Telegram prioritizes the speed and security of its messaging service. However, if you have concerns about your account’s security or want to switch to another platform, you may want to deactivate your Telegram account. To delete your Telegram account from the website and the app, follow this guide until the end.
How to Delete Telegram Account
It is important to have control over the information you share on digital platforms, like Telegram, in this digital era. If you feel insecure and uncertain about having that information available online, you can opt to delete the Telegram account. Follow this guide to find the detailed methods explaining this process on the Telegram website and app.
To delete your Telegram account, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Telegram Delete Account page and enter the phone number linked to your Telegram account.
2. Verify the number with a confirmation code and Sign in.
3. Then, click on the Delete account option and select the desired deletion reason.
4. Click on the Delete My Account option.
5. Lastly, from the popup, click on Yes, Delete my account.
Does Telegram Delete Account Automatically?
Yes, Telegram accounts are set to self-delete after a specified time of inactivity as part of its security features. An account will be automatically deactivated along with your information and chats by Telegram after six months of inactivity. If you wish to decrease this automatic deletion time by up to a month, you should use Telegram frequently or extend the inactive period if you wish to keep your account active.
Can I Delete Telegram Account?
Yes, you can easily terminate a Telegram account from the Telegram Android/iOS app or website.
How to Delete Telegram Account? How Do I Delete My Telegram Account?
If you no longer use your Telegram account or have other reasons to close it, here is a simple guide that shows the quickest steps to terminate your Telegram account.
1. Visit the Telegram Delete Account page on any of your preferred browsers.
2. Now, enter your phone number registered to your Telegram account with the country code and click on the Next option.
3. Then, enter the confirmation code you received on your Telegram app in the given field and click on Sign In.
4. Once you get authorized, click on the Delete account link.
5. Enter your reason for leaving Telegram in the space provided and click the Delete My Account option.
6. To finally delete your account, click on the Yes, Delete my account option from the popup.
Also Read: How to Delete Telegram Group Without Admin
How Do I Delete or Deactivate Telegram?
You can’t temporarily deactivate it, but you can leave your Telegram profile inactive to deactivate the account automatically after the certain inactivity period is over.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your Telegram account.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top left corner of the screen.
3. Tap on Settings.
4. Tap on Privacy and Security.
5. Swipe down and tap on the If away for option from the Delete my account section.
6. Select the 1 month radio button interval for deleting your account.
Note: After a month of inactivity, your Telegram account will be deleted along with all of your messages and contacts.
Also Read: How to Delete YouTube Account
How to Delete Telegram Account Without Confirmation Code?
You can read and follow the steps mentioned above to deactivate your Telegram account without entering any confirmation code in the process.
How to Delete Telegram Account on iOS?
Let’s see the steps to closing your Telegram account on your iPhone:
1. Launch the Telegram app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the Settings tab from the bottom panel.
3. Tap on the Privacy and Security option.
4. Now, from the AUTOMATICALLY DELETE MY ACCOUNT section, tap on the If Away For option.
5. Tap on Delete Account Now.
6. Then, swipe down and tap on the Delete My Account option.
7. Tap on Continue and enter your phone number.
8. Verify the confirmation code you received on the phone number you entered to delete your account.
Also Read: How To Delete Instagram Account On iPhone
How to Delete Telegram Account Permanently on Android?
If you’re experiencing problems with Telegram, such as being added to random groups or encountering privacy issues, and you want to deactivate your Telegram account, here’s a simple guide to doing that.
1. Visit the Telegram Delete Account page on your Android browser.
2. Enter your phone number and tap on Next.
3. Enter the confirmation code you received and tap on Sign In.
4. Then, tap on the Delete account option.
5. Enter the deletion reason and tap on the Delete My Account option.
6. Select the Yes, Delete My Account option from the alert popup to complete the deletion of your Telegram account.
Why Won’t Telegram Let Me Delete My Account?
If you’re having trouble deactivating your Telegram account, there could be several reasons for that:
- One possibility is that you didn’t wait the necessary amount of time before attempting to delete your account.
- When using the app, you need to remain inactive for at least a month to successfully delete your account.
- Additionally, if you are the owner of active groups or channels, Telegram may not allow you to cancel your account because it could disrupt the functioning of those groups.
Note: You can ask for help from Telegram support if you’re having trouble canceling your account.
By following the step-by-step guide from this article, you can easily delete Telegram account and take control of your digital presence. Let us know in the comments section below if you have any suggestions or queries. Also, you can convey what you want to learn about next.