What if you’ve found the content you like on a streaming service like Gen2TV but only to find out you can’t access it on your Amazon Firestick? That’s a bummer, but don’t be discouraged. We’ve got some workarounds for you to try so you can enjoy your favorite films and TV shows. Continue reading to discover how to download and watch Gen2TV content on your Firestick.
Table of Contents
How to Download and Install Gen2TV on Firestick
Gen2TV was an IPTV service that allows users to stream their Favorite TV shows and movies on their mobile devices and PCs. However, it is no longer available to access and is not officially supported by Firestick.
So you have to opt for some unconventional methods to get services similar to the Gen2TV on this media player. Let’s see how you can go about it.
Let’s see the quick steps to access the Gen2TV content on your Firestick device:
1. Turn on Apps from Unknown Sources from the DEVELOPER OPTIONS menu.
2. Then, get the Downloader app.
3. Enter the SOPlayer app URL – https://bit.ly/osoplay and select the Go option.
4. Choose INSTALL to install the file.
5. Create and access your Gen2TV account.
Here are the workaround methods to download and install Gen2TV on your Firestick.
Note: We do not endorse or sponsor any of the third-party apps/tools listed in this article. Users should ensure the protection of their data for privacy or any data loss. Therefore, use these apps at your own discretion.
Method 1: Using Downloader App
You can use the Downloader app on your Firestick device to access the service similar to Gen2TV and try to locate the same content there.
1. Connect your Amazon Firestick device to your home network.
2. Select Settings from the home screen.
3. Next, select My Fire TV.
4. Access the DEVELOPER OPTIONS menu and select Apps from Unknown Sources.
5. Select the ON option.
6. Now, from the home menu, select the Find tab > Search option.
7. Search for and select the Downloader app to get Gen2TV content on your Firestick.
8. Choose the Download option to install the application.
9. Now, Open the app and then Allow to access media files further.
10. Enter the following URL for the SOPlayer app given below and select the Go option to download the APK file.
11. Wait for the SOPlayer APK file to complete downloading. Once it’s finished, select the INSTALL option.
Note: After installation, delete the APK file.
12. After installation, choose OPEN to launch the SOPlayer app on your Firestick.
13. Now, select USERNAME PASSWORD.
14. Create an account for your SOPlayer account and locate the Gen2TV content on it.
Also Read: 13 Best Free Live TV Apps for Firestick
Method 2: Using ES File Explorer
To download Gen2TV-like IPTV app on your Firestick using the ES File Explorer app, follow these steps:
Note: Before performing the upcoming steps, enable Apps from Unknown Sources from DEVELOPER OPTIONS.
1. Press the Home button on your Firestick remote to access the Home menu.
2. Select the Find tab from the top.
3. Choose the Search option.
4. Search for the ES File Explorer.
5. Select the Download option and wait for the app to install.
6. Choose Launch application to access the browser.
7. Go to the ES File Explorer app’s home screen and select Downloader.
8. Select the + New option from the bottom of the screen to add Gen2TV-like service on Firestick.
9. In the pop-up menu, enter the following URL in the Path field.
10. Then, enter SOPlayer in the Name section.
11. Next, select Download Now.
12. Choose Open File > Install.
13. Now, select Open to launch the SOPlayer app on your Firestick.
14. Now, select USERNAME PASSWORD.
15. Create your Gen2TV account and enjoy the desired content!
How to Watch Gen2TV on Firestick?
As explained before, Gen2TV is no longer accessible to view content on any device. However, you can follow the methods mentioned above to watch the other IPTV apps and content that may have been also available on Gen2TV.
How Much Subscription Does Gen2TV Cost?
Gen2TV offered only a single subscription plan to its members, which came at a price of up to $29.99 per month. However, it provided a free trial period of 48 hours before charging any fees. Using one subscription, users could connect up to 4 devices. Additionally, NFL game streaming was also included in their subscription package.
By following the methods listed in this article, you can watch your favorite shows of Gen2TV on Firestick TV. We hope that you find these workarounds helpful and enjoy uninterrupted entertainment. If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to drop a comment below. Happy streaming!