated version of the Instagram app.
- It can also be due to a bug or a glitch in the application.
- It might also happen that your device is not updated, causing the views to appear.
- It might happen due to poor network connectivity on the device.
- It might happen that until now, nobody has viewed your story. Check after a few hours.
How Can You See Who Has Viewed Your Instagram Stories?
To know who viewed my Instagram story, follow these steps:
1. Launch the Instagram app on your device.
2. From the home tab, tap on Your story > Activity.
3. Under the Viewers tab, you can see the users who have viewed your story.
By following the steps above, you can know who viewed my IG story.
Also Read: How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Story
No Viewers on Instagram Story? How to Fix?
Here are some methods to fix Instagram story views not showing:
Method 1: Clear App Data and Cache
If your IG app has accumulated the corrupted cache and data on your phone, you can face the no viewers on Insta error. Read and follow our guide on How to Clear Cache on Android Phone for the Instagram app and implement the same.
After successfully clearing the data and cache, open the Instagram app and log in to your account with your login credentials. Navigate to Your Story > Activity to see your viewers’ count and the viewers’ list below it.
Method 2: Contact Instagram Customer Support
To contact Instagram customer support, you can compose a new email, write in your query and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also dial 650-543-4800 from your landline or a phone to talk to Instagram customer support and solve your query. These were the two methods to fix the issue of Instagram story views not showing.
- Is Detroit: Become Human Available on Xbox?
- How to Know If Someone Read Your Message on Instagram
- How to Know If Someone Restricted You on Instagram Story
- Fix Instagram Story Not Working Error
We hope that this article has helped you in knowing why Instagram story views not showing. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.