Over the years, Gmail has become an indispensable tool for everyone. It lets you stay connected to your peers by sending email messages, documents, and images within a few seconds only. Nonetheless, you may encounter the everlasting fear of losing everything crucial to your organization. This is why you need to learn how to backup Gmail. Luckily, this article covers everything such as why you need to backup Gmail to make sure to read till the end.
How to Backup Gmail
It is quite common for people to overlook the importance of creating backups of their Gmail or other apps. But imagine how heartbreaking it would be if one day you lost access to all your data and files, and everything becomes a long-lost memory. Here are other reasons why you need to backup Gmail. The list includes:
- You are discontinuing a specific Google account.
- You are switching jobs and need to move all your digital stuff without risking it temporarily.
- Creating a backup also helps you keep everything safe and combat fishing attacks like a pro.
- Regular backups also let you clear storage space and prevent you from paying for more.
To backup your Gmail data, here is what you can do:
1. Go to the official Google Account website and login to your account.
2. Go to Privacy & personalization settings to export your Gmail email data.
Can I Backup My Gmail Emails?
Yes, you can create a backup of your Gmail emails by exporting and downloading everything. This will keep all your files safe and secured from online attacks such as Ransomware attacks or phishing attempts and will also make files easily accessible on other devices. A few of you who were wondering can I backup my Gmail emails might be surprised to read this answer.
How to Create Gmail Backup
If you want to get the most out of your Gmail account, you need to know how to create Gmail Backup. The steps mentioned below are easy to follow and beginner friendly. So let us get started.
1. Go to the official Gmail website.
2. Enter your Email or phone and click on Next.
3. Now enter your Password.
4. Click on Privacy & personalization.
5. Scroll down and select Download your data under Download or delete your data.
6. Select everything you wish to include and click on the Next step.
7. From the following sections select the options that suit your requirement.
- Destination in Transfer to
- File type & size
8. Finally, click on Create Export.
Now, Gmail will begin creating an export. You can also cancel the current export or create another one if you change your mind. Now that you know how to backup Gmail, let’s discuss how you can permanently save your Gmail emails.
Also Read: How to Export Contacts from Gmail
How do I Permanently Save Gmail Emails?
Below we have mentioned the easy steps that will assist you in permanently saving Gmail emails.
1. Go to Gmail and sign in to log into your account.
2. Click on the mail you want to save for offline use.
3. Next, click on three vertical dots at the right-hand side of the screen.
4. Now select the Download message option from the menu.
- Best Android Apps on Google Play Store
- How to Restore Whatsapp Backup From Google Drive to iPhone
- How to Enable Gmail Dark Mode on Windows 10
- How to Fix Gmail Signature Images Not Displaying Issue
Backing up your important emails and data can give you peace of mind. And we hope this guide has equipped you with the knowledge of how to backup Gmail. In case you have any other questions or suggestions for us, feel free to drop them in the comments section below.