Shouldn’t cyberspace be called a curious space instead? We mean, while Snapchat users are scattered across the globe, are you trying to catch hold of someone who keeps sneaking away and hiding their location on Snap map? Well, IP addresses can offer insights into it. But the big question that arises is – How to find someone’s Snapchat IP address? We’ll discuss about it in today’s article. Let’s dive straight into it.
How to Find Someone’s Snapchat IP Address – Is there a Location Tracker?
Now there could be multiple reasons why you want to track someone, usually personal though. Snapchat offers a feature for users called Snap Map to check the real-time location of their friends on the platform in the form of BitMojis. However, their location will only be visible if they’ve been active on the platform in the past 24 hours. On top of it, in order to ensure that people feel comfortable using it, there is a privacy-centric option to limit the visibility to selected users to enable Ghost Mode for all.
So, can you find someone’s IP address to know their location? Read more to find out. But before that, it is important to respect someone’s privacy. So make sure to not cross the boundaries.
Method 1: Use Snapchat IP Address Finder
Several third-party websites and apps such as Istauch, FamiGuard, ClevGuard, IPLocate.social, and many more claim to offer Snapchat IP address finder tools. Do note that these tools may not be always accurate, however, they can potentially help you majorly. Follow the steps below:
Note: For demonstration purposes, we have performed the following steps on IPLocate.social.
1. Visit the iplocate website on any website.
2. In the Snapchat IP Lookup Tool text field, enter the username of the person you wish to search for. Click on the Search icon.
3. Click on START in the confirmation pop-up.
4. Click on UNLOCK ALL DETAILS.
5. Wait until the tool locates the profile and once done, click on USER VERIFICATION to verify that you are a human.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions and once the verification process is successful, you can see the IP address of the person.
Method 2: Use IP Logger
You can also use an IP logger to find out someone’s Snapchat IP address. An IP logger is a web service that helps users track and log the IP address of someone who visits a particular website or clicks on a specific link.
1. Open Snapchat and copy the link of the user’s profile whose IP address you want to track.
2. Visit the IP Logger website, paste the URL in the text field, and click on Create a shortlink.
3. Tick the checkbox to agree to terms & conditions and click on Confirm.
4. Click on Copy next to It’s your logger link.
5. Send it to the individual whose IP address you want to track.
6. Once they visit the link, scroll down on the IP logger webpage and you’ll be able to see their details in the Visitors tab.
Method 3: Use the Command Prompt
Command Prompt can also help you track someone’s IP address of Snapchat users. However, you need a PC for this and use the Snapchat web version. Follow the steps below:
1. Visit Snapchat web on any web browser and click on Log In to chat.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to successfully log in to your account.
3. Start a chat with the person whose IP address you want.
4. Open the Task Manager, right-click on a background task, and select End Task from the context menu.
5. Repeat the steps and clear out all the background processes and applications, except the Snapchat chat window.
6. Once done, press the Win + R keys on the keyboard to launch the Run dialog box.
7. Type cmd in the text field and press Enter.
8. In the Command Prompt terminal, type nestat –an and press Enter. You will be able to see the IP Address.
9. Visit the WhatIsMyIPAddress.com website, enter the IP address in the text field, and click on Search.
You will be able to see the current location of the user and their Snapchat can be traced.
Method 4: Use Snap Map
Snap Map on Snapchat shows the shared location of your friends on the platform in the form of Bitmojis. However, their location will only appear if they have been active on the platform within the last 24 hours. Now, you cannot get the IP address using it but at least you can see their last location and when were they last active on Snapchat.
Note: This method only works if the person you’re looking for has their Snap location turned on.
1. Open Snapchat and tap the GPS (location) icon at the bottom left corner.
2. Pinch to zoom out the Snap map and you can see the Bitmojis of your friends on the map in their current locations.
3. Tap on the Search icon at the top left corner, enter the username of the friend whose location you want to see, and tap the GPS icon next to their name.
Method 3: Use Public Record Search Service
If you do not require an IP address exactly but only the location of the user, you can use an online public record search service such as BeenVerified. However, such tools can only help you find out the address present of public records and databases, but not the exact current location.
There are many free BeenVerified alternatives as well that can act as Snapchat location tracker and help you find out the contact details and address of someone.
Is it Illegal to Access Someone’s IP Address without Consent?
No, not exactly. Getting hold of someone’s IP address without their consent is generally not illegal as it is publicly visible information when connecting to websites or online services. However, its legality depends on what you do with that info.
Websites, online platforms, and servers routinely log IP addresses as a part of the SOPs for security, analytics, and other legal purposes. Misuse of someone’s IP address for activities such as cyberattacks, cyberstalking, online harassment, breaking into their system to conduct unauthorized surveillance, or threatening can be illegal and may result in criminal charges. Moreover, distribution of someone’s IP address without consent is also illegal, unless the user has agreed to a disclaimer or Terms of Service.
Can My IP Address Be Detected From My Messages on Snapchat?
Snapchat may collect and log your IP address from the background when you send a message on the platform for security reasons. However, it cannot be directly detected by other users from the messages. Snapchat does not display the IP address of the sender or recipient in the app’s user interface.
How to Prevent IP Tracking on Snapchat
To ensure your account remains secure, you can follow some of the methods below.
Method 1: Use a VPN
Using a VPN helps keep your account secure and private.
VPNs can help you anonymize your IP address while using Snapchat. When you connect the device to a VPN server. it routes the internet traffic before it reaches the destination server. As a result, the IP address that the website or online service sees is that of the VPN server and not your own. Hence, your IP address and location would be masked and cannot be tracked easily. Refer to our guide on Top 10 Best Free Unlimited VPN for Android for our top recommendations.
Note: This method was performed on VPN – Proxy Unlimited Shield.
1. Install the VPN service on your phone and open it.
2. Aceept all the Terms and Conditions and Continue to the main page.
3. Tap the Power icon on the screen to turn on the VPN and select Allow to confirm.
5. Once agreed, the VPN will be enabled and the device will be connected to its server.
Method 2: Enable Ghost Mode on Snapchat
Snapchat provides a privacy-centric feature called Ghost Mode that prevents your friends from seeing your location on the Snap Map. Follow the steps to enable it:
1. Open Snapchat and tap your Bitmoji at the top-left corner, followed by the gear (Settings) icon.
2. Scroll down to Privacy Controls and tap on See My Location.
4. Slide the toggle next to Ghost Mode to enable it and choose the duration for which you want it to be enabled.
Until Ghost Mode is enabled, no one will be able to see your location, even if you’re active on the platform.
Method 3: Disable Location Services
Like all apps, Snapchat also takes permission to use the GPS on your device and access your location. If you do not want your location or IP address to be tracked, it’s better to restrict this permission. Follow the steps below:
1. Open Settings, scroll down to Snapchat and tap on it.
2. Tap on Location and select Never to disable location services.
Also Read: How to Catch Someone Cheating on Snapchat
Method 4: Avoid Using Third-Party Apps
Users often use third-party apps that claim to improve their reach on the platform. However, such unauthorized apps pose high-security risks. If you are using any such app that has access to your profile, we suggest you uninstall it as it can lead to the suspension or ban of your Snapchat profile and IP address.
That is it for the blog! We hope our guide helped you find someone’s Snapchat IP address. If you have any queries or suggestions for us, do let us know in the comments box below. Stay tuned to TechCult for more such tips and tricks.