Many of you might face FH301 Forza Horizon 5 error code on Windows 10 when you are enjoying your game. FH301 FH5 error code occurs due to incorrect game settings, protection suite, corrupt game files, etc. Yet, there are a few additional reasons that trigger FH301 error Forza Horizon 5 on your computer. This guide will help you fix Forza Horizon 5 FH301 error with a complete list of effective troubleshooting methods.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Forza Horizon 5 FH301 Error Code
We have shown the possible methods to solve Forza Horizon 5 FH301 error in detail.
What Causes FH301 Forza Horizon 5 on PC?
There is no specific reason that triggers FH301 error Forza Horizon 5 on Windows 10. Yet, we have analyzed several online reports and discussion platforms and listed out the possible factors that cause the problem on your Windows 10 PC.
- The system requirements for the game are not met.
- Some background program is blocking the game.
- You are not using admin rights for the game to operate functionally.
- The corrupt Windows Store cache is preventing the game from being opened.
- Inappropriate date and time settings.
- The game is not prioritized, and your PC has high performance in Power settings.
- The graphics drivers on your PC are not compatible.
- Antivirus or firewall program on your PC is preventing the game from normal launch.
- Microsoft Visual C++ packages are not in the latest version.
Here are some effective troubleshooting methods that will help you fix Forza Horizon 5 FH301 error on your Windows 10 PC.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Below are some of the basic methods to fix the error code.
1A. Restart PC
The general trick to resolve all the temporary glitches associated with Forza Horizon 5 is to restart your computer. You can restart your PC by following the steps.
1. Navigate to the Windows Power User menu by pressing the Windows and X keys simultaneously.
2. Select Shut down or sign out.
3. Finally, click on Restart.
Once you have restarted the service, check if you can access the game without any errors.
1B. Check System Requirements
Several users have reported that FH301 Forza Horizon 5 occurs on your PC when system requirements are not met by the game. Before downloading any app/game on your device, make sure your PC meets the minimum requirements of the app. To know the minimum requirements of any app, you must check its official website. You must check three aspects of requirements: Graphics card, DirectX, and system requirements.
Here are the requirements of your PC as expected by Forza Horizon 5.
|MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS||RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENTS|
|CPU||Intel i3-4170 @ 3.7Ghz OR Intel i5 750 @ 2.67Ghz||Intel i7-3820 @ 3.6Ghz|
|RAM||8 GB||12 GB|
|OS||Windows 10 version 15063.0 or higher||Windows 10 version 15063.0 or higher|
|VIDEO CARD||NVidia 650TI OR NVidia GT 740 OR AMD R7 250x||NVidia GTX 970 OR NVidia GTX 1060 3GB OR AMD R9 290x OR AMD RX 470|
|DEDICATED VIDEO RAM||2 GB||4 GB|
Also Read: Fix Forza Horizon FH5 Error 0x803FB107
1C. Ensure Proper Network Connection
An unstable internet connection leads to FH301 error Forza Horizon 5. Also, if there are any obstacles between your router and your computer, they may interfere with the wireless signal and will cause intermittent connection problems.
You can visit fast.com page to know the optimum level of network speed required for the proper connection.
Ensure that your device satisfies the below criteria.
- Find the signal strength of your network and if it is very low, clear all the obstructions in between the way.
- Avoid too many devices connected to the same network.
- Always buy a modem/router verified by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and they are free of conflicts.
- Do not use old, broken, or damaged cables. Replace the cables if necessary.
- Make sure the wires from the modem to the router and the modem to the wall are stable and out of disturbance.
If there are any internet connectivity issues, check our guide How to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems on Windows 10 to troubleshoot the same.
1D. Close Background Processes
Several users have confirmed that FH301 error Forza Horizon 5 can be resolved by closing all the background tasks running on your PC. To implement the task, follow our guide How to End Task in Windows 10, and proceed as instructed.
Once you have closed all the background processes, check if you were able to fix the discussed error code.
1E. Set Proper Date & Time Settings
Incorrect date and time settings in your computer may contribute to the discussed FH5 error code on Windows PC. To sync the date, region, and time settings in your Windows 10 computer follow the below-listed instructions.
1. Hit the Windows + I keys together to open Windows Settings.
2. Now, select the Time & Language option as shown.
3. Next, in the Date & time tab, ensure the two values Set the time automatically and Set the time zone automatically options are toggled on.
4. Then, click on Sync now as highlighted above. Check if the Forza Horizon 5 error code is resolved or not.
1F. Repair System Files
If there are any missing or damaged files on your Windows 10 PC, you will face FH301 error Forza Horizon 5. Yet, you are repairing these corrupt files by using inbuilt utilities namely, System File Checker and Deployment Image Servicing and Management.
Read our guide on How to Repair System Files on Windows 10 and follow the steps as instructed to repair all your corrupt files.
1G. Run Full Disk Cleanup
A few users have suggested that clearing some disk space on a PC has helped them sort out the discussed issue. This will enable your computer to install new files whenever needed which will help you fix the problem.
If there is minimum available space in your computer contributing to the discussed error code, follow our guide 10 Ways to Free Up Hard Disk Space On Windows which helps you clear all unnecessary files in your computer.
1H. Update Windows
You can also eradicate bugs in your computer and game by updating your Operating System. Always ensure that you have updated your Windows Operating System and if there are any updates pending in action. Use our guide How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update.
After updating your Windows Operating System, check whether you can connect to your game server without any errors.
1I. Update Graphics Drivers
Forza Horizon 5, being a graphically intensive game, your graphics driver is essentially important for your gaming experience. If the drivers are outdated or faulty, make sure you update them. You can search for the newest releases of drivers from its official websites, or you can update them manually. Follow our guide 4 Ways to Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 10 to update your driver and check if you have fixed the discussed issue or not.
1J. Roll Back GPU Driver Updates
Sometimes, the current version of GPU drivers may cause FH301 Forza Horizon 5 and in this case, you have to restore previous versions of installed drivers. This process is called rollback of drivers and you can easily roll back your computer drivers to their previous state by following our guide How to Rollback Drivers on Windows 10.
1K. Reinstall Graphics Drivers
If you still face Forza Horizon 5 FH301 error after updating your Graphical drivers, then reinstall device drivers to fix any incompatibility issues. There are several ways to reinstall drivers on your computer. Yet, you can easily reinstall Graphical drivers as instructed in our guide How to Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers on Windows 10.
After reinstalling GPU drivers, check if you can access Forza Horizon 5 game without any errors.
1L. Clear DNS Cache & Data
Few users have suggested that clearing the DNS cache and data on your PC has helped them fix FH301 error Forza Horizon 5. Follow as instructed.
1. Hit the Windows key and type cmd. Then, click on Open.
2. Now, type the following commands one by one. Press the Enter key after each command.
ipconfig/flushdns ipconfig/registerdns ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew netsh winsock reset
3. Wait for the commands to be executed and restart your PC.
Method 2: Run Forza Horizon 5 as Administrator
This is one of the most common reasons that cause FH301 Forza Horizon 5 in your Windows 10 PC. Certain permissions and features can only be accessed if you have granted admin rights to the Forza Horizon 5 game. In this scenario, you can fix the discussed issue by following the below-listed instructions.
1. Right-click on the Forza Horizon 5 shortcut on the desktop or navigate to the installation directory and right-click on it.
2. Now, select the Properties option.
3. Then, switch to the Compatibility tab and check the box Run this program as an administrator.
4. Finally, click on Apply and OK to save the changes.
Also Read: Fix Forza Horizon 5 Stuck on Loading Screen
Method 3: Verify Integrity of Game Files (On Steam)
We have seen many cases in which the game files are either missing or corrupt or it had incomplete installations. Users could also experience FH301 FH5 if they are interrupted by the update process or if the game files are being moved. In this method, you will be opening Steam and using the built-in function for verifying the integrity of the game. It will be replaced if the application finds something.
Follow the steps discussed in our guide, How to Verify Integrity of Game Files on Steam.
Method 4: Modify Windows Defender Firewall Setting
You can also face FH301 Forza Horizon 5, due to an over-reactive or over-protective antivirus suite in your Windows 10 computer. This prevents the connection link between the game launcher and the server. So, to fix this problem, you can whitelist Forza Horizon 5 in your Firewall settings or disable the problem temporarily.
Option I: Whitelist Forza Horizon 5
To allow Forza Horizon 5 in your Windows Defender Firewall, follow our guide Allow or Block Apps through the Windows Firewall and implement the steps as instructed.
Option II: Disable Firewall (Not Recommended)
If you do not know how to disable Windows Defender Firewall, our guide on How to Disable Windows 10 Firewall will help you do so.
Option III: Create New Rule in Firewall
1. Hit the Windows key and type Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security. Then, click on Run as administrator.
2. Now, in the left pane, click on Inbound Rules as depicted.
3. Then, in the right pane, click on New rule… as shown.
4. Now, make sure you select the Program option under What type of rule would you like to create? menu and click on Next> as shown.
5. Then, click on the Browse… button corresponding to This program path: as shown.
6. Then, navigate to the C:\Program Files (x86)\ Forza Horizon 5 path and double-click on setup file. Then, click on the Open button.
7. Then, click on Next > in the New Inbound Rule Wizard window as shown.
8. Now, select the radio button next to Allow the connection and click on Next > as depicted.
9. Make sure Domain, Private, Public boxes are selected and click on Next > as shown.
10. Finally, add a name to your new rule and click on Finish.
All done! Check if you have fixed Forza Horizon 5 FH301 error or not.
Also Read: Fix Forza Horizon 5 Crashing in Windows 10
Method 5: Temporarily Disable Antivirus (If Applicable)
Some incompatible antivirus programs installed in your computer will trigger FH301 Forza Horizon 5 error. To avoid conflicts, you must ensure the security settings of your Windows 10 computer and check if they are stable or not. To find whether the antivirus suite is the reason for Forza Horizon 5 FH301 error, disable it once and try connecting to a network.
Read our guide on How to Disable Antivirus Temporarily on Windows 10 and follow the instructions to disable your Antivirus program temporarily on your PC.
If you have a fix for your problem after disabling the antivirus program on your computer, you are advised to uninstall the program completely from your PC.
Read our guide Force Uninstall Programs which won’t Uninstall In Windows 10 to uninstall your antivirus program on your computer.
Method 6: Create New User Profile
Creating a new user account can fix any profile-related errors and glitches. This helps you fix FH301 Forza Horizon 5. You can create a new user profile by following the steps discussed in our guide, How to Create a Local User Account on Windows 10
After creating a new user profile, check if you have fixed the discussed issue or not.
Method 7: Update .NET Framework
.NET framework in Windows 10 computer is essential for uninterrupted service of modern apps and games. Many games have an auto-update feature for the .NET framework, and thus it will be updated automatically whenever an update is available. In another case, if an update prompts in your PC, you can manually install the latest version of the .NET framework, as discussed in our guide, How to Install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
Method 8: Update DirectX
To enjoy a seamless multimedia experience on the Forza Horizon 5 game, you have to make sure that DirectX is installed, and it is updated to its latest version. DirectX helps you improve the visual media experience for graphical games and applications especially. It is worth updating DirectX needed for this game by following our guide, How to update DirectX in Windows 10.
Now, check if you can fix Forza Horizon 5 FH301 error.
Method 9: Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
Alternatively, you can try to repair the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages to fix FH301 Forza Horizon 5 as instructed in our guide How to Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.
Method 10: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
If the previous method of repairing the Microsoft C++ Visual Redistributable did not fix FH301 FH5, then you will have to reinstall the redistributable. Follow the given steps in our guide How to Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable to reinstall the packages again.
Also Read: Fix Forza Horizon 4 FH001 in Windows 10
Method 11: Reinstall Forza Horizon 5
If none of the methods have helped you, then try to reinstall the game if possible. All the settings and configurational setup will be refreshed when you reinstall it, and hence there are more chances that you would attain a fix for Forza Horizon 5 FH301 error.
1. Press the Windows + I keys together to open Windows Settings.
2. Now, click on Apps setting.
3. Now, search and click on Forza Horizon (FH5) and select Uninstall option.
4. Now, confirm the prompt if any, and reboot the PC once you have uninstalled Forza Horizon 5 (FH5).
5. Then, install the game again from Microsoft Store.
Finally, you have reinstalled Forza Horizon on your computer. It would have fixed all the issues associated with the app.
- How to Archive or Unarchive Posts on Instagram
- Fix League of Legends Error Code 900 on Windows 10
- Fix Forza Horizon 3 Not Starting Issue
- Fix 0x80070032 Forza Horizon 5 Error in Windows 10
We hope that this guide was helpful, and you could fix FH301 Forza Horizon 5 on your PC. Let us know which method worked for you the best. Also, if you have any queries/suggestions regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.