Changing your password on Facebook Messenger is a simple process that ensures the security of your conversations and personal information. It is advisable to regularly update your Messenger password. In this guide, we will show you some methods that will help you to change your Facebook Messenger password on Android.
Table of Contents
How To Change Facebook Messenger Password
Facebook Messenger is a useful tool for staying connected with your loved ones through text messages and calls. It’s even more convenient if you have linked your phone number to Messenger, as it allows you to easily start conversations with close friends and family. However, you might want to add an extra layer of security by setting an updated password for your private chats. If you’re unsure how to do this, don’t worry! Just keep reading our guide and we’ll show you how.
You can change the Messenger Password via PC as well as your smartphone. Here’s how.
Method 1: Change Messenger Password on PC
To change your Messenger password from the web version of Facebook, follow these steps:
1. Go to Facebook and click on your Profile Picture on the top right. Then, click on Setting & privacy.
2. In the Settings & privacy tab, click on Settings.
3. Click on the Accounts Centre section under Settings.
4. Now, open Password and security.
5. Next, click on Change password.
6. Choose the account whose password you wish to change.
7. Enter the Current and the New password in the respective text boxes and then press the Change Password button.
You can choose to log out or remain logged in on your other devices.
Method 2: Change Facebook Messenger Password on Android
We would like to tell you that the steps to change the Facebook Messenger password are different for Android and iOS. Follow the steps given below to change your Facebook messenger password on Android.
1. Open the Facebook Messenger app on your Android Device and tap on the three-line icon in the top left corner.
2. Now click on the Settings icon.
3. Scroll down and tap on Password and security.
4. Again, tap on Password and security.
5. Next, tap on Change password.
6. Now enter the current and new password in the respective text boxes and tap on the Change password button at the bottom.
You can stay logged in on your other devices if you want.
How Many Times You Can Change FB Messenger Password?
For security reasons Facebook lets you request a new password only a few times in a single day. You’ve to wait 24 hours before trying to reset your password again if you have reached this limit.
By following the steps given above, you can now change your Facebook Messenger password with ease. Whether you’re using an Android device or any other platform, safeguarding your conversations is crucial. Stay one step ahead of potential threats and enjoy a worry-free messaging experience on Facebook Messenger.