One billion people use the popular social media app Facebook each month. A new story or post is added every second. The app adds thousands of new users each day. Facebook is extremely popular among people of all age groups, from pre-teens to the aged, because it enables them to stay connected and share life experiences. Are you a Facebook user who wants to stay connected to your family and friends online and wonder how to change Facebook password without old password? Or how to find out what your password is for Facebook? If you are someone looking for more information related to Facebook, we are bringing you a helpful guide that will resolve all your doubts, like why do you keep getting reset password emails and how to recover your Facebook password without email and phone number.
- How to Change Facebook Password without Old Password
- How Do You Find Out What Your Password is for Facebook?
- Does Facebook Send Emails about Password Changes?
- Why Do You Keep Getting Reset Password Emails?
- Why are You being Asked to Change Your Facebook Password?
- How to Change Facebook Password without Old Password?
- How Can You Recover Your Facebook Password without Email and Phone Number?
- Why are People Trying to Reset Your Password?
- Can a Hacker Change Your Password?
- Can Someone Else Change Your Email Password?
- What to Do If You Get a Password Reset Email You Didn’t Request?
How to Change Facebook Password without Old Password
Read this article till the end to learn the steps to change Facebook password without old password in a detailed manner using the pictures for a better understanding.
There is no such option on either the Facebook app or official website to see what is your current password on Facebook. But there are a few indirect but working methods to find out your current Facebook Password. Most of us use Google Chrome to use Facebook online and often save passwords in Google Chrome for easy login. So, if you have forgotten your current Facebook password and you don’t want to reset it, you can find out your current password if you have saved your Facebook password in Google Chrome earlier.
1. Launch the Google Chrome application on your phone.
2. Tap on the three-dotted icon from the top right corner of your screen.
3. Now, swipe down and tap on Settings.
4. Swipe down and tap on the Passwords.
5. Tap on the search icon from the top right of your screen and search for Facebook.
6. From the search results, tap on the facebook.com option to open up the Edit password menu.
7. Tap on the eye icon option next to the password to find out what your password is for Facebook.
8. Verify your identity by entering the password or scanning the fingerprints to see your current Facebook password.
Also Read: How to Delete a GIF on Facebook Comment
Yes. Whenever you forgot your Facebook password and you request Facebook for a password reset, Facebook sends you a confirmation email to the email address or mobile number connected to your Facebook account. Also, a second email is also sent telling you that the password has changed.
Whenever you request Facebook for a password reset because you have forgotten your password or due to security reasons, Facebook sends you a confirmation email to the email address connected to your Facebook account. It may happen if someone else attempted to log in to your account. It could frequently happen if you have a popular username or email address. No need to worry about these emails because your account will continue to be secure as long as you don’t click the link to reset your password.
It can result from a typo or a hacker attempting to access your account. The confirmation email contains a link that you may use to reset your Facebook password. So, you should not click on that link if you have not requested a password change.
If you want to change your Facebook password without old password, follow the upcoming steps.
1. Visit the Facebook website on your browser Log in to your account with your email or phone number and password.
2. Now, click on the profile icon from the top right corner of your screen.
3. Click on the Settings & privacy option.
4. Then, click on Settings.
5. Click on the Security and login option from the left pane, as shown below.
6. Now, click on the Edit option next to Change password to change your Facebook password.
7. Click on Forgot Password?
8. Now, mark the Send code via email radio button and click on Continue.
Note: You can also mark the Send code via SMS radio button if you have access you the mentioned mobile number.
9. Enter security code you received in your mail account and click on Continue.
10. Then, enter a new password you have created.
11. Click on Continue, as shown above, to change the FB password.
Also Read: How to Change Your Password on Instagram
You can recover your Facebook account without email and phone number if you have forgotten the password. Follow the steps below to do that:
1. Open the desired browser on your smartphone.
2. Visit the Facebook Log In page and tap on Forgotten password?
3. Type the mobile number linked with your old account and tap on Search.
4. Tap on Try Another Way.
5. Now, tap on No longer have access to these? as shown.
6. Tap on the I cannot access my email account option.
7. Now, type your New email address twice and tap on Continue.
8. Type your Full name, attach an ID proof, and tap on Send.
Note: ID proof must be official proof such as a passport, driver’s license, or any other official ID in English.
Within one or two business days, you will receive an email to recover the account. Follow the instructions mentioned in the email to recover your account with a new password.
Also Read: How to Recover Deleted Facebook Posts
Let’s see why people try to reset your password for any social media or online account.
- People, especially hackers, try to reset your password and they keep sending you password reset emails to get into your account with malicious intent in mind.
- If a password reset request is repeatedly made by hackers, they might be able to get access to your Facebook account or email account which could be used by hackers to send malware, phishing emails, or malicious website links.
- Also, once they have access to your account, they have access to your personal information, which they could use unethically for their own benefit.
If you unexpectedly receive a Facebook password reset email, it’s likely that someone else attempted to log in to your account. So, you should just ignore all the password reset emails from Facebook that you didn’t request and your account will remain safe. No need to worry about these emails because your account will continue to be secure as long as you don’t click the link to reset your password from those emails.
No, hackers can’t change your Facebook account password even if they have gained access to your Facebook account. They will also need access to your email or phone number to reset the password successfully.
No, someone else can’t change your email password. But if someone has access to your email account or phone number, they can change your password easily.
You don’t have to worry about these emails because your account will continue to be secure as long as you don’t click the link to reset your password from those reset emails requesting a password reset.
- How to Change Email on Amazon
- What Happens When You Deactivate Instagram?
- How to Delete Facebook Account Without Password
- How to Reset Your SoundCloud Password
So, we hope you have understood how to change Facebook password without old password with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.