Samsung phones are famous all over the market, and well-known for their exceptional customer service support. Nowadays, most phones come with an inbuilt battery that is locked in. So, if there is a fault in your battery then, you cannot replace it by yourself. Samsung Galaxy S6 charging issue may be caused due to a firmware glitch or a damaged charging port. If you are encountering Galaxy S6 won’t charge problem, this article will help you with some basic troubleshooting tips. So, continue reading!
Table of Contents
- How to Fix Galaxy S6 Won’t Charge
- How to Prevent Galaxy S6 Charging Issue
- Pro Tip: Always Use Appropriate Charger
- Method 1: Use Different Wall Socket
- Method 2: Use PC USB Port to Charge
- Method 3: Perform Wireless Charging
- Method 4: Clean Charging Port and Cable
- Method 5: Perform Software Update
- Method 6: Visit Authorized Service Center
How to Fix Galaxy S6 Won’t Charge
Some common reasons that may cause this issue are:
- faulty charger
- broken cable
- bulged battery
- dirt accumulation in the USB port
Regardless of the reason, this article gives you a perfect troubleshooting guide to fix Galaxy S6 won’t charge problem.
How to Prevent Galaxy S6 Charging Issue
If you are charging your device after it is completely drained out then, this way of charging may lead to battery issues. This could be one of the primary reasons that your Galaxy S6 not charging. Make sure to follow the given pointers to prevent Galaxy S6 won’t charge issue.
- Firstly, you should not charge your phone in a place near water, or in a hot or humid environment.
- Also, do not charge your phone for a long time. Charging your device overnight or for long hours may cause overheating issues. Two to three hours of charging is more than enough. You must unplug the charger after charging is done.
- You should start charging your Samsung S6 if the battery becomes less than 30 percent.
- If your battery is drained out, then charge for at least half an hour before turning it back on.
- In addition, you are not recommended to use your mobile phones while charging, which may lead to poor performance of the device. Also, your device lifespan will be fairly reduced.
Pro Tip: Always Use Appropriate Charger
Always use a charger and adapter that comes with Samsung Galaxy S6. If you are using a cheap charger or charger from a different manufacturer then, this may lead to poor battery performance as days pass by.
- Voltage output may differ according to the charger, and they may not always work with Samsung S6.
- Your device will take a longer amount of time to charge.
- Moreover, battery backup will be poor.
So, you must use a branded charger that is recommended for your device. You can use Samsung fast charger to charge your device faster.
Note: Charging your phones with a USB port on the PC does not give you adequate power. A wall socket will deliver twice the power of a USB port, and a fast charger provides power better power than the PC or the normal charger.
Now, follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting solutions to fix Galaxy S6 charging issue.
Method 1: Use Different Wall Socket
Use a different wall socket to plug in the charger and check if you can charge your Samsung Galaxy S6 device.
- Plug a different device into the susceptible socket and check if it charges. If both devices fail to charge, then you have to replace your wall socket.
- On the other hand, if Galaxy S6 won’t charge even after trying all the sockets in your home, then replace device, adapter, or cable.
Also Read: How to Fix Slow Charging on Android
Method 2: Use PC USB Port to Charge
Although charging Samsung S6 on PC is a slow process, this may help you when you have adapter problems or the battery is drained out. Connect your phone to your PC through a USB cable and check if it charges now.
- Additionally, you can transfer files or other media to your system when you connect the phone with your PC.
- You can also download Samsung Galaxy S6 USB drivers to ensure uninterrupted integration with your device.
Method 3: Perform Wireless Charging
If you continuously face Galaxy S6 won’t charge issue while charging with a USB charger, you can try wireless charging, if possible. Wireless charging enables quicker charging, and thus, you will not face any issues during Samsung S6 charging. Follow the given steps to perform wireless charging in Galaxy S6:
1. Connect your charging adapter to a Wireless Charging pad.
2. Then, place Galaxy S6 in the middle of the charging pad.
3. You will receive the message stating Charging wirelessly in your device, as shown.
Also Read: How does Wireless Charging work on Samsung Galaxy S8/Note 8?
Method 4: Clean Charging Port and Cable
Your USB port may be choked with dust and debris, leading to Galaxy S6 not charging issue. Hence,
- You need to check the USB port of your charger and make sure it is clean and dust-free. However, you must be careful not to damage the port while cleaning.
- Also, if the USB cable is faulty, then replace it with a new one.
Method 5: Perform Software Update
Sometimes, an outdated operating system will have an impact on the battery life of your phone. Thus, update the Operating System of the Samsung Galaxy S6 as instructed below:
1. Open Settings on your device.
2. Swipe down to Software update settings and tap on it.
3. Then, tap on Download and install.
4. Your device will start Checking for updates… as shown.
5A. If your phone is up to date, you will receive the message stating: Your software is up to date.
5B. If you find any updates pending in the list, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the updates.
Also Read: How to Reset Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Method 6: Visit Authorized Service Center
If none of the above methods could fix Galaxy S6 not charging issue, then you should visit Samsung Service Center to get your device repaired or replaced. If your device is under warranty period, then you can claim the warranty of your device.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why is my Samsung phone not charging when plugged in?
Ans. If you have a worn-out cable or an internal software problem, you cannot charge your Samsung phone when plugged in. Sometimes, a faulty charger, broken cable, dirt accumulation in the USB port often lead to this issue.
Q2. How do I clean my Samsung charger port?
Ans. Ensure your device is completely turned off and use any compressed air or bulb syringe to blow out dust from the charging port. Make sure you hold the port upright to prevent water from getting inside.
Q3. Can the charger port on the phone be fixed?
Ans. A broken charger port is useless, and it has to be repaired as soon as possible. They can be easily repaired or replaced.
Q4. How do I Fix my Samsung Phone When it doesn’t Charge?
Ans. The first troubleshooting step is to ensure your charger and USB cables are in proper working condition. You can update the software or hold the phone in different angles and check if it charges. Finally, go for a wireless charging procedure if nothing helps you.
- Top 15 Best Free IPTV Players
- What is Amazon Background Check Policy?
- Best IP Address Hider App for Android
- Best 9 Funny Photo Effects Apps
We hope that this guide was helpful and you could fix Galaxy S6 won’t charge issue. Let us know which method worked for you the best. Drop queries and suggestions regarding this article in the comments section below.