Social media presence has become inevitable and almost every person has an account on different internet applications. One such famous app is Instagram which offers a great space for app users to post and connect with their friends. While some peeps usually use the platform to post pictures and videos on Instagram, others like to add friends on it and treat it as a space to communicate with them. All thanks to Direct Messages, also known as the DM feature of Instagram, which helps users to send messages to their friends and start a conversation. If you are an avid user of this feature and are looking for answers about how to recover deleted Instagram direct messages without software, then you have landed on the right page. Unknowingly deleting the messages from the chat can put you in the dilemma of how to recover Instagram messages, if so, then our guide can help you well recover deleted comments on Instagram. So, let us begin with our doc right away and learn about some favorable ways for Instagram message recovery.
How to Recover Deleted Instagram Direct Messages Without Software
In this guide, you will know about Instagram Direct Messages and the steps to recover the messages without any third-party softwares.
What are Instagram Messages?
- Instagram Direct Messages is a feature that helps you to send messages to one or more people.
- This feature allows the user to send text, photos, or videos as a message.
- An Instagram user can also upload the media from their phone gallery in Direct Messages.
- Other stuff that can be sent as a Direct Message includes posts in your feed, disappearing media, and Instagram profiles.
Why do People Delete Instagram Direct Messages?
Before you know how to recover deleted Instagram direct messages without software, it is important to the reasons behind deleting the messages first.
- An Instagram user might delete messages unknowingly.
- A message is also deleted if a person sends it to the wrong person accidentally and does not want the receiver to read it.
- To clear up the space in Direct Messages.
- A person can also delete a conversation to break contact with the person completely.
Can Deleted Messages on Instagram be Recovered?
- If you are looking for a way to recover deleted comments on Instagram, then it is possible with Instagram’s new feature Data Download.
- This new addition helps users to retrieve accidentally deleted messages from chats with their friends.
- Instagram does not delete messages that are Unsend from its database and they can be recovered back.
How to Recover Instagram Messages
To recover deleted Instagram direct messages without software is an easy process to attempt manually. You do not need a software to do so as Instagram has rolled out a new feature known as Data Download that helps Instagram users to recover the unsend messages. As Instagram can be accessed via mobile phones and on a PC as well, there are two ways in which you can do Instagram message recovery:
Method 1: Download Data Through Instagram App
Instagram users can operate their accounts from smartphones too. As the Data Download feature can be accessed via mobile phones too, the following steps will help you in retrieving your deleted messages:
Note: The data download process can take up to 14 days.
1. Open the Instagram app on your mobile phone and open your profile in it.
2. Now, tap on the profile icon present at the bottom right corner of your home page.
3. Next, tap on the three vertical lines at the top right corner.
4. Then, select Your activity from the list of options.
5. At the bottom, tap on Download your information.
6. Enter your email address in it and then tap on Request Download.
7. Next, type your Instagram password and tap on Next.
8. Now, tap on Done to complete the process.
Also Read: How to Perform Instagram Message Recovery
Method 2: Download Data Through Instagram Web
Just like you can use your Instagram profile from your phone on the go, you can peep in it on your browser while working too and this takes us to our main objective which is to recover deleted Instagram direct messages without software. So, to recover the deleted messages on a browser, follow the steps given below:
1. Open the browser of your choice and go to Instagram webpage.
2. Enter your username and password to Log in to your account.
3. Now, click on the profile icon and open your Profile.
4. Now, click on Edit Profile at the top.
5. Next, open Privacy and Security.
6. Scroll down to the bottom and click on Data download.
7. Next, click on Request Download.
8. Now, enter an email address, choose HTML or JSON, and click on Next.
9. Now, enter your password and select Request download.
10. You will receive the downloaded data at your email address within 14 days.
11. After receiving the data, click on the Download information option.
12. You will be redirected to the login page, enter your credentials and then click on Log in.
13. Next, click on Downloaded Information.
14. Next, unzip the downloaded file.
15. Now, open the folder and search for the comments folder.
16. If the format is HTML, your data will open in the default browser.
17. If the format is JSON, right-click on it, and select Open with to choose your default browser to recover deleted comments on Instagram.
You can also check our guide on How to Find Someone’s Comments on Instagram for more.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I instantly receive the downloaded data at my email address?
Ans. No, do not receive the information on your account immediately. The data downloaded from Instagram takes about 14 days to be received at your given email address.
Q2. What is the need to recover deleted messages on Instagram?
Ans. You can find the need to recover deleted messages on Instagram in case you have accidentally deleted them. You may also find the need to retrieve all the information to keep proof of the messages sent and received.
Q3. Can you retrieve deleted comments on Instagram?
Ans. Yes, you can retrieve deleted the comments on Instagram using the newly added feature on the platform which helps to Download your information.
Q4. Can the other person get to know if I delete messages?
Ans. If you happen to delete messages from a chat on Instagram, the other person at the end of the chat would not know about the action taken.
Q5. Why does Instagram delete my comments?
Ans. Instagram can delete comments of a user in case they have violated the rules of the platform. If your comment was inappropriate or against Instagram community guidelines, your comment can be removed.
- Fix Netflix Error 5.7 on Android
- How to Change Your Twitch Picture
- How to See What Someone Likes on Instagram
- Does Deleting Your Instagram Account Delete Direct Messages to Others?
We hope that our doc on how to recover deleted Instagram direct messages without software guided you well on the details about deleting messages and different ways to recover them manually. If you have queries or suggestions other than this, please leave them in the comments section below.