With advanced technology, social media apps made it easier to virtually meet people anytime and anywhere. It becomes way easier than, meeting people in real life. What if say, we have brought you an easy way that you help meet your dear ones conveniently? What if the people you want to meet could come halfway to see you? Well, that becomes so easy when you can have a meeting point between two places. This article is going to be all about finding a halfway between two places and a halfway point between multiple locations.
How to Find Halfway Between Two Places on Google Maps
You can use various methods to halfway point between two places. We have listed these methods below.
Method 1: Use Measure Distance in Google Maps
Google Maps has become the go-to when we think about the navigation. As Google does not support any feature that finds a halfway between two points. Therefore, in this method, you will learn how to use Google Maps to spot a halfway between two cities by following the below-mentioned steps:
Note: Here we will be finding the halfway between Cincinnati and Chicago.
Option I: On Desktop Browser
1. Visit the Google Maps website on your desktop browser.
2. Locate the first location, i.e., Cincinnati on the map.
Note: You can select any of your desired locations.
3. Right-click on the selected location and click on the Measure distance option from the context menu.
4. Now, find and click on Chicago.
5. You will see the distance between Cincinnati and Chicago is 250.47 mi.
6. You can split the distance in half which is 125.23 mi.
This is how you can find a halfway point between cities. We will now figure out how to use the same on phone to halfway between two places.
Option II: On Google Maps Phone App
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to find out halfway between two cities using Google Maps on your phone.
1. Open the Google Maps app.
2. Find the first location, Cincinnati, on the map.
3. Tap on the city name and a description will pop up.
4. Scroll the description to find and tap on the Measure distance option.
5. On the map, tap on Chicago to measure the distance.
6. You can see the distance is 250 mi. Now, tap on Add point icon.
7. Split the distance in half which turns out to be 125 mi.
Halfway between Cincinnati and Chicago falls in South Indiana. You can zoom in for further details. This is how you can easily find a halfway point between two cities using the measure distance feature in Google Maps. Now we will move on to the next method to find a halfway point between two places using coordinates on Google Maps.
Method 2: Use Coordinates in Google Maps
This is another method that you can use to find a place between two points on Google Maps. Let’s get started with this method using the same cities that we used in the above-mentioned method by following the steps given below:
Option I: On Desktop Browser
1. Navigate to Google Maps on your desktop browser.
2. Find and right-click on Cincinnati.
3. Note the coordinates of Cincinnati which are 39.09486, -84.50392.
4. Note down the coordinates of Chicago in a similar way which are 41.86799, -87.64404.
5. Now add the Latitudes (39.09486+41.86799) and Longitudes (-84.50392+ (-87.64404) and divide by 2 respectively to get the new coordinates.
6. Enter the new coordinates, 40.481425, -86.07398, in the search bar to find the halfway point between the two given locations.
This is how you can find a meeting point between two places using the coordinates in Google Maps on your desktop. Read further to find out how to use his method on your mobile phone.
Also Read: How to Draw Radius on Google Maps App
Option II: On Google Maps Phone App
1. Open the Google Maps app on your mobile to halfway between two places.
2. Find Cincinnati and long-press the location on your mobile screen to get the coordinates (39.09299,-84.51065).
3. Find Chicago and long-press the location on your mobile screen to get the coordinates (41.87216, – 87.66746).
4. Now add the Latitudes (39.09299+41.87216) and Longitudes (-84.51065 + (-87.66746) and divide by 2 respectively to get the new coordinates.
5. Enter the new coordinates 40.482575, -86.089055 in the search bar.
6. Find the mid-point between two places.
Now that you have understood how to find a halfway point between cities using your desktop and Android devices. Let’s proceed further with finding a halfway point between two or more cities using the next method.
Method 3: Use Whatshalfway Website
Whatshalfway is a website that helps you find a meeting point between two locations. You can also use this website to find a halfway point between three locations. With this, you can find the exact halfway in terms of distance as well as time. Continue reading to see how to use Whatshalfway.com to halfway between two places by following the steps mentioned below:
Option I: Find Halfway Point Between Two Locations
1. Visit the official website of Whatshalfway website.
2. Enter your address in the Your address space.
3. Enter the destination address in the Their address space.
4. Select the Venue type as required.
5. Click on Submit to view the search results.
6. You will find the search result like this including a map and details about the venue type.
Option II: Find Halfway Point Between Three Locations
As we have already mentioned, with this website you can also find a halfway point between three locations. Now let’s see how to find a halfway point between three places by following the steps listed below:
1. Click on the Meeting Planner tab.
2. Enter the address details of the three places in the respective space.
3. Select the Venue type.
4. You can also add more people if required by clicking on Add more people option.
5. Then, click on the Submit option.
6. Find the search result like this with a map and details regarding the venue type.
Whatshalfway.com comes in handy to find the meeting point between two locations or more. This can be used on the web and iOS users can download the Whatshalfway.com app from the AppStore.
Apart from Whatshalfway, there are many other third-party websites that you can also use to find a mid-point between two places. Some of these are listed below:
- How to Turn Off Low Data Mode on iPhone
- What is Atlas Earth?
- How to Turn Off Tolls on Google Maps
- How to Get Google Maps Topography Lines
This article was all about different ways to find out halfway between two locations using Google Maps and third-party websites. We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to learn how to find halfway between two places. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.