Privacy and security is a necessity.
With platforms like Instagram being a hub for social interactions, it is important to ensure that only authorized devices have access to your account.
One security measure that you can take is to check your login history periodically to ensure that no logins have been made from unapproved devices.
So, how do you do all these? We’ll guide you in today’s blog, let’s begin.
How to Check and Remove Instagram Login Devices on Mobile App
It can be a security threat if you have ever logged in to your Instagram account from a device belonging to someone else and forgot to log out.
Now there is an option to monitor the login activity and remove such devices to avoid security breaches.
1. Open Instagram, move to the profile page and tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner.
2. Tap Settings and privacy, then Accounts Center, and select Password and security.
3. Select your Instagram account and tap on Where you’re logged in to see the complete list of devices.
4. Tap on your account, select the device you want to remove, and tap on Log out.
Also Read: How to Delete Login Activity on Instagram
How to View and Remove Recent Instagram Logins on PC
Follow the steps to check the recent Instagram logins on your PC:
1. Visit the Instagram web version and click on the three horizontal lines in the bottom left corner.
2. Click on Settings and then on Accounts Center.
3. Move to the Password and security tab and click on Where you’re logged in.
4. Select your account, then the device you want to log out from and click on Log out.
How to Enable Login Requests
Login requests add a security layer that notifies you when someone tries to log in to your account from a new device or location.
Instagram will send a notification to your phone asking you to approve to deny the request.
Option 1: On Android and iPhone
1. Open Instagram, and on your profile page, tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner.
2. Tap on Settings and privacy, followed by Accounts Center.
3. Select Password and security and then click on Two-factor Authentication.
4. Tap on your account, and select your preferred security method.
5. Tap on Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
Also Read: Fix Instagram Suspicious Login Attempt
Option 2: On PC
1. Open Instagram and navigate to the Password and security menu, in Account Center.
2. Click on Two-factor authentication, select your account, and then your preferred security method.
3. Now follow the on-screen instructions to enable login requests.
How to Log Out of Instagram on All Devices
For security purposes, it is better to log in to your Instagram account on only one device at a time.
If required, you can easily log out of other devices or all devices as per your preference.
Method 1: Via Settings
You can follow the steps given under the How to Check and Remove Instagram Login Devices on Mobile App section in this article and repeat them to log out of your account from all devices.
Method 2: Change Password
You can easily change the password of your Instagram account. Doing so will log out of your account from all other devices.
1. Open Instagram, navigate to the Settings and privacy menu, and tap on Accounts Center.
2. Tap on Password and security, followed by Change password under Login & recovery.
3. Select your account, set up a new password, and finally click on Change Password.
Method 3: Remove Login Screen
If you remove a profile from the current device, it will be removed from all other devices as well.
1. Firstly, log out from the Instagram app.
2. Now that you are on the login screen, tap on the Settings icon, and then on your account username.
3. Tap on Remove Profile.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is an Instagram Login Activity?
Ans. Instagram login activity lets you know about the devices on which your IG account has been logged in at some point in time.
Q2. Does Instagram Send Notification when Accessed from Another Device?
Ans. No, if you remove an account from any device, there are no notifications that are sent out.
Q3. Why Does Instagram Say You Are Logged in Somewhere Else?
Ans. The prompt appears if your Instagram account is logged in on multiple devices and even more when the locations are drastically different.
We hope our guide helped you check your Instagram login devices.
If you have any queries or suggestions, do let us know in the comments section, and stay connected to TechCult for more insightful guides like this.