This has probably happened because either you disobeyed Instagram Terms of Service, or you exhausted your daily action limit. It can also be a misjudgment of Instagram bots. Whatever the reason may be, through this guide, we will help you understand this issue. Continue reading below to know more about Instagram blocking actions, the different types of Instagram blocks, and how to fix I can’t like photos on the Instagram problem.
Fix I can’t Like Photos on Instagram
Before proceeding with the solutions to fix this issue, let us first understand the different types of Blocks on Instagram and why they may occur.
What are the Different Types of Instagram Blocks?
Instagram blocking actions differ based on the duration of the block that is imposed on your account. Here are the different types of blocking actions that you can receive from Instagram:
1.Temporary block: The most common Instagram blocking action that you may receive is the temporary block. This block lasts only for 24 hours. There is a chance of getting a temporary block if you violate the Terms of Service of the Instagram app.
2. Action block with an expiration date: When you receive an action block of this type, you also receive information about how long the block will last. This blocking action can last anywhere from 1 day to 30 days.
3. Action block without expiration date: If you receive an Instagram blocking action without an expiration date, it means that it can last anywhere between many hours to several weeks. This action block message does not come with a Tell Us button. So, if you haven’t violated any terms, you can contact Instagram Help Centre to resolve the issue. This will be covered later on in this article.
4. Permanent block: If multiple temporary blocks were enforced on your account, or if multiple terms of Instagram use were violated repeatedly, you will receive a permanent block. You can also get a permanent block if Instagram users reported your profile for violation of the Community Guidelines. Instagram would warn you of your account being deleted with this prompt:
This type of block cannot be removed, and your account will be disabled forever.
Why did you receive an Instagram Blocking action?
Being aware of the reasons why you received a block from Instagram can help you to prevent it from happening again. It will help you fix Instagram blocking actions as well.
1. Exceeding the daily/hourly action limits: There are daily and hourly limits that are set on actions performed by every user on Instagram. This means that you can utilize a limited number of Like, Comment, Share, Follow and Unfollow actions on an hourly/daily basis. Although the exact limit of these actions has not been revealed, it seems to depend on the age and activity level of your account. Exceeding this limit may lead to blocks.
2. Young/Recent account: If you have recently set up your Instagram account, or if your account is just 2 to 4 weeks old, the number of actions you are allowed is lesser compared to older users. As your account ages, the app gradually increases the number of actions that you can perform. When you suddenly increase the number of actions to more than what is allowed on your account, it is detected as suspicious activity by Instagram bots. Therefore, you need to be careful to avoid blocking actions.
3. Violation of Instagram rules: The more Instagram guidelines you break, the more daily action limits will be imposed on your account. If you post sexual content, hate speech, fake news, or violate Instagram copyright policy, then your account will be flagged & blocked. Also, keep in mind, when you violate Instagram rules from one account, it will also affect all other Instagram accounts that use the same IP address.
4. Inactive on Instagram: If you rarely use your account, then the daily action limits on your account are reduced. You need to remain active on Instagram to ensure that your action limits are retained.
5. Too active on Instagram: Posting several times a day, every day of the week, is considered to be spam by Insta users as well as by Insta bots. This might cause the app to impose action blocks on your account.
6. Misuse of Automation Tools: If you use an Instagram automation tool to perform the same type of actions all the time, your account will be flagged. For example, While using an Instagram growth tool only for liking other people’s posts, the trick is to appear human. Remember to mix the actions that you perform, do different tasks, and use different time windows with your automation tool.
7. Spamming Comment Sections or DMs: Promoting your Insta page by spamming on other people’s posts and/or in their direct messages will not help you. Either Instagram will detect the spamming activity on its own, or a user will report your account for spam. Either way, you can receive an action block this way. So, you should refrain from creating troubles for yourself & inconvenience for others.
8. Performing Heavy actions: Some actions are heavier than others. For example, using Instagram to only Comment on Posts is thought to be a heavy action. This will reduce the limit of the number of actions you can perform. Likes are considered lighter actions as compared to comments. Again, mix-and-match is the way to go.
Also Read: How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Post
We shall now share some tips that will help fix I can’t like photos on Instagram error and other action blocks imposed on your account for the reasons mentioned above.
Note: Since smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any.
Method 1: Reinstall Instagram
This method is most useful if you have received a temporary Instagram blocking action. The reinstallation process will remove cookies and other data saved by Instagram, which will help fix an action block. Here are the steps to do so:
1. In the app-drawer of your phone, long-press the Instagram app.
2. Tap on Uninstall from the options that pop-up to delete the app, as shown.
3. Once Instagram has been uninstalled, go to the Play Store and reinstall the app on your phone.
4. Log in to your Instagram account and resume normal use as the Temporary Block must be gone by now.
Method 2: Report the Problem to Instagram
Option 1: Temporary Block
When you get a temporary action block, it comes with the Tell us and Ignore buttons.
1. To report the problem, just tap on the Tell us button highlighted below.
2. The Instagram support team will guide you from there and the issue should be resolved.
Option 2: Other Action Blocks
Other Instagram action block messages do not have a tell us button. They only have an OK button.
If that is the case, follow the steps below to report the problem to Instagram.
1. Open Instagram, then tap on your profile icon in the bottom-right corner.
2. Next, tap on the three dots in the top left corner and then tap Settings.
3. Go to Help, and then press Report a problem.
4. On the next screen, choose the sub-category Report a Problem, as shown.
5. In the Report a problem text field, mention that you did not do anything wrong and that you have been blocked for a reason you do not understand.
Also Read: How to Fix Action Blocked on Instagram Error
Option 3: Disabled Account
If your account has been disabled or about to be deleted, then you will not be able to log into your profile. In this case, you can appeal from the log-in page.
1. Press Download Data if you want Instagram to email you a link with all your profile information, including photos, comments, and more.
2. Press Request Review if you feel you can get your account back because you believe that Instagram has mistakenly imposed an action block on your account. On the Review page, fill in details of why you think Instagram made a mistake by disabling your account.
3. Instagram will take up to 24 hours to go over your review and take a decision.
Method 3: Switch Between Wi-Fi & Mobile Data
Instagram may be blocking your account if there is an issue with your IP address. To fix such issues, you can use mobile data in place of Wi-Fi network or vice-versa. Simply, do the following:
1. Log out of your Instagram account.
2. Turn the toggle OFF for Wi-Fi connection in device settings.
3. Turn on your mobile data.
Log in to Instagram to verify if the action block is removed.
Method 4: Stop Liking Posts Continuously
You need to stop liking or sharing posts continuously. Remain patient to protect your account. Reduce the speed of your liking/commenting streak to gain trust from the system.
Method 5: Use another Device
You can try using another phone, or a tablet or a PC to log into Instagram. Check if this helps fix I can’t like photos on Instagram problem.
Method 6: Wait for 2-4 days
If all of the above methods did not work, you would have to wait for up to 48 hours to fix Instagram blocking actions. During this time,
1. Make sure you stop using Instagram.
2. Stop using automation tools with Instagram.
If you want to permanently fix I can’t like photos on Instagram issue, then it is suggested that you do not use any third-party apps with Instagram at all.
Method 7: Leave Gaps between Actions
If you got an action block that is preventing you from liking photos, then all you can do is take these simple precautions to keep your account safe from further blocking by Instagram.
1. Once the block has expired, use the Like action carefully.
2. Wait for 10 to 15 seconds before you like another post.
3. Switch between different actions. Do not repeat the same action continuously.
4. Regain the trust of the security system by gradually increasing your actions and mixing them up with other actions. Like mentioned before, try to act like a human and not like a spam bot.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Why won’t Instagram let me like any photos?
Instagram has put an action block on your account. There are different types of blocks that can be put on your account. The most common reason why this has happened is that you exceeded the hourly or daily action limit. Try not to continuously comment on posts, and reduce the number of times you like someone’s post so that Instagram does not think that you are a bot.
2. Why is Instagram Blocking My Actions?
Instagram might be blocking your actions for various reasons, such as:
- If you are using a third-party app or automation tool to follow or unfollow accounts on a mass scale, this could lead to Instagram blocking actions.
- If you have posted multiple times a day, every day, or you have spammed somebody’s comment section with multiple comments, you could be subjected to an action block.
- A user could have reported you for a spam-like activity or, Instagram detects suspicious activity on your account.
3. Why is Instagram blocking me from liking photos?
Instagram is blocking you from liking photos because you have exceeded the hourly or daily action limit of your account. Try to reduce your liking streak, or stop using the app for up to 48 hours to get back access to liking photos.
- How to Check Instagram Messages on your PC
- How to fix Twitter Notifications Not Working
- Why does Android Randomly Restart?
- How to create a Gmail Account without Phone Number Verification
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to fix I can’t Like photos on Instagram issue. Let us know which method worked for you. If you have any queries/comments regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.