The iCloud Private Relay on your iPhone is a useful feature that protects your online privacy by hiding your IP address and what you do online. It ensures that nobody can track your online activities. However, if it’s not working properly, it can be worrisome. Fortunately, this article will guide you on how to fix the issue of iCloud Private Relay not working and get it functioning correctly again.
How to Fix iCloud Private Relay Not Working
The iCloud Private Relay is a helpful tool that protects your privacy when you’re online, which is really important these days. It keeps you safe from being taken advantage of online. However, sometimes it doesn’t work correctly. If you’ve been having trouble with it, the troubleshooting fixes given in the guide below will help you out. Let us begin.
To get iCloud Private Relay functioning again, re-enable it using these steps:
1. In the Settings app, tap on your Apple ID at the top.
2. Following that, tap on the iCloud.
3. First, toggle off the Private Relay option.
4. Then, toggle on the slider for Private Relay.
Method 1: Restart Device
The simplest way to fix the said issue on iPhone is to restart your device. This will help you get rid of existing software glitches, boost performance, and fix temporary issues that might be causing the problem.
1. Press the volume button and side button on your iPhone.
2. Drag the slider from left to right.
Also Read: How to Enable iCloud Private Relay
Method 2: Toggle Wi-Fi Off and On
There are times when iCloud Private Relay stops functioning because of connectivity issues. In such a situation, disable Wi-Fi and then enable it again. To do so, adhere to the steps given below:
1. Navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone, then tap on the Wi-Fi option.
2. Then, toggle off the Wi-Fi slider.
3. Wait for a few seconds, and after that toggle on the Wi-Fi slider again.
Method 3: Re-Enable iCloud Private Relay
Sometimes, a software glitch can also lead to iCloud Private Relay slow issue. So, by re-enabling it on your device, you can give it a fresh start. For this, read the following steps:
1. Launch the Settings app, then tap on your name located at the top of the screen.
2. Following that, tap on iCloud.
3. Toggle off the Private Relay option.
4. Wait a few seconds, and after that toggle on the iCloud Private Relay slider.
Method 4: Turn on Limit IP Address Tracking
Enabling the Limit IP Address Tracking option located in the cellular settings on your iPhone can also resolve the issue. By doing so, you can determine how much websites can track you on the internet. Follow the steps mentioned below to do so:
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on Mobile Data.
2. Next, tap on Mobile Data Options.
3. After that, toggle on the Limit IP Address Tracking slider.
Also Read: What Happens When I Delete iCloud Backup?
Method 5: Update iPhone
To fix iCloud Private Relay not working issue, try to update your iPhone as it fixes certain bugs. Besides that, the new software update comes with security updates and new features.
1. First, open the Settings app and then tap on the General option.
2. Consequently, tap on the Software Update option.
3. Hereafter, tap on the Download and install option.
Method 6: Reset Network Settings
If the above methods did not work for you, then try resetting network settings on your device and fixing iCloud Private Relay slow issue. When you reset network settings on your iPhone then the information like the Wi-Fi passwords and names and cellular settings gets erased from your device. To gain an understanding of how to reset network settings on your device, abide by the following steps:
1. Launch General Settings on your iPhone.
2. Then, tap on the Transfer or Reset iPhone option.
3. Next, tap on the Reset and then on the Reset Network Settings option.
Method 7: Contact Apple Support
If nothing else helped you in resolving the said issue on your iPhone, then you can contact Apple support to resolve this issue. Apple provides customer support online, through the mail, in person, and over the phone. If you wish to visit the Apple Store, then you need to schedule an appointment first.
How Do I Know If My Private Relay Is Working?
Are you still unsure about how do I know if my Private Relay is working? Well, here are a few signs to look for:
- If the Private Relay feature stops working on iPhone, then the device will send you a notification about the same.
- You can use websites like WhatIsMyIp to see if there is any change in the IP address after you disable or enable the Private Relay feature on your device.
This wraps our article on how to fix iCloud Private Relay not working issue. Let us know which method worked for you in resolving the problem. You can reach out to us with your suggestions and queries via the comments section below.