Cache stored on the browser helps you browse faster. But over time, these temporary files may get corrupt and slow down the browsing speed. Similarly, a cookie is a piece of information from a website that is saved in a web browser for subsequent retrieval by the website. Cookies let a server know whether a user has revisited a specific webpage. But, third-party cookies can impact your privacy. So, you should know how to clear cache and cookies on Microsoft Edge and the reasons to do so. So, please keep reading to learn about it.
Table of Contents
How to Clear Cache and Cookies on Microsoft Edge
Some sites may open slowly when you clear the cache, but it will enhance privacy. The steps to clear the cache on the discussed web browser are given below:
1. Open the Microsoft Edge browser on your PC.
2. Now, click on the three-dotted icon from the upper-right corner of the screen.
3. From the drop-down menu, choose Settings.
4. After that, click on the Privacy, search, and services option from the left pane.
5. Next, for the Clear browsing data section, click on Choose what to clear.
6. Now, choose the desired time range from the Time range drop-down menu option.
Note: We have chosen the Last hour in the image illustrated below.
7. Select the desired checkboxes for which you do not have to clear the cache.
- Browsing history
- Download history
- Cookies and other site data
- Cached images and files
8. Lastly, click on Clear now.
Also Read: How to Clear Cache on Samsung TV
How to Automatically Clear Cache on Microsoft Edge
If you dislike doing things manually, go for this method. Once you toggle on cached images and files and browsing history, all the temporary files will get deleted automatically. So, refer to the steps listed below to learn how to clear the cache in Microsoft Edge:
1. First, open Microsoft Edge.
2. Click on the three-dotted icon > Settings option.
3. Now, click on Privacy, search, and services > Choose what to clear every time you close the browser.
4. Turn on the toggles for the Browsing history and Cached images and files options, as shown.
Note: Once you toggle on these two options, it will automatically clear cache and browsing history whenever you close the Microsoft Edge on your Windows.
How to Delete Cookies in Microsoft Edge
Cookies enhance your user experience by saving browsing information; because of the saved info, you do not have to select your preferences again. But you should delete it if you share your device with others. Moreover, outdated cookies can create issues when you visit the updated site. To learn how to delete cookies in Microsoft Edge, keep reading further.
Option I: Delete All Cookies
To delete all cookies in the discussed web browser, refer to the steps listed mentioned below:
1. Open Microsoft Edge on your PC.
2. Now, press Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys to open Clear browsing data windows.
3. Choose a Time range from the drop-down list.
4. After that, only select the checkbox for the Cookies and other site data option.
5. Click on Clear now to delete all the cookies for your selected time range.
Option II: From a Specific Site
If you notice a decrease in browser performance after visiting a dubious website, you can remove the cookies for that specific site. Moreover, if the antivirus software on your PC flags a cookie, you should remove it. Apart from this, you can delete third-parties cookies as they can leave you vulnerable. The steps to perform the same on your PC are given below:
1. Launch Microsoft Edge and click on the three-dotted icon.
2. Click on Settings.
3. Now, select the Cookies and site permission tab from the left pane.
4. Here, click on Manage and delete cookies and site data.
5. Then, click on See all cookies and site data.
6. Here, click on the drop-down arrow from the desired site for which you want to delete the cookies.
7. Finally, click on the Delete icon.
Option III: Every Time You Close Edge
It is another method that will delete the cookies every time you close the browser. It is for everyone who wants to save time and does not have a personal device. Refer to the steps mentioned below to learn how to delete cookies in Microsoft Edge automatically:
1. Navigate to the Microsoft Edge settings page.
2. Now, click on Privacy, search, and services > Choose what to clear every time you close the browser.
3. After that, turn on the toggle for the Cookies and other site data option.
Should I Clear Cache on Edge?
Yes, you should clear the cache on the browser because of the following reasons:
- The cache stored on the browser may get outdated because the websites update the information regularly. And when the browser loads outdated data, you cannot view the most up-to-date information.
- The temporary files can also get corrupt.
- It will free up space and enhance your browsing experience.
- Apart from this, it will enhance privacy.
- 9 Ways to Fix Apex Legends No Servers Found Error
- How to Export Contacts from Gmail
- How to Clear Spotify Cache in Windows 10
- [GUIDE] Reset Microsoft Edge to Default Settings
We hope you learned how to clear cache and cookies on Microsoft Edge. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.