Zoom is a popularly used video conferencing service for meetings, webinars, audio conferencing, meeting recordings, and live chat. Especially in the time of COVID, it played a major role in keeping employees and students in touch with their managers and teachers respectively. Being disrupted in an important Zoom meeting due to an error code is indeed annoying. so let’s fix Zoom error code 2008 in Windows 10/11 PC.
How to Fix Zoom Error Code 2008 in Windows 10
Zoom error 2008 is encountered when a webinar license is not applied. This usually implies that the Zoom user either does not have a valid webinar license or the license has expired. It will prevent you from attending said webinar.
Method 1: Troubleshoot Internet Connectivity
If, for some reason your network is down or too weak, Zoom might encounter some errors. The first thing you need is a Speedtest for your internet connection which determines how stable your connection is. If the connection is stable and strong, move on to the next solution. In case your internet speed is indeed low, check our guide on how to troubleshoot network connectivity problems on Windows 10 to stabilize the connectivity and run Zoom without any interruption.
Method 2: Sign Out of All Devices and Login Again
The next method that is an easy fix is to log in again in to Zoom after signing out of all other devices. Using the Zoom app on multiple devices is completely fine but sometimes, while joining a webinar especially, error code 2008 can appear, therefore, it is practical in such cases, to log in again to your Zoom account after signing out of all other devices.
1. Open Zoom in the browser of your desktop and SIGN IN to your account.
2. Now, go to My Account section, click on Profile menu.
3. Next, scroll down to Sign in section and click on Sign Me Out From All Devices option.
4. Once you have signed out, log in to your account again using your credentials, and check if the meeting has an unexpected error code 2008 is fixed.
Method 3: Clear Zoom App Cache
Zoom cache is another reason why you are facing error code 2008 on Zoom. The cache files on the app store some important information but when they build up, they can become corrupt and cause issues, interrupting webinar connection. Therefore, it is important to clear the app cache, which you can do with the help of the following steps:
1. Open the Zoom app on your PC.
2. Now, click on the profile pic on the top right corner .
3. Next, select Settings from the drop-down menu that appears.
4. Select Zoom Apps from the side panel as shown.
5. Now, click on Clear next to Zoom Apps Local App Data & Cookies.
6. Click on Clear to confirm the action.
Now, join a meeting and check if the meeting has an unexpected error code 2008 issue still persists or not.
Method 4: Whitelist Zoom in Windows Firewall
Security software like an antivirus program or Firewall on your PC is important and quite helpful in keeping viruses and malware away from your data and files stored in it. While these tools are extremely essential, they can also block some third-party applications, which is in the case of Zoom, where certain features of Zoom are blocked by these programs. Now that you are aware of Zoom error 2008 what it means, it is, therefore, crucial to make sure Zoom is whitelisted in security software. To do so, you can go through our guide, Allow or Block Apps through the Windows Firewall, which will help you with whitelisting the Zoom app.
Method 5: Verify Webinar License
If you are still struggling with the meeting has an unexpected error code 2008 while trying to connect to a webinar, then you must check your webinar license once. Checking the validity of the license is essential, as it can interrupt you from attending a webinar on the Zoom app. The steps given below will guide you on how to check the license by visiting the user management section:
1. Navigate to Zoom webpage on your browser.
2. Use admin access to launch the application.
3. Now, open User Management.
4. Here, check the status of the license and make sure you are using a valid one.
Also Read: Fix Zoom Audio Not Working Windows 10
Method 6: Reinstall Zoom App
The next and last method that can help you with Zoom error code 2008 is uninstalling and then reinstalling the Zoom app. A fresh installation of the program usually helps in clearing out all the issues and glitches that result in an error. You can go through the following steps to perform the same on your PC:
1. Hit the Windows key, type Control Panel and click on Open.
2. Set View by > Large icons, then click on the Programs and Features option from the list.
3. Now, click on the Zoom app and select the Uninstall button.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions and uninstall the app, then reboot the PC.
5. Now that the application is uninstalled, open your browser and Download Zoom app on your Desktop again.
6. Next, launch the ZoomInstaller file at the bottom of your screen.
7. Now, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation and log in to your Zoom account to check if error 2008 has been resolved.
Also Read: Fix Zoom is Unable to Detect a Camera
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I fix Zoom showing an error code?
Ans. If you see an error code on Zoom, the best thing to do is to log out of all other devices you are using Zoom in and log in to your account again. You can also try deleting or unlinking users from your account or deleting any existing Zoom rooms.
Q2. How can I fix Zoom unable to connect?
Ans. If you are unable to connect to Zoom, you must check your internet connection, for more information on this, you can go through Method 1 mentioned above.
Q3. Why am I unable to connect to a Zoom meeting?
Ans. The inability to connect to a Zoom meeting arises due to connection issues, in such a case you can try restarting your modem, router, or the device you are using to run Zoom on.
Q4. How can I restart Zoom?
Ans. You can restart Zoom by accessing Account Settings. In it, open the Meeting tab, find the Weekly system restart option and enable the settings.
Q5. Is it okay to clear the cache on Zoom?
Ans. Yes, if the corrupt cache is causing issues like error codes on Zoom, then you must clear it. To do so, you can take the help of Method 3 given above.
Recommended: How to Remove Zoom Profile Picture
Zoom is an amazing application for businesses and educational institutions alike. We hope that our guide helped resolve Zoom error code 2008. If you have any more queries or suggestions, leave your comments in the section given below.