A cluster of small files synchronizes together to form a functional outcome. Yet, in some cases, a few of these files might be corrupt and may lead to the malfunctioning of your PC. As a Windows user, you may expect the computer to work perfectly, but this is not attained all the time. For example, you may be annoyed with Netwtw04.sys blue screen error more often, and you are not the one who faces the same. The Blue Screen of Death is a common error that is very easy to be tackled. This guide will teach you what is Netwtw04.sys and how to fix Netwtw04.sys failed blue screen error. So, continue reading.
How to Fix Windows 10 Netwtw04.sys Blue Screen Error
Before you learn the troubleshooting methods to fix this Netwtw04.sys failed BSOD error, you must know what is causing the problem to occur to follow the resolving steps accordingly. Usually, your PC might face two types of Netwtw04.sys BSOD errors. They are explained below.
- DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: The Kernel memory in your PC is a section of total (RAM + Virtual) memory allotted for your Operating System processes. The drivers and OS of your PC use paged and non-paged pool memory to store Data structures. The non-paged memory pool is used by Kernel and drivers of your PC, and it permanently resides in Physical memory (never paged out). IRQL (Interrupt Request Level) is a hardware component in which interrupts from processors of your PC are prioritized in a specific sequence. When the kernel-mode driver retrieves a lot of pageable memory from IRQL processes, you will face the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error.
- SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED is a BSOD error that often occurs when you boot your PC. When your driver is incompatible with your PC, you will face the discussed error. Your PC freezes whenever you encounter this error and blue screen results. This may annoy you, especially when you are in the middle of your work. Even after restarting your PC so many times, you will always end up with a BSOD error.
However, you may face a lot of other similar error codes when you face this error. System files (.sys files) are an important component of your Operating System since it bridges the requests and responses between hardware & devices. When these files are corrupt in your PC, you will face this error. Some of the reasons are
- Outdated drivers
- Incompatible drivers
- Corrupt files
- Malware or Virus attack
- Outdated Windows version
Precautionary Step: Boot in Safe Mode
Whenever you face this blue screen error, you have to enter safe mode to operate your PC normally. This will prevent your computer from making any errors, and you can open Windows PC normally. This is just a preliminary method to boot your system normally to follow the troubleshooting methods. Follow the below-mentioned steps to enter into safe mode when you see a blank empty screen.
Note: To boot your PC in safe mode, you may be prompted with a screen to enter your BitLocker key (if you have an encrypted device).
To boot PC in safe mode, you have to enter into Windows Recovery Environment, which can be done by turning your device off and on repeatedly.
1. Press Windows + I keys together to open Settings in your system.
2. Now, select Update & Security.
3. Now, click on Recovery in the left pane and select the Restart now option under Advanced startup.
4. Now, allow your PC to restart completely this time. You will enter into Windows Recovery Environment now.
5. Here, click on Troubleshoot.
6. Now, click on Advanced options as shown.
7. Now, select Advanced options followed by Startup Settings.
8. Click on Restart and wait for the Startup Settings screen to appear.
9. Press the (number) 4 key to enter Safe Mode.
Note: To enable Safe Mode with network access, hit number 5.
This section has compiled a list of troubleshooting methods for this error. Follow the procedures in the same order to attain the best results.
Method 1: Run Malware Scan
At times, Windows defender may not recognize any virus or malware thread on Netwtw04.sys files. There are a few anti-malware programs available to overcome this thread. This anti-malware software routinely scans and safeguards your system. Therefore, to avoid this error, run an antivirus scan in your system and check if Netwtw04.sys blue screen problem is solved. Then, follow the below-mentioned steps.
1. Hit Windows + I keys simultaneously to launch Settings.
2. Here, click on Update & Security settings as shown.
3. Go to Windows Security in the left pane.
4. Click on the Virus & threat protection option in the right pane.
5. Click on the Quick Scan button to search for malware.
6A. Once the scan is done, all the threats will be displayed. Click on Start Actions under Current threats.
6B. If there is no threat in your device, the device will show the No current threats alert.
Also Read: Fix Windows 10 Blue Screen Error
Method 2: Update or RollBack Network Drivers
If the current drivers in your system are incompatible or outdated with the Netwtw04.sys, then you will face Netwtw04.sys blue screen. Therefore, you are advised to update your device and drivers to prevent the said problem.
Option 1: Update Driver
Follow these steps to update the network driver to fix Netwtw04.sys failed error.
1. Press the Windows key, type device manager, and click on Open.
2. Double-click on Network adapters to expand it.
3. Right-click on your wireless network driver (e.g. Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter) and select Update driver, as depicted below.
4. Next, click on Search automatically for drivers to automatically download and install the best available driver.
5A. Now, the drivers will update and install to the latest version, if they are not updated.
5B. If they are already in an updated stage, the message saying The best drivers for your device are already installed will be shown.
6. Click on the Close button to exit the window and restart your PC.
Check if you have a fixed Netwtw04.sys failed error on Windows 10.
Option 2: Roll Back Driver Updates
If your system had been working correctly and began to malfunction after an update, rolling back the network drivers might help. When you roll back the driver, it will delete the current driver installed in the system and replace it with its previous version. This process should eliminate any bugs in the drivers and potentially fix Netwtw04.sys blue screen problem.
1. Go to Device Manager > Network adapters as shown in the above Option 1.
2. Right-click on the Wi-Fi driver (e.g. Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168) and select Properties, as depicted.
3. Switch to the Driver tab and select Roll Back Driver, as highlighted.
Note: If the option to Roll Back Driver is greyed out, it indicates that your computer does not have the pre-installed driver files or it has never been updated.
4. Provide your reason for Why are you rolling back? in Driver Package rollback. Then, click on Yes, as illustrated below.
5. Then, click on OK to apply this change. Finally, restart your PC.
Method 3: Reinstall Network Drivers
If updating drivers does not give you a fix to Netwtw04.sys failed error, you can uninstall the drivers and install them again. Then, follow the below-mentioned steps to implement the same to fix Netwtw04.sys blue screen error.
1. Launch the Device Manager from Windows search menu.
2. Expand Network adapters by double-clicking on it.
3. Now, right-click on the driver and select Uninstall device.
4. Now, a warning prompt will be displayed on the screen. Check the box Delete the driver software for this device and confirm the prompt by clicking Uninstall.
5. Then, restart your PC.
6. Now, visit the manufacturer’s website (e.g. Intel) to download the driver manually.
7. Once downloaded, double click on the downloaded file and follow the given instructions to install it.
8. Follow the same steps for all device drivers such as audio, video, network, etc.
Check if you have fixed Netwtw04.sys failed blue screen error on your PC.
Method 4: Repair System Files
Windows 10 allows users to automatically scan and repair their system files by running System File Checker. In addition, it is a built-in tool that lets the user delete files and fix Netwtw04.sys failed Blue Screen of Death error. Then, follow the below-mentioned steps to implement the same.
1. Hit the Windows key, type Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator.
2. Click on Yes in the User Account Control prompt.
3. Type chkdsk C: /f /r /x command and hit Enter key.
4. If you are prompted with a message, Chkdsk cannot run…the volume is… in use process, then, type Y and hit the Enter key.
5. Again, type the command: sfc /scannow and press Enter key to run the System File Checker scan.
Note: A system scan will be initiated and it will take a couple of minutes to finish. Meanwhile, you can continue performing other activities but be mindful of not accidentally closing the window.
After completing the scan, it will show either of these messages:
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
- Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
6. Once the scan is finished, restart your PC.
7. Again, launch Command Prompt as administrator and execute the given commands one after the other:
dism.exe /Online /cleanup-image /scanhealth dism.exe /Online /cleanup-image /restorehealth dism.exe /Online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
Note: You must have a working internet connection to execute DISM commands properly.
Method 5: Disable Antivirus Temporarily (If Applicable)
If you do not want to uninstall the Antivirus permanently from the system then you can disable it temporarily, follow the below steps to fix Netwtw04.sys blue screen error.
Note: We have shown Avast Antivirus as an example.
1. Navigate to the Antivirus icon in the Taskbar and right-click on it.
2. Now, select the Avast shields control option, and you can temporarily disable Avast using the below options:
- Disable for 10 minutes
- Disable for 1 hour
- Disable until computer is restarted
- Disable permanently
3. Choose the option according to your convenience and confirm the prompt displayed on the screen.
4. Now, go back to the main window. Here, you have turned off all shields from Avast. To activate the settings, click on TURN ON.
Check if you have fixed the error.
Also Read: How to Fix Window 10 Laptop White Screen
Method 6: Update Windows
If you did not obtain any fix by the above methods, then there are few chances that you might have bugs in your system. Microsoft releases updates periodically to fix the bugs in your system. Installing new updates will help you to fix the bugs in your system.
Hence, always ensure that you use your system in its updated version. Otherwise, the files in the system will not be compatible with the Netwtw04.sys files leading to Netwtw04.sys Blue Screen of Death error. Follow the given instructions to update the Windows version.
1. Press Windows + I keys simultaneously to launch Settings.
2. Click on the Update & Security tile, as shown.
3. In the Windows Update tab, click on Check for updates button.
4A. If a new update is available, then click Install Now and follow the instructions to update.
4B. Otherwise, if the Windows is up-to-date, then it will show You’re up to date message.
Also Read: Fix Windows 10 Yellow Screen of Death
Method 7: Perform System Restore
More often, you could face this Netwtw04.sys blue screen error after a Windows update. If you encounter Netwtw04.sys failed issue, then you could restore the system to its previous version.
Note: It is advisable to Boot Windows 10 PC into Safe Mode before proceeding with System Restore.
1. Hit the Windows key, type Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator.
2. Type rstrui.exe command and press the Enter key.
3. Now, click on Next in the System Restore window, as shown.
4. Finally, confirm the restore point by clicking on the Finish button.
- How to Install GCC on Ubuntu
- How to Find Sleep Button on Windows 10
- Fix Windows Update Install Error 0x8007012a
- How to Join a Team Pokemon Go
We hope that this guide was helpful and you could fix Netwtw04.sys blue screen error in Windows 10. Let us know which method worked for you the best. Also, if you have any queries/suggestions regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.