Gmail signatures are a convenient way to add a personal touch to your email communications, including images and logos that represent your brand or individual style. However, it can be frustrating when Gmail signature images do not display correctly in your emails. This issue may affect the professionalism and impact of your email communications. In this guide, we’ll explore common causes behind Gmail signature images not displaying and provide you with practical solutions to resolve this problem. Let’s dive into troubleshooting and ensure that your Gmail signatures are visually appealing and functional in all your email communications.
How to Fix Gmail Signature Images Not Displaying Issue
There can be various reasons for the image not loading in Gmail signatures. Some of the most common reasons for this issue are mentioned below.
- An unsupported image file format can cause this issue.
- Various browser errors can also cause this issue.
- Incorrect signature selection can also result in a signature not visible error.
- Improper formatting and the plain text setting are also associated with this error.
- Improper upload of an image signature can also lead to this error.
- An improper Google sharing permission for an image on your Google Drive.
- An incorrect image URL is also a possible reason for this error.
Method 1: Use Different Image Format
1. Search Paint in the Windows Search Bar to open it.
2. Click on File option and open the file to be edited.
3. Click on File again and hover the mouse pointer on Save as option as depicted below.
4. Click on the image format that you want to convert it to.
Method 2: Try Incognito Mode or Different Browser to Add Image
Another simple method to fix the picture not showing in Gmail signature issue is to use Gmail and try to upload your signature in the incognito mode of your browser. Simply press Ctrl + Shift + N keys together to do the same.
You can also try to use a different browser to access your Gmail account and fix Gmail signature images not showing temporarily.
Method 3: Select Correct Signature
If you have created more than one signature on your Gmail account, you can choose one of the signatures each time you write an email. Sometimes, if one of the signatures is not uploaded properly, you may have an image not loading in Gmail signature. Therefore, it is important to select the correct signature while sending an email from Gmail.
1. Open your Gmail account on your device.
2. Click on Compose to write a new email.
3. In the New Message mailbox, locate and click on the Pencil or Edit icon.
4. Select the correct signature.
Method 4: Remove Formatting
One of the common reasons for the Gmail signature images not showing up is formatting issues with Gmail signatures. If there is any formatting that is not supported by Gmail, your signature may not be visible to the recipient of the mail. You can remove formatting by following these simple steps.
1. Open your Gmail account on your computer.
2. From the top-right corner, locate and click on the Settings icon.
3. Click on See all settings as shown.
4. Click on Signature, and select your signature as depicted below.
5. Click on the drop-down icon, and then click on the Remove formatting icon.
Also Read: How to Restore Deleted Draft in Gmail
Method 5: Delete and Re-add Image
If the signature image does not load properly, you may be unable to see it in emails and experience image not loading in this issues. One of the easiest methods to fix the Gmail signature images not showing issue is to delete and re-add the image.
1. Follow steps 1–3 of the previous method to access all settings on Gmail.
2. Locate the signature options, and select the problematic signature.
3. Click on the Delete signature icon, and then Delete it by clicking on the trash icon shown highlighted.
4. Now, click on the Insert Image icon to re-add an image.
Method 6: Use Correct Image Link
If you are using a signature image with the image link, make sure you are using the correct image URL to avoid the not displaying issue. If the image URL has been changed from the source, the image may not be visible in emails. Therefore, make sure the image URL is correct to avoid the picture not showing in Gmail signature.
1. Follow steps 1-3 from Method 4 to access all settings on Gmail.
2. Locate the Signature options.
3. Click on the Insert image icon and navigate to the Web Address (URL).
4. Lastly, paste the signature link in the Paste an image URL here field.
Method 7: Turn Off Plain Text Mode
If the previous method does not help with this issue and the issue persists, you can also try to turn off plain text mode in your mail. You can follow these simple steps to turn off plain text mode in your Gmail account to avoid the picture not showing in this issue.
1. Open your Gmail account.
2. Locate and click on Compose.
3. Locate and click on the More options icon.
4. Here, uncheck the Plain text mode option.
Method 8: Use Proper Google Sharing Permissions (If Applicable)
If you used Google Drive to insert the signature image, this problem may occur due to insufficient image-sharing permissions on Google Drive. Using proper Google sharing permissions, follow these simple steps to fix image not loading in Gmail signature:
1. Open Google Drive, then select the Gmail signature image.
2. Click More actions and then Share.
3. In the General access section, click on the drop-down icon shown highlighted below.
4. Click on Anyone with the link, and then click Done to save these changes.
5. Copy the image URL and paste it in the Paste an image URL here option, and click on the Select option.
Method 9: Host Image Online and Use it in Signature
To avoid the URL and image not loading in Gmail signature issues with your Gmail signature, you can use various online image hosting websites such as ImgBox, PostImage, ImageShack, and such to host your image and then copy the link to upload as your Gmail signature.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why can’t I see my signature in the email?
Ans. There can be various reasons for this issue, such as incorrect signature formatting or incorrect Google sharing permissions.
Q2. Can I add images as my signature on Gmail?
Ans. Yes, Gmail allows you to upload or use an image URL to create a Gmail signature with an image.
Q3. What should I do if I don’t see my signature on Gmail?
Ans. You can attempt to fix this issue by clearing the formatting of your signature or by using Gmail in incognito mode.
Q4. What are Gmail signatures?
Ans. Gmail signature is an important tool, this allows users to sign their emails with personalized signatures.
Q5. How do I create my Gmail signature?
Ans. You can create a Gmail signature by navigating to all settings and then Signatures.
We hope that with the help of this guide, you were able to learn how to fix Gmail Signature Images not displaying issue. If you have any queries or, suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.