Would you mind an unmatched gaming experience on your Xbox One console? All you need is to use the Power Mode settings. It will you to customize the console’s power usage & performance and will ensure that the console runs at its optimal capacity level while also being energy efficient. This guide will teach you how to turn on Power Mode on Xbox One.
Table of Contents
Power Mode on Xbox One
Power Mode on Xbox One lets you control how the console operates in terms of power usage and performance. It keeps a check on the energy consumption when the hardware is not in use or in standby mode, ultimately improving its life. There are two primary power-mode options available: Instant-On mode and Energy-Saving mode.
- Instant-On mode: In this mode, the console is put into a low-power state when turned off. It enables it to start up quickly and resume from where you left off. Further, the console can download updates and games in the background as well.
- Energy-saving mode: In the Energy-Saving mode, the hardware is fully turned off to conserve power. However, the console takes longer to start up and does not download any updates or games in the background.
Also Read: Does Xbox Waste Electricity?
Enable Power Mode on Xbox One
Although the console is set to Instant-on mode by default, you can choose any of the two available modes as preferred. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. On the controller, press the Xbox button and open the Guide menu.
2. Navigate to Settings and move to the General tab.
3. Click on the Power mode & startup option.
4. Hit the Power mode option and from the drop-down menu, select either Instant-on or Energy-saving mode.
Which Power Mode is Best for Xbox?
As the console remains partially active in the background in the Instant-On mode, it consumes comparatively more energy. On the other hand, the Energy-Saving mode is designed to conserve power by entirely shutting down the console when not in use. It significantly reduces energy consumption.
Ultimately the best power mode for you depends upon your preference and purpose. If you want a quick start-up and resume while keeping the background downloads active, you can go for the Instant-On mode. However, the Energy-Saving mode may be preferable if energy efficiency is a priority.
With that, we conclude the article here. We hope you can now turn on Power Mode on Xbox One. If you have any queries or suggestions, please drop them in the comments box below.