If you accidentally deleted DMs from your Instagram account, especially those with important information, you may want to retrieve them. However, Instagram does not provide a direct recovery option for deleted messages. In such a situation, you may wonder if you can recover them through your linked Facebook account. Let’s find out if it’s possible to recover your deleted Instagram messages using Facebook.
Table of Contents
How to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages Through Facebook
As Meta has allowed users to link their Facebook and Instagram accounts, you can access both platform settings in one place. But let’s learn if recovering the IG DMs from your linked Facebook account is possible.
It is not possible to recover deleted Instagram messages through Facebook. You can only see your Instagram DMs from the linked Facebook page.
How Do I See Instagram Messages on Facebook?
To see your Instagram messages on your Facebook account, you must have linked your Instagram account with your Facebook Business page. You can only see all your IG DMs when you do this.
Note: If you have not created your Facebook page yet, read and follow our guide on How to Convert Your Facebook Profile to a Business Page. After you create your FB Business page, follow the upcoming steps.
1. Open your Facebook Business page on your browser.
2. Click on the Professional dashboard option from the left pane.
3. Then, scroll down in the left pane and click on Inbox from the Facebook Business account to see your Instagram messages.
4. Now, switch to the Instagram tab from the top.
5. Click on Connect Instagram.
6. Then, click on Continue from a few prompts to allow access to the Instagram messages.
Note: Only if you allow this access, will you be able to see your Instagram messages on the Facebook Business page, except for recovering deleted ones which you will learn in the next section.
7. Log in to your IG account and select the desired account type out of Creator or Business and click on Next.
8. Select the desired account category and click on Done to proceed to see your Instagram messages on Facebook.
9. Now, switch to the Instagram tab again to see all your IG DMs on the Facebook Business page.
Also Read: How to Recover Deleted Comments on Instagram
How to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages Through Facebook?
You cannot recover deleted Instagram messages through the Facebook Business page. You can only see them, as shown in the above heading.
However, if you can still access your Instagram account, you can download your IG account data to see all your sent and received IG DMs including the deleted ones. For this, refer to our guide on How to Recover Deleted Instagram Direct Messages Without Software and get your deleted DMs back.
- How Can I Tell If My Neighbor Has a Listening Device
- What Does LYK Mean On Facebook and Other Digital Social Networks?
- How to Recover Messenger Account without Facebook
- How to Know If Someone Read Your Message on Instagram
Through this guide on how to recover deleted Instagram messages through Facebook, you must have learned how you cannot retrieve your IG DMs from your FB account even if they are connected. You can use the download data feature from your IG account to see the deleted messages. Feel free to contact us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.