If you are looking to buy land, properties to stay in, or to invest in for future returns on real estate, you might want to know the land owner’s name and other related details. The best method to find it is by using the free online address lookup tools; let’s see how.
Table of Contents
How to Check Land Owner Name Online
Although there is no direct way to check the name of the landowner of a property, there are various tools available that can help you obtain this information. While some of these tools are free, others require a fee to display search results. Below are some recommended software you can use to find land registration details online by name.
Note: The accuracy of the information may not be guaranteed. Therefore, it is advisable to cross-check and verify all the details you receive from other sources.
Method 1: Using Whitepages
Finding the landowner is easy by utilizing the widely popular people search website, Whitepages.
1. Go to the official website of Whitepages on your browser.
2. Click the REVERSE ADDRESS tab to reverse search an address.
3. In the search bar, type in the property address and city, state, or ZIP.
4. Next, click on Search and wait for the search results.
Method 2: Using Intelius
You can also use another people-finding website to check the land owner’s name and property details online, known as Intelius, which offers free results.
1. Visit the official website of Intelius on a web browser.
2. Enter the street address and the city name in the respective fields.
3. Select a State from the drop-down of Select state.
4. Finally, click on SEARCH and you will get the owner info in no time.
Also Read: How to Survey Land with a Smartphone
Method 3: Using Spokeo
Among other options, Spokeo is not a free tool and will charge you to provide you with the search results to check the landowner’s name online.
1. Open the official website of Spokeo Property Owner Lookup on a web browser.
2. Type in the property address in the field Enter a Street Address.
3. Click on SEARCH NOW.
Method 4: Using Ownerly
Ownerly is a popular tool to find find land registration details by name.
1. Go to the Ownerly website on a web browser.
2. In the SEARCH AN ADDRESS text field, enter the address you want to look up.
3. Click on SEARCH.
Also Read: How To Remove Yourself From Whitepages
Can You Do a Reverse Address Search of Property?
Yes, you can do a reverse address search of any property. The simplest way of doing so is using the Google search engine, which is the most powerful tool for your search needs. Also, with the help of Google Street View technology, you can have a three-dimensional, 360-degree view of the property and its surroundings. Here is how to reverse address search property to check the land owner’s name online:
1. Go to the Google search box, and type in the address in the search bar. Then, hit Enter.
2. Now, the top search results will provide you with any information regarding the property address.
Note: You will get the location of the address on Google Maps.
3. Now, to get a panoramic 360-degree view around the address, click on Street View.
4. Finally, you can adjust the zoom level, and move forward or backward if you want a closer look.
Also Read: 22 Best Home Rental Sites
How to Search State-Wise Land Records Online by Name
In addition to checking property details online by name, you have the option to search land records state-wise. This involves visiting the official website of your state and locating the desired information. Follow the detailed steps below to find land records online by name:
Note: Each state maintains its own official websites dedicated to searching for the required land records.
1. Visit the official website of your state and look for the Bhulekh or similar option and click on it.
2. Provide the necessary details requested on the website, including the name.
3. Enter the security code or captcha if prompted.
Note: The land record details will be displayed on your screen.
4. If there is a download option available, click on it to save the document for future reference.
Are there any Free Address Finders?
Yes, other than the tools mentioned above, certain tools let you find land registration details by name for free. Some of them are listed below:
- Melissa Lookups: It is a popular tool within which you can perform a reverse address search.
- ZabaSearch: It is a free lookup tool that allows you to search for an address and fetch information about the property and owner. However, it also offers paid plans to let you access more information about your search.
- TruePeopleSearch: It is a convenient app to conduct a reverse address lookup for free. It may have temporarily stopped providing its services, due to which you may see an Access Denied message on opening the website.
We hope that this guide has helped you learn how to check land owner name online. Keep visiting our page for cool tips and tricks. Also, don’t forget to leave your comments below if you have any queries or suggestions.