When it comes to building a domain name and web hosting, GoDaddy comes to mind first and foremost. However, often users choose to cancel GoDaddy hosting and keep domain names instead. After purchasing and registering, you do get the option to cancel domain renewal. So, whether you’re transitioning, no longer need a domain, or seeking a different provider, this guide outlines how to delete GoDaddy domain in a step-wise manner.
How to Delete GoDaddy Domain
This service was started in 1997 by Bob Parsons; back then, it was unknown what it meant. But now, everybody has heard or seen the GoDaddy advertisements on TV and in the newspapers. With the help of GoDaddy, you can create your website and register/purchase a or contact its help center if you have any doubts.
However, before deciding to shift to a different platform, you must understand Difference between Domain and Hosting Then, follow the given steps to delete GoDaddy domain permanently:
1. Visit the GoDaddy website on your browser and click on Sign In from the top right corner, as shown below.
2. Then, click on Sign In to get to the sign in page.
3. Enter your Username or Customer # and Password and click on Sign In.
4. In the Domains section, click on Manage for the desired domain, as shown below.
5. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the Delete domain option from the Additional settings section.
6. Select the Yes, I consent to delete the selected domains box and then click on Continue.
The selected domains will get successfully deleted.
Also Read: Top 20 Best Domain Name Generators
How to Cancel GoDaddy Domain Renewal?
Let’s see how to cancel GoDaddy Domain renewal to avoid further charges on your account:
1. Visit the GoDaddy website on any web browser and click on Sign In from the top right corner, as shown below.
2. Click on Account Settings > Renewals & Billing option from the drop-down menu.
3. Select desired product/service and click on Cancel Renewal option.
5. Click on Delete my product.
6. Then, mark the acknowledge checkbox and click on Send Email from the subsequent popup.
7. Next, open the received mail from GoDaddy and click on Yes, I want to Delete!
8. You will be redirected again to the Renewals and Billing page. Here, click on Delete product to confirm the process.
Also Read: How to Delete Weebly Website
How to Contact GoDaddy Domain Help Center?
Following are the steps through which you can contact GoDaddy domain help center:
1. Navigate to the GoDaddy Help Center page.
2. Then, choose any one of the following options:
- Call Us
- Text Us
- Chat Now
3. Then convey and explain your problem to the GoDaddy support team.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I Cancel My GoDaddy Domain Anytime?
Ans. Yes, you can cancel your GoDaddy domain at any time, but your data and content will be automatically deleted.
Q2. Can I Cancel GoDaddy Domain and Get Refund?
Ans. Yes, you can cancel the GoDaddy domain and get a refund if you no longer needed that domain. In your GoDaddy account, there is a Manage Your Domain section from which you can cancel your domain and request a refund from the refund link.
Q3. Can I Cancel GoDaddy Domain Renewal?
Ans. Yes, you can cancel your GoDaddy domain renewal if you no longer need it. Simply, go to the GoDaddy Renewal & Billing page to cancel it.
Q4. Can I Cancel GoDaddy Hosting and Keep Domain?
Ans. Yes, you can cancel GoDaddy hosting and keep the domain only if your domain name is not associated with the hosting account; otherwise, your domain will be automatically canceled. Also, your hosting account and domain name should be linked with a different email ID if you want to cancel your hosting and keep your domain name.
Q5. Can I Delete GoDaddy Domain Permanently?
Yes, you can delete GoDaddy domain whenever you want; there is no restriction.
Recommended: 17 Best Free Domain and Hosting Sites
We hope that you learned how to delete GoDaddy domain. Feel free to contact us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what topic you want to learn about in our next article.