Google Lens can be helpful in visual searches and text recognition. However, you may not want it to be part of your browser due to privacy concerns or if you prefer using a different visual search tool. And Google Chrome respects your preferences and gives you the option to disable the Google Lens search feature whenever you choose. This guide will show you how to do so on your desktop and Android phone.
Table of Contents
How to Disable Google Lens Search from Google Chrome
If you’re among the users who don’t use or like the Google Lens feature, this guide will help you disable it from the Chrome browser. Just follow the steps until the end.
To disable Google Lens search through Chrome flags, you can follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome on your computer.
2. In the address bar, type chrome://flags/ and press Enter. This will open the Chrome flags page.
3. In the search bar on the flags page, type Enable lens to find the relevant flag quickly.
4. From the Enable Lens features in Chrome section, click on the drop-down menu.
5. Select Disabled from the options in the drop-down menu and Relaunch the browser.
Can You Remove Google Lens from Search Bar?
Yes, but it is determined by your device or browser. If you have an Android 10 or higher device, you may be able to remove Google Lens from the search. Certain Android devices may not allow you to disable Google Lens in the Google search bar.
How to Disable Google Lens Search from Google Chrome?
Let’s see the steps to disable the Google Lens search from your Chrome browser.
1. Open the Google Chrome browser on your PC or laptop.
2. In the address bar, type chrome://flags/.
3. Search for the Enable Lens option from the search bar on the following page.
4. Click on the drop-down menu and select Disabled.
5. Finally, click on Relaunch from the bottom right corner of the browser to restart it to implement changes.
Once you’ve performed these steps, Google Lens will be removed from the Google Chrome search bar.
Also Read: How to Remove Lens on Snapchat
How to Remove Google Lens from Android?
Google Lens cannot be removed from an Android device because it is a built-in function in the Google app. You can, however, block Google Lens suggestions in the Google app by performing the following steps:
1. On your Android device, open the Google Chrome app.
2. Type chrome://flags/ in the address bar from the top of the browser.
3. Enter the term Lens in the search bar to locate the Google Lens powered image search in the context menu option.
4. There, tap on the drop-down box and select Disabled.
5. Tap on Relaunch to implement the changes on the Chrome browser.
- Can 2 People Use the Same Vudu Account?
- How to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages Through Facebook
- 35 Best Google Chrome Flags for Android
- How to Reverse Search a Video
Doing this allows you to freely use any other image or visual search tool on the same Chrome browser. We hope you learned how to disable Google Lens search from Google Chrome easily with the methods mentioned in this article. But if you still have any more doubts or suggestions, mention them in the comments section below.