Instagram’s group conversation feature allows users to chat and share messages and audio/videos with multiple people at once. It creates a shared space for friends and family to interact and stay connected in a more engaging way. Let’s find out how to create a group chat on Instagram and learn how many people you can add to it.
How to Create Group Chat on Instagram
The IG group feature allows you to communicate easily with a large group of people, making it an ideal platform for organizing events, sharing information, and staying in touch with loved ones. This guide will cover the benefits of group chat and provide a step-by-step method to create a group chat on Instagram.
Below are the steps explaining how you can create a group chat on the IG app:
1. Open the Instagram app and go to your direct messages by tapping the airplane icon in the top right corner of your screen.
2. Tap on the pencil icon in the top right corner to create a new message.
3. Select the users you want to include in your group chat by tapping on their profiles.
4. After selecting your group members, tap on Create group chat.
5. Name your group chat by typing in a desired name at the top of your screen.
What is a Group on Instagram?
On Instagram, a group conversation is a feature that allows users to communicate with a group of people in a private Direct Message (DM). Once the conversation is created, you can send newsfeed posts, vanishing images, and videos to the group without having to follow or be followed by each user individually. Group chat on Instagram is similar to group conversations on other messaging apps like WhatsApp, where you can send a message to the entire group, and everyone in it will receive it.
Can You Create a Private Group on Instagram?
Yes. The IG groups you create are private as no one outside this group can access the messages and content shared.
Is There a Limit to Instagram Group Chats? How Many People Can be Added in an Instagram Group? What is the Limit for Instagram Group Chats?
Yes, Instagram allows you to start a group conversation with 2 to 250 people. Instagram group discussions can have up to 250 participants, and you may exchange posts, videos, audio, photographs, messages, and links with all of these people, as well as make video calls to them.
Additionally, Instagram Groups allows you to hold a group chat on Instagram for up to 250 participants via Facebook Messenger Rooms. While an Instagram group chat can accommodate an unlimited number of participants, only 32 people can be included in your group in one go.
What are Instagram Group Chat Features?
These are the features of an Instagram group chat:
- Send videos, images, voice messages, text messages, links, and files to others
- Create a group video call with up to 250 participants
- Use group chat to connect with family, friends, or customers for a more tailored experience
- Join Support Groups to connect with others going through similar experiences and get help
- Share content and change your chat group’s theme
- React to messages with any emoji and add effects to your texts
- Send moving selfie stickers or avatars
- Respond by swiping the message
Can You Add More Than 32 People to a Group Chat?
Yes, you can add participants from 2 to 250 people. However, you can only add 32 people at once to a group. But in total, 250 people can be added to the IG group chat.
What are the Uses of Instagram Group Chats?
Below are some of the uses of IG group chats:
- Groups facilitate relationships, including support groups for those going through similar experiences
- Use the function to send messages to multiple people or make video calls
- Send moving selfie stickers or avatars and respond with a simple swipe
- You can also unsend a message by long-pressing and selecting Unsend Message
- Share content and change your chat group’s theme, react to messages with emojis, and include effects in your texts
How to Create an Instagram Group? How to Create a Group Chat on Instagram?
Two to three persons are required to form an Instagram group. Let’s now dive into how to create a group chat on Instagram:
Note: Make sure you are logged into your IG account.
2. Tap on the Messenger icon from the top right corner of the home tab.
3. Tap on the Pencil edit icon from the top right corner.
4. Select the desired IG profiles to add to the group and tap on Create group chat.
5. Then, enter the desired group name in the top field and tap on the checkmark icon from the keyboard.
6. Now, you can start messaging through the Messages… text box and enjoy various group features already mentioned in this article.
Through this guide, you may have learned how easy it is to learn how to create group chat on Instagram and add as many people as you want. Drop your queries and suggestions in the comments section below and stay tuned for more informative articles!