Windows Update Troubleshooter is a tool provided by Microsoft to help diagnose and resolve issues related to OS updates. The troubleshooter is designed to automatically detect and repair problems that prevent Windows from updating properly. Running the Windows Update Troubleshooter is often a recommended first step when encountering problems with Windows updates, as it can quickly and easily resolve many computer issues.
How to Run Windows Update Troubleshooter on Windows 11
Windows troubleshooters are important features because they help users diagnose and resolve issues related to the computer. Windows updates are essential for maintaining the security and stability of your operating system, as they include important security patches, bug fixes, and feature enhancements. However, sometimes updates can fail to install properly or cause other issues, which can result in a less secure or less stable system.
The Windows Update Troubleshooter can help users identify and resolve these issues quickly and easily, without the need for technical expertise. It is designed to automatically detect and repair problems with Windows updates, which can save users time. By ensuring that updates are installed correctly and on time, the troubleshooter can help users keep their systems secure and up-to-date, which is essential for protecting their personal and professional data.
Method 1: From Windows Settings
Follow these simple steps to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter from Windows settings.
1. Press the Windows + I on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
2. Click on the System panel.
3. Scroll down and click on the Troubleshoot option in the left-hand menu.
4. Open the Other Troubleshooters section.
5. Click on the Run icon for the Windows Update option.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process. Windows will scan your system for any Windows updates or device-related issues and provide potential solutions to fix them.
Method 2: From Command Prompt
Follow the steps mentioned below to run the troubleshooter from the Command Prompt:
Note: Running the Windows Update troubleshooter via cmd may not always resolve all Windows Update issues.
1. Search cmd in the Start Menu and click Run as administrator.
2. In the Command Prompt window, type the following command and press Enter.
msdt.exe /id WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to diagnose and fix any problems with Windows Update. Once done, close the troubleshooter and Restart your device.
- How to View Discord Profile
- How to Rollback Driver Updates on Windows 11
- How to Download and Install Windows 11 Updates
We hope this guide was helpful to you and you were able to figure out how to run Windows Update Troubleshooter on your Windows 11 computer. If you have any queries or suggestions for us, please let us know in the comment section.