Windows Restore Point is a great way to repair a corrupt system back to its operating state. It is extremely handy when you are stuck with Windows and cannot do anything. Despite such crucial benefits, it should be noted that this feature consumes a lot of storage. So, it is a great idea to learn how to delete repair point in Windows 11 if everything is working fine and you need to free up storage. Continue reading this article to know more.
How to Delete Restore Point in Windows 11
If you are not in tech and gadgets, then chances are that you might not know everything about Windows Restore Point. In this case, worry not, as we have come up with this article. It contains all the necessary information you need to know, including what Windows repair points do.
What does Windows Restore Point Do?
For those who are unaware, Windows System Restore is a tool engineered to protect and repair the software of your device. What this does is it takes a snapshot of the Windows registry and system files. It then saves all these things as repair points.
So, when the installation process fails, or data becomes corrupt, Microsoft Windows System Restore pt. repairs everything back to its working condition. It does so by rolling back the saved files and settings and prevents you from reinstalling the OS.
Can I Delete Restore Points Windows 11?
Yes, you can delete repair points in Windows 11.
How to Delete Restore Point
Here are the steps you must follow to learn how to delete repair point in Windows 11. So let us begin.
1. Press the Windows + I keys combination to open Settings on your Windows 11 laptop.
2. From the System section, scroll down to the bottom and click on About.
3. Next, click on the System protection option from the Related links section.
4. Click on the Configure… option.
5. Finally, click on the Delete option present next to Delete all restore points for this drive.
6. Click on Continue from the popup to confirm the action.
Is Restore Point Important?
Yes, repair points are an essential part of your PC. The device primarily uses it for OS-related files. Most importantly, it becomes extremely handy and crucial in the case of system corruption or failed Windows updates.
Is It OK to Delete Restore Points?
- How to Add and Remove Someone from Instagram Group Chat
- How to Reset GizmoWatch 2
- How to use System Restore on Windows 10
- 16 Settings You Should Change to Protect Your Privacy in Windows 11
We hope that you learned about how to delete restore point in Windows 11. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.