Avast antivirus is used by users around the world because of the solid protection that it provides against all types of malware. Unfortunately, there are reports of can’t open avast user interface.
Fortunately, we have put together methods by which you can fix this issue. Read on to know why Avast UI failed to load and what you can do to fix it.
Why you can’t open Avast User Interface?
Here are the most common reasons why Avast won’t open issue occurs on Windows 10:
1. Corrupt Installation: While installing Avast, the installation files or the procedure could have gone corrupt due to varied reasons. However, you can fix this problem by doing a clean install or repairing the Avast software.
2. Corrupt Avast Services: The avast services may not be running correctly on your system. You will need to check with the Services app to fix this issue as explained later in the article.
How to Fix Avast not Opening on Windows
Not that the reasons behind the problem are a little clearer, let us move on to the methods by which we can fix the problem.
Method 1: Use Avast Repair Wizard
Follow the steps in the method to fix any errors that might have arose during Avast installation. You will have to use the repair wizard to repair avast as instructed below:
1. In the Windows search bar, type add or remove programs.
2. Launch Add or remove programs from the search result by clicking on it.
3. In the search this list search bar, type avast.
4. Next, click on the Avast application and then click on Modify as shown.
5. The Avast Uninstall Wizard will open. Here, click on Repair.
6. The Avast uninstall wizard will open. Here, click on Repair then click on Next and follow the on-instructions.
7. Avast will restart with default settings applied to it. Finally, click on Finish.
Now, restart your computer and then, try to open Avast. Check if you’re able to fix can’t open Avast user interface error. If yes, then move to the next method to restart the Avast service.
Method 2: Use Services App to Restart Avast
There may be an error in the Avast service that is not allowing the user interface to open correctly. Follow the steps written below to restart Avast service:
1. Search for Run in the windows search bar.
2. Then, click on Run in the search result to open the Run dialogue.
3. Next, type services.msc into the text filed and then, click on OK.
4. Now, in the Services window, right-click on Avast Antivirus and then select Properties from the drop-down menu. Refer to the image below for an example.
5. Next, select Automatic from the Startup type drop-down.
6. Now, click on the Start button under Service status (if the service has stopped).
7. Confirm any User Account Control dialogue boxes that may appear.
8. Lastly, click on Apply then, OK.
You should be able to use Avast just as you wanted to, without any errors.
How to fix Error 1079
If you Received Error 1079 by pressing the Start button in the above method, follow the steps below to resolve it:
1. Open the Properties window of Avast Antivirus service by following steps 1 to 4 written above.
2. Next, in the Properties window, click on Log On tab.
3. Click on the Browse button, as shown below.
4. Now, enter your account name in the text field under ‘Enter the object name to select’. Then, click on Check Names.
5. If your username is correct, click on OK as shown below. If your username is incorrect, it will show you an error.
6. If you are prompted, enter a password, and then, click on OK.
Now go back to the Avast Antivirus service Properties window and click on the Start button.
After you have completed the above steps, open Avast and see if the Avast UI failed to load issue persists. If you are still facing the issue, then perform a clean install of Avast in the next method.
Method 3: Clean Install Avast using Safe Mode
Performing a clean install will properly uninstall the faulty avast application including the cache files and the corrupt registry entries. This is the last resort method that will surely fix Avast not opening on Windows error:
1. First, make sure the latest avast downloaded software is on your computer.
2. Click here to visit the official website then, click on Download Free Protection.
3. Next, download and install Avast Uninstall Utility.
4. Click here, and then, click on Download avastclear.exe to get the Avast Uninstall Utility, as shown below.
5. Now you have to boot Windows in Safe Mode:
a) To do so, search for system configuration in the Windows search bar.
b) Then, click on System Configuration to launch it.
c) Now, click on the Boot tab in the window that opens.
d) Next, select Safe boot under Boot options and then, click on OK, as shown below. Restart the computer and the system will boot into Safe Mode.
6. Once Windows 10 is open in Safe Mode, click on the downloaded Avast Uninstall Utility you previously downloaded.
7. In the uninstall utility window, make sure that the correct folder that contains the corrupt Avast program is selected.
8. Now, click on Uninstall.
9. Next, restart your computer in normal mode and then, install the Avast program that you downloaded in the first step.
Now when you launch the Avast program, the user interface will open correctly.
- How to Fix Avast Web Shield Won’t Turn on
- How to Remove Avast from Windows 10
- Fix Windows 10 Won’t Boot From USB
- Enable or Disable Administrator Account in Windows 10
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to fix Avast not Opening on Windows issue. Let us know which method worked best for you. If you have any queries or suggestions regarding this article, feel free to drop them in the comments section.