Family members can share access to Apple services through Family Sharing, including child Apple ID accounts for individuals under 18. However, if the age is filled in or added incorrectly, you must modify it to maintain their status as a minor account in the family group. Let’s explore the steps to change your child’s birthday or age for inclusion in the Apple Family Sharing group as a child.
Table of Contents
How Do I Change My Child’s Birthday on Apple Family Sharing
You can change your child’s age or birthday for their Apple ID with the methods mentioned below:
To change your child’s birthday on Apple Family Sharing, you need to follow these steps:
1. Sign in to the Apple ID website.
2. Go to Personal Information.
3. Select Birthday.
4. Enter the new birthdate and click Save.
5. Follow the onscreen instructions for age verification. The family organizer needs to approve the request to finalize the process.
Method 1: Contact Apple Support to Change Any Age to Under 13
You cannot change or update the birthday of a child account under the age of 13. However, Apple Support can assist you with this. Here are two popular methods to reach Apple Support.
Option I: Call Apple Support
The first option is dialing the Apple support numbers directly, based on location. You can look up Apple Customer Support contact numbers, and call the support number of your location.
Option II: Request through Contact Apple Support Page
The second way is to contact Apple through the Contact Apple Support page. To raise a request for changing your child’s birthday, follow the steps below.
1. Visit the Contact Apple Support page on your web browser.
2. Scroll down and click on Apple ID.
3. From the list of Apple ID topics, click on Family Sharing & Children.
4. Select Yes for the question Is the device linked to an Apple ID that you’re familiar with?
5. Then, click on Continue.
6. Scroll down to the bottom and click on any of the following options to request a modification of age.
- Chat to connect via chat
- Call to get connected to Apple Support on call
Method 2: Edit Account Age to between 13 to 18 from Apple ID Website
You can only change the age of a child account between 13 to 18 years if you are a member of an Apple Family Sharing group, and your family organizer approves the change.
Note You cannot edit a birth date once it has been changed to any age below 13. So, while creating an Apple ID for your child below 13 years of age, you must correct the date of birth on the first attempt.
1. Visit the Apple ID website and Sign in using your Apple ID.
2. Click on Personal Information.
3. Next, select Birthday.
4. Enter the desired birthdate and click on Save.
5. Now, follow the onscreen instructions to send the confirmation email to change the age to your family organizer.
The family organizer will give to approve the requests to complete this process.
How Do I Change My Child’s Birthday on Family Sharing for Non-Child Apple ID?
You can follow Method 2 from the above heading to change the age of adult Apple IDs. But if you want to perform this method on your iPhone, read and follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. From the top of the settings menu, tap on your Apple ID.
3. Tap on the Name, Phone Numbers, Email option.
Note: If prompted, you must enter your Apple ID password for identity confirmation.
4. Tap on the Date of birth option.
5. Select your correct birthdate from the calendar and tap on Done to confirm the update, as shown.
Also Read: How to Change Birthday on Instagram
Why Can’t I Remove a Child Under 13 from Family Sharing?
Children under the age of 13 who use Apple ID for kids have their Apple ID linked to the parent’s Apple ID account. As a result, you cannot remove a child under 13 from a Family Sharing group.
We hope this article has resolved all your questions about how you can change your child’s birthday on Apple Family Sharing. So, the child account can now access exclusive features, including Ask to Buy and Screen Time management, without a problem. Share your queries and suggestion in the comments below, and continue to visit our website for more fantastic tech tutorials.