Instagram has become a popular platform for sharing photos, and adding personalized text and captions can make your posts even more appealing. Although there isn’t a built-in photo editing option for this, our guide can help you easily add text to your Instagram photos, making your posts stand out.
Table of Contents
How to Add Text to Instagram Photo
Text can be a powerful tool to complement your visuals and convey your message. By placing text on your photos, you can add context, captions, quotes, or even call-to-actions. Incorporate text into your Instagram photos and create a unique, engaging experience for your followers.
Can You Add Text to Instagram Photos?
Yes, you can add text to Instagram photos. Sometimes adding text to your Instagram photo feels necessary because the photo alone fails to convey your message to the audience. The text defines your brand and helps you to catch more attention from viewers. Two methods, that we have discussed below, can be used to add text to Instagram photos. You can follow the steps given in these methods:
Method 1: Using Instagram Story to Add Text
Adding text to Instagram photos can be done easily through Instagram Story. The people who regularly post stories have probably seen the text tool at the top. The Aa icon is the text tool that we are going to use to add text to Instagram photos.
1. Open Instagram and swipe right to open the story feature.
2. Capture a snap using Instagram.
3. Once you have clicked the picture. Tap on the Aa text icon from the top of the screen.
4. Add the text you want to have on your Instagram photo.
5. Now tap on the three horizontal dots from the top right corner and tap on Save.
6. Now tap on the back button once and then from the Discard edit window tap on Discard.
7. Now go back to the Instagram Homepage and tap on the plus icon from the bottom of the screen.
8. From the gallery select the post you have saved, in which you added the text, and begin with the posting process.
9. You can add Filters according to your preferences. Move forward by tapping on the right arrow icon at the top right corner.
10. Fill out the details you want to add to your photo and finally tap on the right Arrow button to post it on Instagram.
This is a long method but it is quite simple and takes only a few minutes to get completed.
Also Read: How to Add Text in Photoshop
Method 2: Use the Photo Editing Tool to Add Text
The font sizes are limited if you add text using an Instagram story. If you wish to have more fonts that are more eye-catching you can use third-party photo editing apps to add text to your Instagram photos. For doing that follow the steps given below.
Note: We do not endorse or promote the use of third-party tools. Please use them at your discretion.
1. Open the Photo Editing tool and from the Gallery choose the photo on which you want to add the text.
2. Use the text tool of the photo editing tool to add text to the photo.
3. Once done save or export the photo to your camera roll.
4. Now, open Instagram and tap on the plus icon from the bottom of the screen to post the photo.
5. Select the photo in which you added the text.
Note: It should be the first photo on your camera roll.
6. Tap on the right arrow button and make specific changes to the photo.
7. Finally, add details about the photo and then again tap on the right arrow icon at the top right corner.
Also Read: How to Add Text to Instagram Reels
The ability to add text to your Instagram photos helps you to express your creativity and communicate effectively with your audience. From adding captions and quotes to sharing important information, text can significantly enhance the impact of your visual content. Drop your queries in the comment section below.