Child safety is a major concern for parents and guardians alike in today’s day and age, especially in the online world. That said, there seems to be a need for a parental control app for the same, and this is where KidsGuard comes in. This article will review Kidsguard app and explain how does it actually work once you install it.
How does KidsGuard Work: Review and Installation Guide
KidsGuard is a parental control app that’s designed to monitor and control your kids’ activities on their smartphones. Along with this, the app can help limit your kids’ screen time, and protect your kids from harmful content online by keeping you updated with their movements. The app’s creator, ClevGuard, pseudo-names the app to something else to hide it from the user/child.
Can you install KidsGuard Pro for Android?
Yes, KidsGuard is available on the Play Store, and you can start using its parental control features right away by downloading and installing it. But, before that do read the important features of said app.
Features of KidsGuard App
These features of the app are what make it an essential parental control app.
- Tracking phone files: You get access to a variety of areas in it, including texts, call logs, browser history, photos, videos, contacts, and more.
- Viewing social media data: You can view messages from Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Instagram, and more, social media data with KidsGuard Pro.
- Real-time phone location: You can keep track of the places they’ve visited and stayed with the help of GPS location tracking. In addition, you have the benefit of setting up advanced Wi-Fi network analysis and Geofence.
- Parental control for YouTube and TikTok: This is a must-have feature that is easy to use as well. With this, you can view search and view history on TikTok and YouTube, as well as set up keywords to get notified when any of them matches your kid’s search term.
- Keylogger analysis: This feature lets you track every keystroke of your kid, helping you figure out if their conversations are safe or not.
How to Install and Use KidsGuard on Android
Now that you know what is KidsGuard Pro app, it has a plethora of features that help ensure child safety on the internet. In the previous section, we discussed the app’s features to better understand how does KidsGuard work. Now let’s see how you can install the app on your device, here are the steps to integrate KidsGuard into your kid’s smartphone
1. Tap on the Play Store icon from your app menu.
2. Type KidsGuard on the search bar
3. Tap on the KidsGuard app and tap on Install.
Now repeat steps 1 to 3 on your child’s smartphone to install KidsGuard on their device. Then bind the two apps.
If the two apps function correctly on their respective devices, KidsGuard will be able to provide real-time services for you and your kids.
Pros of KidsGuard Pro App
1. Battery consumption
Generally, the KidsGuard app doesn’t impose any major load on the target phone’s battery, hence resulting in minimal battery drain and zero heating. This can be a huge advantage as you can now monitor your child’s activity without draining their device quickly.
2. Installation process
Just as you install an app on your smartphone, it’s no different with KidsGuard Pro. Once installed, you will be able to see on-screen photo directions and a floating assistant ball, and both help to set up the app.
3. Access to address book
Another benefit of the app is that you get access to all contacts of the target phone. What’s even more convenient is that it presents all the target device’s contacts in a well-organized presentation.
4. Location tracking
Last but definitely not least, you get full-fledged location-tracking abilities with the app. While other spy apps demand root access to leverage location tracking in them, KidsGuard Pro is an exception. Also, as mentioned earlier, there exists the ability to set geofences and track them with the help of Wi-Fi IP addresses.
Cons of KidsGuard Pro
1. Lack of content restriction functions
As KidsGuard Pro is synonymous with parental control, it is expected to have toggles to regulate content on the target device. But the app lacks the essential content restriction functions which would have otherwise improved the tracking experience.
2. Monitoring iPhones
Due to the restrictions of iOS, using KidsGuard to monitor an iPhone can be unsatisfying. For iPhones, the app is more of a backup-viewing app than a monitoring app. This means the app can’t monitor the iOS device in real-time, and it’s only when you plug in the target device that it’ll show you data.
Additional Remote Features Every Parent Should Know
Besides these, there are a few remote-control features that allow you to perform operations on the desired device:
- Secret photos: The app can remotely turn on the target phone’s camera so that you can take secret photos.
- Phone call recording: This is a no-brainer. KidsGuard can record the voice of both the caller and the receiver.
- Screenshots: You can capture screenshots on the target device in real-time and sync them automatically.
- Phone screen recording: KidsGuard allows you to record the screen of the target phone without them knowing about this.
- Phone environment: A KidsGuard Pro plan gives you access to the target phone’s surroundings by recording the sound around the target phone.
Recommended: How to Turn Off Parental Controls without a Password
We hope this article was helpful to you and you were able to know everything about how does KidsGuard work and the pros and cons of the app. If you have any suggestions or queries for us, please let us know in the comment section.