Forza Horizon is one of the popular car racing games, you can enjoy on Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox Series platforms. You may face Forza Horizon 4 FH001 error on your Windows 10 when you are accessing the game. This happens due to incorrect system settings or corrupt game files. In addition, there are so many factors that contribute to the problem that is discussed in this article. Also, the troubleshooting methods in this guide will help you fix the issue Forza Horizon 4 error code FH001.
- How to Fix Forza Horizon 4 FH001 in Windows 10
- Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
- Method 2: Run Forza Horizon 4 as Administrator
- Method 3: Verify Integrity of Game Files (Steam)
- Method 4: Modify Windows Defender Firewall Setting
- Method 5: Temporarily Disable Antivirus (If Applicable)
- Method 6: Create New User Profile
- Method 7: Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Method 8: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Method 9: Reinstall DirectX
- Method 10: Reinstall Forza Horizon 4
How to Fix Forza Horizon 4 FH001 in Windows 10
There is no specific reason that triggers Forza Horizon 4 error code FH001 on Windows 10. Yet, we have analyzed several online reports and discussion platforms and listed out the possible factors that cause the problem on your Windows 10 PC.
- The system requirements for the game are not met.
- Some background program is blocking the game.
- You are not using admin rights for the game to operate it functionally.
- The corrupt Windows Store cache is preventing the game from being opened.
- Inappropriate date and time settings.
- The game is not prioritized, and your PC has high performance in Power settings.
- The graphics drivers on your PC are not compatible.
- Antivirus or firewall program on your PC is preventing the game from normal launch.
- Microsoft Visual C++ packages are not in the latest version.
Here are some effective troubleshooting methods that will help you fix the Forza Horizon 4 FH001 error code on your Windows 10 PC.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Follow these basic troubleshooting methods to fix the said issue.
1A. Restart PC
The general trick to resolve all the temporary glitches associated with Forza Horizon 4 is to restart your computer. You can restart your PC by following the steps.
1. Navigate to the Windows Power User menu by pressing the Windows + X keys simultaneously.
2. Select Shut down or sign out.
3. Finally, click on Restart option.
Once you have restarted the service, check if you can access the game without any errors.
1B. Check System Requirements
Several users have reported that FH4 error code FH001 occurs on your PC when system requirements are not met by the game. Before downloading any app/game on your device, make sure your PC meets the minimum requirements of the app. To know the minimum requirements of any app, you must check its official website. You must check three aspects of requirements: Graphics card, DirectX, and system requirements.
Here are the requirements of your PC as expected by Forza Horizon 4.
|MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS||RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENTS|
|CPU||Intel i3-4170 @ 3.7Ghz OR Intel i5 750 @ 2.67Ghz||Intel i7-3820 @ 3.6Ghz|
|RAM||8 GB||12 GB|
|OS||Windows 10 version 15063.0 or higher||Windows 10 version 15063.0 or higher|
|VIDEO CARD||NVidia 650TI OR NVidia GT 740 OR AMD R7 250x||NVidia GTX 970 OR NVidia GTX 1060 3GB OR AMD R9 290x OR AMD RX 470|
|DEDICATED VIDEO RAM||2 GB||4 GB|
1C. Ensure Proper Network Connection
Unstable internet connection leads to Forza Horizon 4 error code FH001, also if there are any obstacles between your router and your computer, they may interfere with the wireless signal and will cause intermittent connection problems. You can run a Speedtest to know the optimum level of network speed required for the proper connection.
Ensure that your device satisfies the below criteria.
- Find the signal strength of your network and clear all the obstructions in between the way if it is very low.
- Avoid too many devices connected to the same network.
- Always buy a modem/router verified by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and they are free of conflicts.
- Do not use old, broken, or damaged cables. Replace the cables if necessary.
- Make sure the wires from the modem to the router and the modem to the wall are stable and out of disturbance.
If there are any internet connectivity issues, check our guide How to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems on Windows 10 to troubleshoot the same.
1D. Close Background Tasks
Several users have confirmed that FH4 error code FH001 can be resolved by closing all the background tasks running on your PC. To implement the task, follow our guide How to End Task in Windows 10, and proceed as instructed.
Once you have closed all the background processes, check if you were able to fix the discussed error code.
1E. Change Date & Time Settings
Incorrect date and time settings in your computer may contribute to FH4 error code FH001 on Windows PC. To sync the date, region, and time settings in your Windows 10 computer follow the below-listed instructions.
1. Press the Windows + I keys together to open Windows Settings.
2. Now, select the Time & Language option as shown.
3. Next, in the Date & time tab, ensure the two values Set the time automatically and Set the time zone automatically options are toggled on.
4. Then, click on Sync now as highlighted above. Check if the Forza Horizon 4 error code is resolved or not.
1F. Repair System Files
If there are any missing or damaged files on your Windows 10 PC, you will face FH4 error code FH001. Yet, you are repairing these corrupt files by using inbuilt utilities namely, System File Checker and Deployment Image Servicing and Management.
Read our guide on How to Repair System Files on Windows 10 and follow the steps as instructed to repair all your corrupt files.
1G. Run Disk Cleanup
Few users have suggested that clearing some disk space on PC has helped them sort out the discussed issue. This will enable your computer to install new files whenever needed which will help you fix the problem.
If there is minimum available space in your computer contributing to the discussed error code, follow our guide 10 Ways to Free Up Hard Disk Space On Windows that helps you clear all unnecessary files in your computer.
1H. Update Windows
You can also eradicate bugs in your computer and game by updating your Operating System. Always ensure if you have updated your Windows Operating System and if there are any updates pending in action, use our guide How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update.
After updating your Windows Operating System, check whether you can connect to your game server without any errors.
1I. Update Graphics Drivers
Forza Horizon 4, being a graphical intensive game, your graphics driver is essential important for your gaming experience. If the drivers are outdated or faulty, make sure you update them. You can search for the newest releases of drivers from its official websites or you can update them manually. Follow our guide 4 Ways to Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 10 to update your driver and check if you have fixed the discussed issue or not.
1J. Roll Back GPU Drivers
Sometimes, the current version of GPU drivers may cause FH4 error code FH001 problem and in this case, you have to restore previous versions of installed drivers. This process is called rollback of drivers and you can easily roll back your computer drivers to their previous state by following our guide How to Rollback Drivers on Windows 10.
1K. Reinstall Graphics Drivers
If you still face FH4 error code FH001 after updating your Graphical drivers, then reinstall device drivers to fix any incompatibility issues. There are several ways to reinstall drivers on your computer. Yet, you can easily reinstall Graphical drivers as instructed in our guide How to Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers on Windows 10.
After reinstalling GPU drivers, check if you can access Forza Horizon 4 game without any errors.
1L. Clear DNS Cache & Data
Few users have suggested that clearing the DNS cache and data on your PC has helped them fix Forza Horizon 4 error code FH001 error. Follow as instructed.
1. Hit the Windows key and type cmd, then click on Open.
2. Now, type the following commands one by one and hit the Enter key after each command.
ipconfig/flushdns ipconfig/registerdns ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew netsh winsock reset
3. Wait for the commands to be executed and reboot the PC.
Method 2: Run Forza Horizon 4 as Administrator
This is one of the most common reasons that cause Forza Horizon 4 error code FH001 in your Windows 10 PC. Certain permissions and features can only be accessed if you have granted admin rights to the Forza Horizon 4 game. In this scenario, you can fix the discussed issue by following the below-listed instructions.
1. Right-click on the Forza Horizon 4 shortcut on the desktop or navigate the installation directory and right-click on it.
2. Now, select the Properties option.
3. Then, switch to the Compatibility tab and check the box Run this program as an administrator.
4. Finally, click on Apply > OK to save the changes.
Method 3: Verify Integrity of Game Files (Steam)
We have seen many cases in which the game files are either missing or corrupt or it had incomplete installations. Users could also experience Forza Horizon 4 FH001 if they are interrupted by the update process or if the game files are being moved. In this method, you will be opening Steam and using the built-in function for verifying the integrity of the game. It will be replaced if the application finds something. Read our guide on how to verify integrity of game files on Steam.
Note: You should perform similar steps if you are using different publishing software.
Method 4: Modify Windows Defender Firewall Setting
You will also face Forza Horizon 4 error FH001, due to an over-reactive or over-protective antivirus suite in your Windows 10 computer. This prevents the connection link between the game launcher and the server. So, to fix this problem, you can whitelist Forza Horizon 4 in your Firewall settings or disable the problem temporarily.
Option I: Whitelist Battle.net
To allow Forza Horizon 4 in your Windows Defender Firewall, follow our guide Allow or Block Apps through the Windows Firewall and implement the steps as instructed.
Option II: Disable Firewall (Not Recommended)
If you do not know how to disable Windows Defender Firewall, our guide on How to Disable Windows 10 Firewall will help you do so.
Option III: Create New Rule in Firewall
1. Hit the Windows key and type Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security, then click on Open.
2. Now, in the left pane, click on Inbound Rules as depicted.
3. Then, in the right pane, click on New rule… as shown.
4. Now, make sure you select the Program option under What type of rule would you like to create? menu and click on Next> as shown.
5. Then, click on the Browse… button corresponding to This program path: as shown.
6. Then, navigate to the C:\Program Files (x86)\ Forza Horizon 4 path and double-click on setup file. Then, click on the Open button.
7. Then, click on Next > in the New Inbound Rule Wizard window as shown.
8. Now, select the radio button next to Allow the connection and click on Next > as depicted.
9. Make sure Domain, Private, Public boxes are selected and click on Next > as shown.
10. Finally, add a name to your new rule and click on Finish.
All done! Check if you have fixed Forza Horizon 4 error FH001 or not.
Also Read: Fix Forza Horizon FH5 Error 0x803FB107
Method 5: Temporarily Disable Antivirus (If Applicable)
Some incompatible antivirus programs installed in your computer will cause trigger the question, Forza Horizon 4 FH001. To avoid conflicts, you must ensure the security settings of your Windows 10 computer and check if they are stable or not. To find whether the antivirus suite is the reason for FH4 error code FH001, disable it once and try connecting to a network.
Read our guide on How to Disable Antivirus Temporarily on Windows 10 and follow the instructions to disable your Antivirus program temporarily on your PC.
If you have a fix for your problem after disabling the antivirus program in your computer, you are advised to uninstall the program completely from your PC.
Read our guide Force Uninstall Programs which won’t Uninstall In Windows 10 to uninstall your antivirus program in your computer.
Method 6: Create New User Profile
Creating a new user account can fix any profile-related errors and glitches. This helps you fix Forza Horizon 4 error code FH001. You can create a new user profile by following the steps discussed in our guide, How to Create a Local User Account on Windows 10
After creating a new user profile, check if you have fixed the discussed Forza Horizon 4 error or not.
Also Read: Fix Forza Horizon 5 Crashing in Windows 10
Method 7: Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
Alternately, you can try to repair the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages to fix Forza Horizon 4 FH001as follows:
1. Hit the Windows key and type Apps & features, click on Open.
2. Search for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package.
3. Select the package, then click on Modify option.
4. Then, click Yes on the User Account Control prompt.
5. In the pop-up window that appears, click on Repair. Wait for the process to finish.
6. Make sure to modify all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages by following the above steps.
7. Finally, restart the PC.
Open the application that you were unable to open previously. If this did not work, try reinstalling the C++ redistributable instead.
Method 8: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
If the previous method of repairing the Microsoft C++ Visual Redistributable did not fix Forza Horizon 4 error FH001, then you will have to reinstall the redistributable. Follow the given steps to uninstall & then install these again.
1. Open the Apps & features system settings.
2. Select the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package, then click on Uninstall option.
3. Click on Uninstall option again to confirm and remove the package.
Note: Make sure to uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages.
4. Hit the Windows key, type Command Prompt, then click on Run as administrator.
5. Type the following command and press the Enter key.
Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
6. Once the process is complete, reboot the PC.
7. Next, visit the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable webpage to download the latest C++ package as shown here.
8. Once downloaded, open the downloaded file by double-clicking on it in My downloads. Install the package by following the on-screen instructions.
9. Once the installation is complete, finally restart the PC.
Open Origin and check if you face the crashing problem again. If the issue persists, then try the next alternatives.
Method 9: Reinstall DirectX
To enjoy a seamless multimedia experience on Forza Horizon (FH4), you have to make sure whether DirectX is installed, and it is updated to its latest version. DirectX helps you improve the visual media experience for graphical games and applications especially. DirectX 12 is flexible for high graphical support applications in your Windows 10 computer. This lets Forza Horizon 4 know what to do and you can check if your computer already contains DirectX 12. Read our guide on how to re-install DirectX in Windows 10.
After installing DirectX, check if Forza Horizon 4 error occurs again.
Method 10: Reinstall Forza Horizon 4
If none of the methods have helped you, then try to reinstall the game if possible. All the settings and configurational setup will be refreshed when you reinstall it, and hence there are more chances that you would attain a fix for FH4 error code FH001.
1. Hit the Windows + I keys simultaneously to launch the Windows Settings.
2. Now, click on Apps setting.
3. Now, locate and click on Forza Horizon (FH4) game and select Uninstall option.
4. Now, confirm the prompt if any, and reboot the PC once you have uninstalled Forza Horizon (FH4).
5. Then, download the game again from Microsoft Store.
Finally, you have reinstalled Forza Horizon on your computer. It would have fixed all the issues associated with the app.
- Fix Star Citizen Crashing in Windows 10
- Fix Sea of Thieves Not Downloading Error
- Fix Forza Horizon 4 Not Launching in Windows 10
- Fix Forza Horizon 5 Stuck on Loading Screen
We hope that this guide was helpful and you could fix Forza Horizon 4 FH001 error in Windows 10. Let us know which method worked for you the best. Also, if you have any queries/suggestions regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.