AirPods are convenient to use, and their sound quality leaves behind all the other audio devices. It has various models like AirPods 2nd generation, AirPods 3rd generation, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max. Apple has upgraded the features of AirPods with every model. For instance, AirPods Max has 20 hours of listening time with a single charge, personalized spatial audio with dynamic head tracking, and more. And AirPods Pro and AirPods 3nd generation are sweat and water-resistant. Besides all these features, some users have come across AirPods connected to Mac but no sound and AirPods connected but sound coming from Mac issues. If you have come across this issue, don’t worry. In this article, we will discuss how to fix one AirPods not working on Mac issue comprehensively.
Table of Contents
How to Fix AirPods Connected to Mac but No Sound
Read this article till the end to learn the steps demonstrating how to fix AirPods connected to Mac but no sound in a detailed manner using the pictures for better understanding.
What Causes Airpods Connected to Mac but No Sound?
AirPods have a fantastic design with features like noise cancellation, adaptive transparency, and more. Besides that, they also pair very easily with devices like iPhones, Macs, and others. AirPods lets you do a number of things for instance listen to your favorite songs, make phone calls, and more. Despite its various amazing features people have come across the issue that no sound is coming from AirPods when connected to a mac. Now, let’s talk about the causes of AirPods connected to mac but no sound or AirPods connected but sound coming from mac issue.
- This problem can also be caused by a bug, thus, try updating your device.
- There might be dirt or earwax in your AirPods which might be causing sound issues.
- You might face this problem if automatic ear detection is turned on.
- Sometimes sensors of your AirPods fail to detect in-ear placement, causing the AirPods Pro connected but no sound issue.
How to Fix Airpods Connected to Mac but No Sound?
To fix AirPods connected to mac but no sound or AirPods connected but sound coming from mac issue read the methods given by us below.
Method 1: Restart Mac
To restart your mac, follow the steps given below:
1. First, click on the Apple Menu icon on your Mac.
2. Then, click on the Restart… option.
Method 2: Restart AirPods
Restarting your AirPods should be the first step you take to fix the discussed issue.
1. Put your both AirPods into the AirPods case and close the lid. The AirPods will get turned off.
2. Then, after some time, open the lid again and take the AirPods out to turn them back on.
3. Reconnect the AirPods to your Bluetooth device.
Method 3: Replug AirPods into Ear
Sometimes the sensors of your AirPods fail to detect in-ear placement, causing your Airpods to not produce audio. And you might face AirPods Pro connected but no sound issue because of this. So, remove the AirPods from your ears and then put them back.
Method 4: Charge AirPods
Ensure that your AirPods are charged before you start using them because if they are not charged, you might face AirPods connected to Mac but no sound issue. Click on the Bluetooth icon from the top menu bar and hover your cursor on the connected AirPods to check the battery status for both the right and left AirPod.
If you find that your AirPods are not charged:
1. Put AirPods into the AirPods case.
2. After that, close the lid.
3. Plug the lightning connector into the bottom of the AirPods case.
4. Plug the USB connector into the USB charger.
5. Now, place your AirPods in the charging case.
6. Then, open the lid of the AirPod case and hold it near your Mac and connect both devices to each other.
Also Read: How to Fix All Contact Names Disappeared on iPhone
Method 5: Clean AirPods and Charging Ports
You can also face AirPods connected but sound coming from Mac issues if there is dirt, earwax, or grim in your AirPod. So, make sure to clean the AirPods, charging port, and charging case. Using a q-tip, a moist cleaning wipe, or a cotton bud, gently wipe your AirPods.
Note: While cleaning them, ensure you do not use water because this might damage or ruin them. But if you want to use a liquid to clean your Airpods, you can use a small amount of alcohol because this is quick-drying. Make sure you do not use it in larger quantities; otherwise, it can damage the internal parts of your AirPods.
Method 6: Turn Bluetooth Off and On
You can also try to restart Bluetooth to see if the issue gets fixed or not.
1. First, navigate to System Preferences on your Mac.
2. Next, select the Bluetooth icon from the menu.
3. Then, turn off the toggle for the Bluetooth option and turn it back on after a while.
Method 7: Reconnect AirPods to Mac
If you want to opt for this method, you can try the steps given below.
1. Open System Preferences on your Mac.
2. Then, click on the Bluetooth option.
3. Under Devices, right-click on your AirPods and click on Remove.
4. Connect the AirPods again with your Mac.
Also Read: How to Make AirPods Louder
Method 8: Disable Automatic Ear Detection
To disable automatic ear detection, abide by the following steps.
1. First, go to System Preferences.
2. Then, choose the Bluetooth option.
3. Click on Options next to your AirPods from the Devices menu.
4. Finally, uncheck the Automatic Ear Detection and click on the Done option.
Method 9: Set AirPods as Output Device
Choosing AirPods as audio output device can help resolve the issue. Thus, follow the given steps.
1. Open System Preferences on your Mac and click on the Sound option.
2. Next, under the Output tab, select your AirPods for sound output.
Also Read: How to Fix AirPods Won’t Reset Issue
Method 10: Adjust Volume Balance of AirPods
If you want to learn how to adjust volume balance, read the given steps and try them out on your device.
1. Launch System Preferences on your Mac.
2. Then, click on the Sound option.
3. Switch to the Output tab.
4. Adjust the slider for the Balance option to the middle of the bar to receive equal volume on both AirPods.
Note: Besides adjusting the volume for your AirPods, also make sure that the output volume is not too low or muted.
Method 11: Update macOS
By updating your macOS to the latest version, you can get rid of all the bugs that might be causing this issue. Try the given steps to update your mac.
1. Open System Preferences on your Mac device.
2. Next, click on Software Update > Upgrade Now.
Method 12: Reset Mac Bluetooth
You can fix no sound is coming from AirPods when connected to a Mac by opting for this method. Follow this method by following the given steps.
1. Press and hold the Shift + Option keys on your keyboard and click the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar on top of the screen.
2. Then, click on the Reset the Bluetooth module option.
3. Then, confirm your action by selecting the OK option.
Also Read: Fix AirPods Not Charging Issue
Method 13: Reset AirPods
Try to reset AirPods on your Mac to resolve the issue you can face. To reset AirPods on Mac, follow the given steps.
1. Choose System Preferences >Bluetooth.
2. From the Devices tab, right-click on your AirPods and click on the Remove option.
3. Then, click on Remove from the popup.
4. Place your AirPods in the charging case and keep the lid open.
5. Press-hold the setup button located on the backside of your case till the time status light continuously blinks amber and then white.
6. Finally, connect your AirPods again with your device by going to System Preferences > Bluetooth and selecting the Connect option.
- How to Search Multiple Hashtags on Instagram
- How to Tell How Long You have Your iPhone
- 10 Ways to Fix Powerbeats Pro Not Charging
- Fix AirPods Only Playing in One Ear
We hope after reading our article, you were able to fix AirPods connected to Mac but no sound issue. Even though AirPods have amazing quality but to maintain that quality, make sure that you use them judiciously. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.