Are you tired of scrolling endlessly on Instagram only to end up comparing yourself with influencers and creators? If so, then maybe it is time to temporarily abstain from social media and delete Instagram account permanently on iPhone. After all, life is so much more than getting more likes and clicking the most amazing picture. So, keep on reading to know how to delete Instagram account on iPhone.
Table of Contents
How to Delete Instagram Account on iPhone
If you’re looking to get rid of your Instagram account from your iPhone, then we have good news for you. It is a straightforward process and only requires a few minutes of your busy schedule. This article covers all the methods through which you can begin your journey of social media detox. So, let us get started with things you need to know about how to delete Instagram app on iPhone.
To delete Instagram account on iPhone:
1. Open Settings of your Instagram account.
2. Select Account and tap on Delete account option.
3. Again, tap on Delete Account and reconfirm by selecting Continue Deleting Account.
Can you Delete Instagram Account and Get it Back?
No, there is no way to recover your account if you or someone using your password deleted it. You can sign up for a new account using the same email address. However, you can only use the same username if another user has not taken it already.
What Happens When you Delete Instagram Account on iPhone?
When you delete your account, all of your profile data, followers, shared media, likes, and comments are permanently deleted. Moreover, the app will not let you recover any of the deleted information.
Will you Lose your Account if you Delete Instagram?
No, your account will not be permanently deleted if you uninstall or delete the app. It will simply uninstall the app from your phone. Accordingly, your account and the data would still be safe.
Also Read: How to Split Photos into Grids for Instagram
How to Delete Instagram Account Permanently on iPhone?
There are two ways through which you can delete Instagram account permanently on iPhone. One method lets you delete it directly from the app while other requires to use the browser.
Note: Before following the steps, it is necessary to remember that this process cannot be undone. Accordingly, you will be unable to reactivate this specific account. Thus, it is recommended to back up any important data and content before deleting the account to avoid any loss of important information.
Method 1: Use Instagram App
This is the easiest and most straightforward method to delete your Instagram account. Here are the steps mentioned below:
1. Open Instagram app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on your profile icon located in the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner of the screen to open the menu.
4. Next, tap on Settings.
5. Select the Account option.
6. Choose the Delete account option from all the available options.
7. Now, tap on Delete Account to permanently delete your account.
8. Now, tap on Continue Deleting Account once the confirmation pop-up appears on the screen.
9. Choose a reason for deleting your account from the drop-down menu.
10. Re-enter your password.
11. Tap on Permanently delete my account to confirm the your decision.
Method 2: Use Safari Browser
If you are somehow unable to delete your Instagram account from the app itself, you can go for this method instead. Here is how to use the Instagram delete your account page:
1. On your iPhone, open Safari.
2. Go to the Delete Your Account page.
3. Log in to your account.
4. Using the drop-down menu, select the reason that you are choosing to delete your account.
5. Re-enter your password.
6. Click Permanently delete my account, then click again to confirm.
Following these exact same steps will answer your issue of how to delete Instagram account on iPhone within a short span of time. Keep on reading to know how to delete Instagram app on iPhone.
Also Read: How to Copy Reel Effect on Instagram
How to Uninstall and Reinstall Instagram on iPhone
Here is how to uninstall and reinstall Instagram on iPhone anytime you wish:
1. Locate the Instagram app on your iPhone.
2. Tap and hold the app.
3. Tap on the Remove App option to delete it from your iPhone.
4. Go to the App Store on your device.
5. Search for Instagram.
6. Next, tap GET to download the app on your iPhone.
7. Once the app has finished installing, tap the Instagram icon to open the app.
This sums up how to uninstall and reinstall Instagram on iPhone. After reinstalling the app, simply log in using your credentials to access your account.
How can you Permanently Delete your Instagram from iPhone?
You can follow the steps as mentioned in Method 1 to permanently delete your Instagram from iPhone.
- What Font Does Twitter Use?
- How to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages Through Facebook
- What Does Post Unavailable Mean On Instagram?
- What does FS mean on Instagram?
Summing it all up, deleting an Instagram account on iPhone is a simple process that can be accomplished in a few steps. Hope this article pushed your knowledge ahead on how to delete Instagram account on iPhone. Leave your other queries and suggestions in the comments section below.