Google Maps have become one of the most reliable apps for navigation. It is easy to use and can be used on both desktops and mobiles. It provides users with detailed geographical regions and sights worldwide. Apart from the navigation also find satellite and aerial views of locations. Google Maps is considered the sole source of navigation but still, it has a scope for improvement as it lacks certain features. People often find ways to draw driving radius Google Maps. Google Maps does not allow you to draw radius on Google maps app but you can measure the distance between two points. However, you can add circle to Google Maps using other methods which you will further read in the article.
How to Draw Radius on Google Maps App
As mentioned above, you can only find the distance between two given points which means Google Maps do not support the feature of drawing radius. Not only Google Maps you cannot draw radius on Google Earth as well. Nevertheless, other ways can be used to draw driving radius Google Maps. These methods are listed below:
Method 1: Use Google Map Developers
Using Google Map Developers is one of the easiest ways to add circle to Google Maps. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to add radius to Google Maps.
1. Visit the official website of Google Map Developers.
2. Click on Map Tools.
3. Click on Draw a circle.
4. Type the Address in the given space. For example, we have written Yeehaw Junction.
5. Select the Radius distance measurement unit.
6. Select and Edit the color of the radius.
7. Click on the Zoom to Address option.
8. Click on the New Circle option to add a radius to the map.
9. Click on the Full-screen view icon to view the map on full screen.
10. You can take a screenshot of the radius map and use it as required.
11. Scroll down to save this link which will enable you to return to the radius map.
Also Read: 7 Ways to Fix Slow Google Maps
Method 2: Use KML Circle Generator
KML Circle Generator is a radius map tool that can be used to add circle to Google maps. Use can also use this tool to draw radius on Google Earth. Follow the below-mentioned steps to learn how to use the KML circle generator to draw radius on Google Maps.
1. Go to Google Maps.
2. Click on the More option on the left-hand side of the screen.
3. Click on Your places.
4. Click on MAPS.
5. Click on CREATE MAP at the left-hand bottom of the screen.
6. An Untitled map will open in a new tab.
7. Type the required address then click on the search icon.
8. Click on Add to map.
9. You will find the latitude and longitude of the required address.
10. Go to the official website of KML Circle Generator.
11. Edit the Circle radius details as required.
12. Copy and paste the latitude and longitude details from Google Maps.
13. Edit the circle color and width detail as desired.
14. Click on Generate Circle.
15. A circle.kml named file will download.
16. Go back to the new untitled Google Map and click on Add layer.
17. Click on the Import option.
18. Click on the Select a file from your device option.
19. Select the circle.kml file and click on the Open option.
21. This is how we add radius in Google Maps with the help of the KML Circle Generator.
22. Click on the vertically aligned three dots.
23. Export the map as required.
Method 3: Use Google My Maps and Circle Plot
Using Google My Maps is another convenient way to draw radius on Google Maps. Follow the steps listed below to draw driving radius on Google Maps:
1. Visit Google My Maps by searching for google.com/mymaps in the address bar.
2. Click on + CREATE A NEW MAP option.
3. Type the required address and click on the search icon.
4. Click on Add to map option.
5. Copy the latitude and longitude details.
6. Go to the official website of Circle Plot.
7. Scroll down the website to paste the latitude and longitude details.
8. Edit the radius details like the measurement unit, color, and the number of circles.
9. Enter the required details.
10. Click on Create KML File option.
11. A file named circleplot.kml will download.
12. Go back to the Google map page.
13. Click on the Import option.
14. Click on the Select a file from your device option.
15. Select the circleplot.kml file and click on the Open option.
16. We have the radius of the mentioned address for the required distance.
17. Click on the vertically aligned three dots.
18. Export the map as required.
The above-mentioned methods were about drawing radius on Google Maps. Further, we will see if it is possible to draw radius on Google Earth.
How to Draw Radius on Google Earth
Similar to Google Maps it is impossible to draw radius on Google Earth. However, you can use the same third-party apps to draw a radius on Google Earth. You need to follow the same steps as you did for Google Maps and then follow the below mentioned instructions.
Note: These steps are only applicable if you have followed the above-mentioned methods 1 and 2. Once you have reached the last step of the drawing circle in Google Maps, you can proceed with the below-mentioned steps.
1. Click on the View in Google Earth option.
2. You will be redirected to Google Earth.
3. You will finally be able to see the radius in Google Earth.
4. You also use the full-screen view to take a screenshot of the radius on Google Earth.
Moreover, Google Earth also enables users to draw polygonal shapes to mark places and save them as a map or KML file.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is it possible to search within a radius on Google Maps?
Ans. Yes, it is possible to search within a radius on Google Maps. All you need to do is type the address in the search bar and you will get to know if the respective area falls under the circle or not.
Q2. How can I change the color of the radius?
Ans. You can always customize the radius details according to your preference while entering the details. Make sure you mark the desired color in the color choices and then download the KML file.
Q3. Why is a radius map required?
Ans. A radius map comes in use for businesses that tend to offer delivery services. It helps them to analyze the data of the location. They can be used either for professional or personal use.
- Fix Forza Horizon 5 FH301 Error Code
- How to Find Nearest Gas Station on Google Maps
- How to Turn Off Tolls on Google Maps
- How to Get Google Maps Topography Lines
I hope you have enjoyed reading our article and that you are clear with the doubts regarding how to draw radius on Google Maps app. You can try the above-mentioned methods when required. You should check our page regularly for updates. If you have any suggestions or queries, drop them in the comment section below.