Have you been exhausted from scrolling endlessly through your Facebook feed to find that one special group? You know you can simply pin it in the app and have them right at your fingertips. Want to know how? In this article, we will explain how to create and add the shortcut to a Facebook group on Android. Get prepared to quickstep your way to your favorite communities.
How to Add Group Shortcut in Facebook App
You might have noticed the navigation bar in the Facebook app, located at the bottom. From here you can conveniently access various sections such as your Profile, Feed, Marketplace, Friends, and even Groups. However, as by default the shortcuts are set on Auto mode, you might not be able to find the Groups in the navigation bar. Follow the steps mentioned below to add it:
1. Launch the Facebook app and tap the Menu option at the bottom-right corner.
2. Tap on the gear (Settings) icon at the top right corner of the screen.
3. Scroll down and tap on the Navigation bar option.
4. Tap on Customise the bar.
5. In the Available shortcuts section, tap on Auto next to Groups.
6. Select Pin from the menu to add the Groups shortcut in the navigation bar.
Note: If you do not find the shortcut in the Navigation bar yet, close that app and launch it again to see the changes.
Also Read: How to See Hidden Friends on Facebook Mobile
How to Add Shortcuts for Specific Groups
Well, now you can access the Groups right from the home page only, without having to navigate through the Menu. However, do you know you can pin your favorite groups as well for easier access? Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open Facebook and tap on Groups in the navigation bar at the bottom.
2. Tap on the gear (Settings) icon at the top-right corner.
3. Tap on Pinned groups.
4. Tap on the Pin icon next to the groups you want to add.
5. Now refresh the app and you can find the groups you pinned right on the top of the Groups section.
How to Add Facebook Group to Home Screen on Android
Well, there’s more to shortcuts. Another way to stay connected with your Facebook groups is to add it as a widget to the home screen of your Android device. This way, you can open your group with a single tap. Follow the steps mentioned below:
Note: You can only add the groups to your home screen where you have admin access.
1. Open Facebook, navigate to Groups, and tap on Your groups at the top.
2. Under Groups you manage, choose the group you want to add the shortcut for.
3. Tap on the Admin Privileges icon at the top right corner of the screen.
4. Scroll down and tap on Personal settings.
5. Finally, tap on Add to home screen.
That is it. The shortcut to this group will be added to the home screen of the device in the form of a widget and you can access it with just a tap.
Recommended: How to Share a Private Facebook Group Link
We hope with the help of our guide, you could now add the group shortcut in Facebook app. If you have any queries or suggestions for us, do let us know in the comments box below. Stay connected to TechCult for more cool tips, tricks, and information.