If your Windows 10 causes some serious errors or glitches a lot, it can be easily fixed by resetting Windows 10. Do note it is a one-way road and can’t be undone. as it wipes out the C drive or the Windows-installed drive. It would then install a fresh new Windows OS. Here, we will help you understand how long does it take to reset Windows 10 and what happens after Windows 10 reset.
Table of Contents
How Long Does It Take to Reset Windows 10?
You will get to know reset Windows 10 duration further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
Is It Safe to Reset Windows 10?
Yes, it is safe to reset WIN 10. It will reset your system files and settings. It will also remove the installed apps and software on your device. You can opt in either to delete all the data from your device or opt out, which will erase your C drive or installed drive. So, all the data on other drives will be safe.
How Long Should a Windows 10 Reset Take to Install?
A Windows 10 reset should take about 30 to 45 minutes. It is how long a reset process on a good Windows device can take and not more.
- But if your device has a faulty or old hard drive or a poor internet connection, it might take longer, which can then reach somewhere around 2 to 3 hours.
- A device with a minimum of 4 GB RAM, a solid-state drive, and an internet connection with a speed of around 40-50 Mbps will reset your device and fresh install WIN 10 in just 30 minutes. If your device lacks any of these, it surely will take a lot longer to conclude the proceedings.
Why does Windows 10 Reset Take So Long?
WIN 10 reset can take a while. When you choose to reset your WIN 10, you need to select an option to reinstall WIN 10 either from the cloud or the local drive.
- When you select the cloud install option, it will download Windows 10 from the internet, which will take a long time if your internet speed is not good enough. It is the first reason which will slow down your resetting process.
- And the second reason can be your old hard drive.
These two reasons may be the reason why your WIN 10 reset is taking so long.
What Happens After Resetting Windows 10?
After resetting WIN 10, the files, apps, and system settings like your login Microsoft account, any saved networks, passwords, and others will be completely wiped out. If you select to do a complete factory reset with all the files on your device, it will remove all the files from your device along with C-drive or the Windows-installed drive, which is the default when even if you don’t select the file removal option. The resetting process will take a while, and new fresh WIN 10 will be installed once the resetting has been done.
How Long Does It Take to Reset a Laptop Windows 10?
Usually, it takes about 30 minutes to 2 hours to reset a WIN 10 laptop.
Windows 10 reset duration might vary depending on certain factors, such as:
- Drive installed on your laptop
- Internet connectivity
- Laptop battery
Also Read: Can I Go Back to Windows 10 from Windows 11?
Does Factory Reset Delete Everything on Laptop?
Yes, a factory reset can delete everything on the laptop.
- Can You Reopen a Closed Zipcar Account?
- How to Run Windows Update Troubleshooter on Windows 11
- How to Reset Windows Update Components on Windows 10
- How to Reset Windows 11
We hope that you learned about how long does it take to reset Windows 10. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.