Zoom has become an essential tool for remote meeting. But sometimes Zoom says another meeting is in progress when trying to join. This error suggests that the Zoom host is presently attending another meeting and is unable to accept additional attendees into their session. This causes inconvenience if you are managing many meetings. So, we bring to you a helpful guide that will fix Zoom the host has another meeting in progress cannot join error.
How to Fix Zoom The Host Has Another Meeting in Progress Cannot Join Error
When someone tries to attend a Zoom meeting, they might encounter the error Zoom the host has another meeting in progress cannot join appears. This error message can be inconvenient for those who need instant access to the meeting, as well as perplexing for those who don’t understand why they’re getting it. In this article, we will answer the question, what to do when Zoom says another meeting is in progress?
Try disabling recurring meetings on Zoom app. Here are the steps to do so:
1. Launch Zoom app and go to Meetings menu.
2. Click on Edit button under a meeting to disable.
3. Uncheck the Recurring meeting option under Date & Time section.
4. Finally, click on Save.
What causes this Error?
A variety of reasons can cause Zoom the host has another meeting in progress cannot join error message. Scheduling conflicts, technical issues with the Zoom platform or the host’s internet connection, system glitches, meeting limits, attendees attempting to join before the host, meeting locked, and maximum capacity attained are examples of these. Users can take suitable measures to resolve the problem by identifying the underlying cause of the error message, such as contacting the host, refreshing the Zoom session, or upgrading their account.
- Meetings get overlapped, but the host can only be in one meeting at a time. If the host is attending another meeting that is taking longer than anticipated, it may cause the next meeting to start late or prevent new attendees from joining.
- Technical problems can be also the reason for this error message with the Zoom platform or the host’s internet connection. For smooth video and audio quality, Zoom needs a stable internet link. If the internet link fails, the Zoom session may be terminated or new attendees may be prevented from joining.
- Even if the host is not present in another meeting, the error message may show. This could be due to a malfunction in the system. Refreshing the Zoom session or restarting the Zoom app may assist in such cases.
- Meeting limits apply to each account category on Zoom. Meetings with three or more people, for example, are limited to 40 minutes in free accounts. If the conference goes over this limit, the host must upgrade their account or restart the meeting.
- Attendees may receive this error message if they attempt to enter the meeting before the host. Attendees must enter the meeting if the host is present.
- Each account type has a maximum capacity restriction. New attendees will be unable to join the meeting if the maximum capacity is met.
There are a few things you can attempt to fix the Zoom Host has another Meeting in Progress cannot Join error message.
Method 1: End Active Meetings
You can try to end active meetings to fix the problem. Follow the instructions below to do so.
Option I: For Attendees
To exit the Active Meeting, Click on End or you can press Alt + Q keys simultaneously.
Option II: For Host
To exit the present meeting, click on Leave or End Meeting for All in the Zoom app.
Note: If you are the meeting’s host, click on End Meeting for All to end the meeting for everyone.
Method 2: Disable Recurring Meetings
By disabling the meeting’s recurrence, you are effectively deleting all future occurrences of the meeting while retaining the meeting ID and settings. This means that after the last scheduled instance, attendees will no longer be able to join the recurring meeting, but you can still establish new meetings with the same parameters if necessary. To stop recurring meetings in Zoom, follow these steps:
Note: It is essential to note that disabling a meeting’s recurrence does not delete the meeting itself, so you must delete the meeting separately if you no longer require it.
1. Go to the Meetings page after logging into your Zoom account.
2. To change the recurring meeting options, click the Edit button.
3. In the Edit Meeting window, uncheck the box next to Recurring meeting option.
4. To save the modifications to the meeting settings, click the Save button.
Method 3: Change Default Zoom Settings as Host
You can change the default Zoom settings for your meetings as a host just by logging in browser with your Zoom account by following these steps:
1. On the main screen, select the Settings tab.
2. Scroll down and select the In Meeting (Basic) section.
3. After clicking on Host, Save it.
Also Read: How to Make Zoom Better Using its Best Apps
Method 4: Update Zoom App
You can update Zoom by following these steps:
1. Launch the Zoom desktop software on your computer.
2. In the top-right corner of the screen, click on your Profile Image.
3. Select the Check for Updates option that will appear in the drop-down option.
4. If an update is available, then install it by following the onscreen instructions.
The Zoom Host has another meeting in progress cannot Join error notice can be aggravating for users who need to join a meeting right away. Typically, the error message indicates that the host is presently engaged in another meeting and is unable to accept new attendees. This can be due to scheduling conflicts, technical difficulties, or Zoom system glitches.
Then, users can try the following ways:
- Contacting the host directly
- Refreshing their Zoom session
- Restarting the Zoom app
- Joining the meeting using a different device or network connection
- TLS vs SSL vs HTTPS: What are the Differences?
- How to Use GarageBand on Mac
- Fix Zoom Low System Resources Error
- Fix Zoom Error Code 300
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to understand how to fix Zoom the host has another meeting in progress cannot join error. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.