Since your Amazon account and Alexa app are registered with the Amazon Echo Dot smart speaker, it is necessary to unlink them when you wish to replace or sell the speaker. It further allows you to register the same speaker device on other phones or have the new device linked to your phone. This guide will demonstrate how to deregister and re-register your Echo Dot from the Alexa app.
How Do I Deregister Echo Dot from Alexa App
Having inactive and disconnected devices on your Alexa app will not help you easily control the other active devices. With the method mentioned further in this article, you will learn to deregister Echo Dot devices from your Amazon account on the Alexa app.
To deregister your Amazon Echo Dot, follow these steps:
1. Open the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet.
2. Tap on the Devices tab at the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Select the Echo & Alexa option and then select your Echo Dot from the list of devices.
4. Tap on the Settings icon from the upper right corner of the screen.
5. Swipe down and select the Deregister option and confirm it from the popup.
What Does It Mean to Deregister an Echo Device?
To deregister an Echo device means removing it from your Amazon account, which also removes device access to your account information and associated services. Deregistering an Echo Dot will delete all of your voice recordings and other personal data stored on the device. You can deregister an Echo device from the Alexa app, or from the device itself by saying: Alexa, deregister [device name].
Can You Unregister an Echo Dot?
Yes, you can deregister an Echo Dot, which is the same as unregistering it. The method mentioned further in this article will help you to do that easily.
What Happens When I Deregister an Echo Dot?
Once you deregister an Echo Dot device, it will reset to its factory settings, which means that any personalized settings or configurations you have made on the device will be erased. This includes Wi-Fi network information, connected smart home devices, and custom Alexa skills or routines you have created. If you plan to sell or give away your Echo Dot, it’s important to deregister it from your Amazon account to ensure that the new owner does not have access to your personal information or content.
How Do I Deregister Echo Dot?
To deregister an Echo Dot from your Amazon account on the Alexa app, you can follow these steps:
1. Launch the Amazon Alexa app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Devices tab.
3. Now, select the Echo & Alexa option.
4. Tap on the desired Echo Dot device from the list.
5. Then, tap on the Settings gear icon from the top right corner of the device menu.
6. From the Registered To field, tap on the Deregister option.
7. Tap on Deregister from the popup to confirm the action to deregister your Echo Dot device from the Alexa app.
Also Read: How to Deregister Amazon Device
How to Register Echo Dot after Deregistering
To register an Echo Dot after deregistering it, you can follow these steps:
1. Plug in your Echo Dot and wait for it to power up.
2. Open the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet.
3. Tap on the Devices tab at the bottom of the screen.
4. Tap on the + icon in the top right corner of the screen.
5. Tap on Add Device.
6. Select the type of Echo Dot device you’re setting up after you deregister it.
7. Follow the onscreen instructions in the app to connect the Echo Dot to your Wi-Fi network.
8. When prompted, enter the Amazon account credentials you want to associate with the Echo Dot.
- What Parts Are Needed to Build a Gaming PC?
- How to Unlock the Butterfly Lens on Snapchat
- Fix Amazon Echo Not Turning On Problem
- Why I Cannot Remove Device from Alexa App?
After learning how do I deregister Echo Dot device on the Alexa app, you can clear the unused devices from your Amazon account and add new ones easily. Let us know in the comments section below if you have any suggestions or queries. Also, you can convey what you want to learn about next.